LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
Celebrimbor
Posted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:31 pm
Since I finished my last DC contest, I got bored and wanted to kick off another one! This theme will focus on Wizards and Elves, and the forming of the White Council.

This is going to be a 4-round contest, each requiring only one DC to be designed for each round. The first round will eliminate all but the top 8 contestants, and in the remaining three rounds the contestants will pair up in "duels" until all are eliminated except one lone survivor!

I will send, as a generous gift to the winner, 10 mint condition alternate language cards!

The "entry fee" for this contest is 1 Gold Piece, just to make up for the prize support.

Here is some lore(extracted from the Silmarillion), read it thoroughly, as it may prove useful!

For coming out of the wastes of the East Sauron took up his abode in the south of Mirkwood, and slowly he grew and took shape there again; in a dark hill he made his dwelling and wrought there his sorcery, and all folk feared the Sorcerer of Dol Guldur, and yet they knew not at first how great was their peril.

Even as the first shadows were felt in Mirkwood there appeared in the west of Middle-earth the Istari, whom Men called the Wizards. None knew at that time whence they were, save Cirdan of the Havens, and only to Elrond and to Galadriel did he reveal that they came over the Sea. But afterwards is was said among the Elves that they were messengers sent by the Lords of the West to contest the power of Sauron, if he should arise again, and to move Elves and Men and all living things of good will to valiant deeds. In the likeness of Men they appeared, old but vigorous, and they changed little with the years, and aged but slowly, though great cares lay on them; great wisdom they had, and many powers of mind and hand. Long they journeyed far and wide among Elves and Men, and held converse also with beasts and with birds; and the peoples of Middle-earth gave to them many names, for their true names they did not reveal. Chief among them were those whom the Elves called Mithrandir and Curunir, but Men in the North named Gandalf and Saruman. Radagast was a friend to all beasts and birds; but Curunir went most among Men, and he was subtle in speech and skilled in all the devices of smithcraft. Mithrandir was closest in counsel with Elrond and the Elves. He wandered far in the North and West and made never in any land any lasting abode; but Curunir journeyed into the East, and when he returned he dwelt at Orthanc in the Ring of Isengard, which the Numenoreans made in the days of their power.

Ever most vigilant was Mithrandir, as he feared it was indeed the first shadow of Sauron returning. And in that time was first made the Council of the Wise that is called the White Council, and therein were Elrond and Galadriel and Cirdan, and other lords of the Eldar, and with them were Mithrandir and Curunir. And Curunir was chosen to be their chief, for he had most studied the devices of Sauron of old. But Saruman now began to study the lore of the Rings of Power, their making and their history.

Everyone so far joined:

Mouth of Saruman
elf lvr
macheteman
CarpeGuitarrem
DáinIronfoot
menace64
sickofpalantirs
Anonomous Prodigy
Legoles3333
BattleWarg
Turin06
AnxiousChieftain
Glamdring
Last edited by Celebrimbor on Sat Mar 10, 2007 7:13 pm; edited 1 time in totalMy Trading List
Popcorn is not gooey like fat, and also not crunchy like potato chips, but crispy like lettuce which makes it a healthy snack. Popcorn
Mouth of Saruman
Posted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:34 pm
53-54.

I’m definitely in. Very Happy
elf lvr
Posted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:38 pm
54-55

Elves and Wizards? How could I say no?
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
macheteman
Posted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:39 pm
55-56

hail Celebrimbor, we who are about to die salute you!
Check out my best article The Utterly Corrupt Corruption,
If at first you don't succeed...Sky-diving isn't for you.
"Combat is dangerous. It tends to interupt your breathing process."
ROLF!!!
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 12:58 am
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
56-57

And I do not intend to do any dying this time. But I’ll still salute you. Wink
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:14 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
57-58. Sounds good to me! Cool
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
menace64
Posted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:07 pm
I smell danger afoot!

58-59.
Riddle 9
When I came to Abraham I let him live just a moment longer. When I came to Moses I saved his life more than once. But the salmon... I regret to say I had a hand in its death.

Who am I?
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:10 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
works for me
59-60
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:33 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
menace64 wrote:
I smell danger afoot!

58-59.

Whoa. Menace is back!

Where’d you disappear to?
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:35 pm
GP 60-61. I’m in. Smile
I had to put something here.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards