LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
Lost Heir
Posted: Sun May 27, 2007 7:11 pm
Here are the first Rohan cards, they focus on wounding minions in the maneuver and archery phases and then finishing them off in the skirmish phase.

A new keyword: Guardian: At the start of the maneuver phase, you may exert this character to exert an opponents character (except the Ring-bearer).

And another keyword that I have already made: Lord: While each minion is assigned to a skirmish, this character is strength +2.

3 •Eomer, Expert Rider Rohan
Companion • Man
Strength: 8
Vitality: 3
Resistance: 6
Guardian. Lord.
While Eomer is mounted, both the fellowship and minion archery totals are +1.
LG R 68

2 •Eowyn, Daughter of Kings Rohan
Companion • Man
Strength: 6
Guardian.
Archery: Add a threat and spot another Rohan Man to make the Shadow player choose to either wound a minion or remove 1.
LG R 69

1 •Eomer’s Spear, Perilous Weapon Rohan
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +2
Bearer must be a Rohan Man.
If bearer is Eomer and you can spot Eowyn, Eomer is damage +1.
Skirmish: If bearer is Éomer, remove this possession from the game and add a threat to wound a minion he is skirmishing twice.
LG U 70

1 •Windfola, Sturdy Mount Rohan
At the start of each skirmish involving bearer, each minion skirmishing bearer must exert.
If bearer is Eowyn, each time she is assigned to a skirmish you may remove 2 threats. The Shadow player may remove a burden to prevent the removal of those threats.
LG U 71
Last edited by Lost Heir on Mon May 28, 2007 8:39 pm; edited 5 times in totalCheck out my Trade List!
View the newest culture in my DC set, The Lords of Gondor: Gandalf
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Sun May 27, 2007 7:27 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Lost Heir wrote:
A new keyword: Blade-master: At the start of the maneuver phase, you may exert this character to exert an opponents character (except the Ring-bearer).

Hmmm...I think the concept is okay, but I don’t like the actual word "Blade-master". I’ll see if I can think up some suggestions, but I would recommend coming up with something else.

Lost Heir wrote:
Companion • Man
Blade-master. Lord.
While Eomer is mounted, the Fellowship archery total is +1 and the Minion archery total is +1.
LG R 68

Balanced. Sort of like a drastically toned-down Gothmog, Morgul Leader. Speaking of which, it should probably be worded "...both the fellowship and minion archery totals are +1."

Lost Heir wrote:
Companion • Man
Blade-master.
Archery: Add a threat to make the Shadow player choose to either wound a minion or remove 1.
LG R 69

Make that ability spot another Rohan companion or two, because otherwise she’s too good a splash companion.

Lost Heir wrote:
2 •Eomer’s Spear, Perilous Weapon Rohan
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +2
Skirmish: If bearer is Éomer, discard this possession to wound a minion he is skirmishing twice.
LG U 70

Bold damage +1, but otherwise it’s okay. A lot like Eomer’s Spear, Trusty Weapon, but just different enough to be okay, I think.

Lost Heir wrote:
At the start of each skirmish involving bearer, each minion skirmishing bearer must exert.
If bearer is Eowyn, each time she is assigned to a skirmish you may remove 2 threats.
LG U 71

Good. Thumbs Up
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Foresight
Posted: Sun May 27, 2007 9:27 pm
Lost Heir wrote:
A new keyword: Blade-master: At the start of the maneuver phase, you may exert this character to exert an opponents character (except the Ring-bearer).

Hmm...very interesting indeed. Since it says "Blade" on it, you might consider having it deal with having the character having to bear a hand weapon in order to exert an opponent’s character. I love the mechanic, though. Very Happy

Lost Heir wrote:
Companion • Man
Blade-master. Lord.
While Eomer is mounted, the Fellowship archery total is +1 and the Minion archery total is +1.
LG R 68

I’d reword it to say: "At the start of the archery phase, if Eomer is mounted, you may exert him to make the Fellowship archery total +1 and the Minion archery total -1." That way, you get to do his blade-master ability, which stacks on top of adding archery, and leeching the opponent’s archery. But the drawback is Eomer has to exert twice to do this, which IMO balances it out. Just my Two Cents.

Lost Heir wrote:
Companion • Man
Blade-master.
Archery: Add a threat to make the Shadow player choose to either wound a minion or remove 1.
LG R 69

Cool! I’d make it exert instead of wound.

Lost Heir wrote:
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +2
Skirmish: If bearer is Éomer, discard this possession to wound a minion he is skirmishing twice.
LG U 70

Wow! Insta-death to 3 vitality minions, unless you blade-mastered them before hand, then it’s insta-death to 4 vitality minions. I’d definately make it exert a minion twice instead of wound. Or, have it discard an exhausted minion skirmishing him. Very Happy

Lost Heir wrote:
If bearer is Eowyn, each time she is assigned to a skirmish you may remove 2 threats.
LG U 71

You could make it more interesting by giving the Shadow player a chance to prevent it by...: "...you may remove 2 threats. The Shadow player may remove a burden to prevent the removal of those threats." If I said "...to prevent this." That would also mean preventing assigning Eowyn to a skirmish. Nice cards man, nice cards...an interesting keyword too! Applause
In his eyes was the look of a hunted beast seeking some gap in the ring of his enemies. Men
Lost Heir
Posted: Mon May 28, 2007 8:54 am
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Lost Heir wrote:

Hmmm...I think the concept is okay, but I don’t like the actual word "Blade-master". I’ll see if I can think up some suggestions, but I would recommend coming up with something else.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. I’ll give a GP to whoever comes up with a name for it that I like.

Lost Heir wrote:
Companion • Man
Blade-master.
LG R 69

Make that ability spot another Rohan companion or two, because otherwise she’s too good a splash companion.

I’ll change that.

Foresight wrote:
Lost Heir wrote:
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +2
LG U 70

Wow! Insta-death to 3 vitality minions, unless you blade-mastered them before hand, then it’s insta-death to 4 vitality minions. I’d definately make it exert a minion twice instead of wound. Or, have it discard an exhausted minion skirmishing him. Very Happy

I brought down the cost to 1 and I also changed it so that now you remove it from the game to wound the minion twice because I noticed that you would’ve been able to stack it on sword rack and have it back every turn.

Lost Heir wrote:
LG U 71

You could make it more interesting by giving the Shadow player a chance to prevent it by...: "...you may remove 2 threats. The Shadow player may remove a burden to prevent the removal of those threats." If I said "...to prevent this." That would also mean preventing assigning Eowyn to a skirmish. Nice cards man, nice cards...an interesting keyword too! Applause

Good idea, I’ll change it.
Last edited by Lost Heir on Mon May 28, 2007 9:03 am; edited 1 time in totalCheck out my Trade List!
Lost Heir
Posted: Mon May 28, 2007 9:01 am
Maybe I’ll change the keyword to Guardian. Think
Check out my Trade List!
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Mon May 28, 2007 10:25 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Lost Heir wrote:
Maybe I’ll change the keyword to Guardian. Think

That would be MUCH better. Thumbs Up
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon May 28, 2007 7:32 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Lost Heir wrote:
Here are the first Rohan cards, they focus on wounding minions in the maneuver and archery phases and then finishing them off in the skirmish phase.

A new keyword: Guardian: At the start of the maneuver phase, you may exert this character to exert an opponents character (except the Ring-bearer).
doesn’t work. you can’t involve an opponents in-active characters in the game. unless you mean this is a freeps and minions keyword. in that case it works. which it probably is. So I just totally misinterpreted it.Wink
Companion • Man
Guardian. Lord.
While Eomer is mounted, both the fellowship and minion archery totals are +1.
LG R 68
cool! I think -1 would be cooler he is so good you can’t hit him

Companion • Man
Guardian.
Archery: Add a threat and spot another Rohan Man to make the Shadow player choose to either wound a minion or remove 1.
LG R 69
nice! maybe make it limit 2-3

1 •Eomer’s Spear, Perilous Weapon Rohan
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +2
Skirmish: If bearer is Éomer, remove this possession from the game to wound a minion he is skirmishing twice.
LG U 70
add another cost to that skirmish ability like adding a threat and possibly make it cost 2

If bearer is Eowyn, each time she is assigned to a skirmish you may remove 2 threats. The Shadow player may remove a burden to prevent the removal of those threats.
LG U 71

nice
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Lost Heir
Posted: Tue May 29, 2007 5:36 pm
An old keyword: Bloodlust X: While skirmishing a wounded character, this character is strength +X.

A couple more Rohan cards.

1 Riddermark Bow Rohan
Possession • Ranged Weapon
Strength +1
Skirmish: If bearer is mounted, exert bearer to wound a woundedNOLINK minion he or she is skirmishing.
LG C 72

1 Honor the Dead Rohan
Condition • Support Area
Vitality -1
Response: If a Rohan Man loses a skirmish, you may transfer this condition from your support area to a Rohan Man.
Bearer gains bloodlust 3.
Return this condition to your support area at the start of the regroup phase.
LG U 73
Last edited by Lost Heir on Thu May 31, 2007 3:18 pm; edited 1 time in totalCheck out my Trade List!
legoles3333
Posted: Tue May 29, 2007 6:02 pm
Joined: 28 Nov 2006 Posts: 861 Location: In a place that is beyond your imagination
Lost Heir wrote:
An old keyword: Bloodlust X: While skirmishing a wounded character, this character is strength +X.

A couple more Rohan cards.

1 Riddermark Bow Rohan
Bearer is an archer.
LG C 72

nice

1 Honor the Dead Rohan
Condition • Support Area
Vitality -1
Response: If a Rohan Man loses a skirmish, you may transfer this condition from your support area to a Rohan Man.
LG U 73

make it have to do with something like If a companion dies make bearer strength +3
Here's My Trade List
I have taken an oath of poverty, to annoy me, send money
I am a trained assassin catcher
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Tue May 29, 2007 6:12 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Lost Heir wrote:

1 Riddermark Bow Rohan
Bearer is an archer.
LG C 72

Eh...not Rohan. This is a reprint of Elven Bow, essentially, but for Rohan. But Rohan doesn’t work like that...check out Riddermark Javelin and Rohirrim Bow.
Quote:
1 Honor the Dead Rohan
Condition • Support Area
Vitality -1
LG U 73

Very cool and interesting! Good balance.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards