LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
Aragorn, King in Exile
Posted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 12:58 pm
Awesome keywords. GP for some neat ideas. Thumbs Up
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 1:32 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Foresight wrote:
I’m in a creative mood, so here’s some more for ya!

2Consorting with the Eye Isengard
Condition • Support Area
Strength: -1
Resistance: -1
To play, spot an Isengard wizard.
If a burden is added, transfer this condition from your support area to a companion (Except the Ring-bearer).
Bearer gains: Upkeep - Discard a card from hand. (At the start of the regroup phase, you must discard a card from hand or discard this companion.)
cool!

3 Brood Pit Master Isengard
Minion • Uruk-hai
Strength: 8
Vitality: 2
Site Number: 5
Damage +1. When you play this minion, you may discard a card from hand to draw a card.
maybe draw a card for each burden you can spot limit 2 or 3?

4 Wizard’s Wrath Isengard
Condition
Toil 1. Weather. To play, spot an Isengard Uruk-hai. Plays on a site.
Each companion loses all keywords and cannot gain keywords at this site. Upkeeps on Free Peoples conditions cannot be payed at this site.
so would this mean all free peoples conditions would be discarded that had upkeep?

1 Number is Too Great Isengard
Event • Skirmish
Exert X Isengard Uruk-hai to make an Isengard Uruk-hai strength +X.
sure

1 Orthanc Whelp Isengard
Minion • Uruk-hai
Strength: 5
Damage +1. At the start of the regroup phase, you may discard this minion to pay the cost of an upkeep on your Isengard card.

why not?
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 6:52 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Foresight wrote:

2Consorting with the Eye Isengard
Condition • Support Area
Strength: -1
Resistance: -1
To play, spot an Isengard wizard.
If a burden is added, transfer this condition from your support area to a companion (Except the Ring-bearer).
Bearer gains: Upkeep - Discard a card from hand. (At the start of the regroup phase, you must discard a card from hand or discard this companion.)

Very, very nice! That’s a mighty powerful card, but it’s good. Especially since Isengard doesn’t specialize in corruption... Cruel Caradhras would make an evil combo here.
Quote:
3 Brood Pit Master Isengard
Minion • Uruk-hai
Damage +1. When you play this minion, you may discard a card from hand to draw a card.

Muster, nice!
Quote:
4 Wizard’s Wrath Isengard
Condition
Toil 1. Weather. To play, spot an Isengard Uruk-hai. Plays on a site.
Each companion loses all keywords and cannot gain keywords at this site. Upkeeps on Free Peoples conditions cannot be payed at this site.

I would...probably drop the toil. It’s powerful enough as it is. And it should spot or exert an Isengard Wizard.
Quote:
1 Number is Too Great Isengard
Event • Skirmish
Exert X Isengard Uruk-hai to make an Isengard Uruk-hai strength +X.

Nice and simple, I like it. Oh, would that ever be an amazing combo with berserkers!
Quote:
1 Orthanc Whelp Isengard
Minion • Uruk-hai
Strength: 5
Damage +1. At the start of the regroup phase, you may discard this minion to pay the cost of an upkeep on your Isengard card.

I like it, I like it! Very good interpretation of the idea.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
Foresight
Posted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 4:51 pm
Halfway through Isengard! Here’s some more for you guys to sink your teeth into.

2 Blood-Rusted Shank Isengard
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength: +3
Bearer must be an Isengard Uruk-hai.
Bearer is aggressive. (Skirmishes involving aggressive minions must be resolved before any others.)

4Lieutenant of Orthanc, Harsh Commander Isengard
Minion • Uruk-hai
Strength: 10
Vitality: 3
Damage +1.
Each time an aggressive Isengard minion wins a skirmish, you may exert Lieutenant of Orthanc to exert a companion (Except the Ring-bearer).

1 Orthanc Worker Isengard
Minion • Orc
Strength: 4
Vitality: 1
Site Number: 4
When you play this minion, if you cannot spot an Isengard Wizard or an aggressive Isengard minion, this minion’s twilight cost is +2.

0 Bring Them To Me Isengard
Event • Shadow
Spot an Isengard Wizard to make an Isengard minion aggressive until the regroup phase. (Skirmishes involving aggressive minions must be resolved before any others.)

0The Palantír of Orthanc, Window of the Dark Lord Isengard
Artifact • Support Area
Upkeep - Exert an Isengard minion. (At the start of the regroup phase, you must exert an Isengard minion or discard this artifact.)
Regroup: Exert an Isengard Wizard to reveal the Free Peoples player’s hand. Choose a card revealed. The Free Peoples player chooses to discard that card or add 2.

Changes: Incorporated some changes from doughnuts and mm.
Last edited by Foresight on Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:32 am; edited 6 times in totalIn his eyes was the look of a hunted beast seeking some gap in the ring of his enemies. Men
macheteman
Posted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 4:55 pm
Foresight wrote:
Halfway through Isengard! Here’s some more for you guys to sink your teeth into.

Possession • Hand Weapon
Bearer gains aggressive. (Skirmishes involving aggressive minions must be resolved before any others.)

cool.

Minion • Uruk-hai
Damage +1.
Response: If an aggressive Isengard minion just won a skirmish, you may exert Lieutenant of Orthanc to exert a companion (Except the Ring-bearer).

it should be worded: "each time an aggressive Isengard minion wins a skirmish..."

0 Orthanc Worker Isengard
Minion • Orc
When you play this minion, if you cannot spot an Isengard Wizard or an aggressive Isengard minion, this minion’s twilight cost is +2.

i say make it cost at least 1, but i’m not sure.

2 Bring Them To Me Isengard
Event • Shadow
Spot an Isengard Wizard to make an Isengard minion aggressive. (Skirmishes involving aggressive minions must be resolved before any others.)

Thumbs Up

Artifact • Support Area
Upkeep - Exert an Isengard minion. (At the start of the regroup phase, you must exert an Isengard minion or discard this artifact.)
Regroup: Exert an Isengard Wizard to reveal the Free Peoples player’s hand. Choose a card to be removed from the game.

i think it’s overpowered and too much of an NPE. i’d drop the upkeep cost and just make it reaveal the hand.

good job.
Check out my best article The Utterly Corrupt Corruption,
If at first you don't succeed...Sky-diving isn't for you.
"Combat is dangerous. It tends to interupt your breathing process."
ROLF!!!
mm doughnuts
Posted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 5:18 pm
Will review soon, but mm’s review seems about right.
Last edited by mm doughnuts on Mon Jun 04, 2007 5:29 pm; edited 1 time in totalOnly those who are awesome are able to comprehend the sheer super-special-awesomeness of this signature.
Trade With Me!
mm doughnuts
Posted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 5:28 pm
Foresight wrote:

Possession • Hand Weapon
Bearer gains aggressive. (Skirmishes involving aggressive minions must be resolved before any others.)

I like it. Cool, and not OP

Minion • Uruk-hai
Damage +1.
Response: If an aggressive Isengard minion just won a skirmish, exert Lieutenant of Orthanc to exert a companion (Except the Ring-bearer).

Yeah mm’s right cut the "Response:" part and say "Each time an aggressive Isengard minion wins a skirmish, you may exert Lieutenant of Orthanc to exert a companion (Except the Ring-bearer)." The cost and strength are different from the original, but that’s ok

Minion • Orc

Again, I agree with mm: make him cost 1, and make the twilight cost increase only +1

2 Bring Them To Me Isengard
Event • Shadow
Spot an Isengard Wizard to make an Isengard minion aggressive. (Skirmishes involving aggressive minions must be resolved before any others.)

Pretty weak compared to your "Blood-Rusted Shank". Lower cost to 1 or something

Artifact • Support Area
Regroup: Exert an Isengard Wizard to reveal the Free Peoples player’s hand. Choose a card to be removed from the game.

Yeah go with mm’s suggestion I wouldn’t at all want to play someone who used this card.
Only those who are awesome are able to comprehend the sheer super-special-awesomeness of this signature.
Trade With Me!
Thranduil
Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 4:11 am
Foresight wrote:

Possession • Hand Weapon

’Bearer IS aggressive.’ Nice.

Minion • Uruk-hai
Damage +1.
Each time an aggressive Isengard minion wins a skirmish, you may exert Lieutenant of Orthanc to exert a companion (Except the Ring-bearer).

Cool.

Minion • Orc

Change the last bit to: ’remove 2 or discard this minion.’ Probably fine, but there’s certainly something to be said for mm’s suggestion.

1 Bring Them To Me Isengard
Event • Shadow

Need to add onto the end ’until the regroup phase’ otherwise it does nothing. Make it 0 for hand-clog and you have to pay for the wizard.

Artifact • Support Area
Regroup: Exert an Isengard Wizard to reveal the Free Peoples player’s hand. Choose a card revealed. The Free Peoples player chooses to discard that card or add 1.

A much better card than the previous version, but it has to add at least 2 or 3 or it’s not worth it in the regroup phase.

Nice stuff.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
Foresight
Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:48 am
3Isengard Tactition Isengard
Minion • Uruk-hai
Damage +1.
Shadow: Exert this minion and spot an Isengard minion. That minion loses lurker and is aggressive until the regroup phase.
Shadow: Exert this minion and spot an Isengard minion. That minion loses aggressive and is a lurker until the regroup phase. (Skirmishes involving aggressive minions must be resolved before any others.)

1 Unphased by Sun Isengard
Condition
Strength: +1
Bearer must be an Uruk-hai.
Bearer’s strength cannot be lowered by Free Peoples cards.

4 Relentless Marauder Isengard
Minion • Uruk-hai
Strength: 11
Damage +1.
At the start of the maneuver phase, if you can spot an exhausted companion, this minion is aggressive until the regroup phase. (Skirmishes involving aggressive minions must be resolved before any others.)

2Instigated Avalanche Isengard
Condition • Support Area
Each time an Isengard weather condition is played, you may exert a companion.
Each companion is twilight cost +1 at a site that bears an Isengard weather condition.
Upkeep - Spot an Isengard Wizard. (At the start of the regroup phase, you must spot an Isengard Wizard or discard this condition.)

3Harsh Blizzard Isengard
Condition
Weather. To play, spot an Isengard Wizard. Plays on a site.
Each time a companion exerts at this site, exert it again.

---

Done with Isengard! The new keywords do open up some interesting possibilities!
Last edited by Foresight on Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:43 pm; edited 2 times in totalIn his eyes was the look of a hunted beast seeking some gap in the ring of his enemies. Men
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:56 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Foresight wrote:
3Isengard Tactition Isengard
Minion • Uruk-hai
Damage +1. Lurker.
Shadow: Exert this minion and spot an Isengard minion. That minion loses lurker and is aggressive until the regroup phase.
Shadow: Exert this minion and spot an Isengard minion. That minion loses aggressive and is a lurker until the regroup phase. (Skirmishes involving aggressive minions must be resolved before any others.)

I think it should be "to spot" instead of "and spot". But I like it. Thumbs Up

Foresight wrote:
1 Unphased by Sun Isengard
Condition
Strength: +1
Bearer must be an Uruk-hai.
Bearer’s strength cannot be lowered by Free Peoples cards.

Yowch! I guess it’s okay, but boy is that nice.

Foresight wrote:
4 Relentless Marauder Isengard
Minion • Uruk-hai
Strength: 11
Damage +1.
At the start of the maneuver phase, if you can spot an exhausted companion, this minion is aggressive until the regroup phase. (Skirmishes involving aggressive minions must be resolved before any others.)

Good.

Foresight wrote:
1Instigated Avalanche Isengard
Condition • Support Area
Each time an Isengard weather condition is played, you may exert a companion.
Each companion is twilight cost +1 at a site that bears an Isengard weather condition.
Upkeep - Spot an Isengard Wizard. (At the start of the regroup phase, you must spot an Isengard Wizard or discard this condition.)

Looks good to me! Thumbs Up I might raise the cost to 2, though.

Foresight wrote:
3Harsh Blizzard Isengard
Condition
Weather. To play, spot an Isengard Wizard. Plays on a site.
Each time a companion exerts at this site, exert it again.

Ouch! Okay since it’s unique, though.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards