LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
Thranduil
Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:04 pm
Foresight wrote:
3Isengard Tactition Isengard
Minion • Uruk-hai
Strength: 8
Vitality: 3
Site Number: 5
Damage +1. Lurker.
Shadow: Exert this minion and spot an Isengard minion. That minion loses lurker and is aggressive until the regroup phase.
Shadow: Exert this minion and spot an Isengard minion. That minion loses aggressive and is a lurker until the regroup phase. (Skirmishes involving aggressive minions must be resolved before any others.)

That raises an interesting question. What happens if you have a minion that is BOTH a lurker, and aggressive?

1 Unphased by Sun Isengard
Condition
Strength: +1
Bearer must be an Uruk-hai.
Bearer’s strength cannot be lowered by Free Peoples cards.

I’d replace ’lowered’ with ’reduced.’ Fun.

4 Relentless Marauder Isengard
Minion • Uruk-hai
Strength: 11
Vitality: 2
Damage +1.
At the start of the maneuver phase, if you can spot an exhausted companion, this minion is aggressive until the regroup phase. (Skirmishes involving aggressive minions must be resolved before any others.)

Fine.

1Instigated Avalanche Isengard
Condition • Support Area
Each time an Isengard weather condition is played, you may exert a companion.
Each companion is twilight cost +1 at a site that bears an Isengard weather condition.
Upkeep - Spot an Isengard Wizard. (At the start of the regroup phase, you must spot an Isengard Wizard or discard this condition.)

Yep, raise its cost to 2. It’s second ability might not see much use, though.

3Harsh Blizzard Isengard
Condition
Weather. To play, spot an Isengard Wizard. Plays on a site.
Each time a companion exerts at this site, exert it again.

Hilarious!

Done with Isengard! The new keywords do open up some interesting possibilities!

That they certainly do. Good job!

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
Foresight
Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:34 pm
Thranduil wrote:
Foresight wrote:
Minion • Uruk-hai
Damage +1. Lurker.
Shadow: Exert this minion and spot an Isengard minion. That minion loses lurker and is aggressive until the regroup phase.
Shadow: Exert this minion and spot an Isengard minion. That minion loses aggressive and is a lurker until the regroup phase. (Skirmishes involving aggressive minions must be resolved before any others.)

That raises an interesting question. What happens if you have a minion that is BOTH a lurker, and aggressive?

Not possible; a lurker minion is stealthy and collected enough to wait for the perfect moment (or time) to strike. On the other hand, an aggressive minion can’t wait to tear into its enemy, fueled by bloodlust and hate.
In his eyes was the look of a hunted beast seeking some gap in the ring of his enemies. Men
Thranduil
Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:36 pm
Then you should specify in the keyword rules that if a minion gains aggressive it loses lurker and vice versa, and then get rid of half of the text of that card.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:42 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Or they just nullify each other. After all, they’re absolute opposites.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Foresight
Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:43 pm
I see what you mean now, with my Blood-Rusted Shank card it could get confusing. Removed the lurker from Isengard Tactition. Nice catch!
In his eyes was the look of a hunted beast seeking some gap in the ring of his enemies. Men
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:19 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Foresight wrote:
Minion • Uruk-hai
Damage +1.
cool!

1 Unphased by Sun Isengard
Condition
Strength: +1
Bearer must be an Uruk-hai.
Bearer’s strength cannot be lowered by Free Peoples cards.
cool! could change to the current site gains battleground

4 Relentless Marauder Isengard
Minion • Uruk-hai
Strength: 11
Vitality: 2
Damage +1.
At the start of the maneuver phase, if you can spot an exhausted companion, this minion is aggressive until the regroup phase. (Skirmishes involving aggressive minions must be resolved before any others.)
oh I almost forgot GP as soon as possible for including the definition

2Instigated Avalanche Isengard
Condition • Support Area
Each time an Isengard weather condition is played, you may exert a companion.
Each companion is twilight cost +1 at a site that bears an Isengard weather condition.
Upkeep - Spot an Isengard Wizard. (At the start of the regroup phase, you must spot an Isengard Wizard or discard this condition.)
cool

3Harsh Blizzard Isengard
Condition
Weather. To play, spot an Isengard Wizard. Plays on a site.
Each time a companion exerts at this site, exert it again.

exert it? I see what you mean but it is kinda funny.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Foresight
Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:25 pm
Gandalf time!

4Gandalf, Maia of Valinor Gandalf
Companion • Wizard
Strength: 7
Vitality: 4
Resistance: 7
Upkeep - Spot 3 Free Peoples cultures. (At the start of the regroup phase, you must spot 3 Free Peoples cultures or discard Gandalf.)
Skirmish: Exert Gandalf to make another companion strength +2.

1 Mastery of the Sacred Fire Gandalf
Event • Regroup
Spot a Gandalf Wizard and remove 3 Gandalf cards in your discard pile from the game to discard a minion.
You may exert a Gandalf Wizard twice to play this event during the skirmish phase.

2 Unshakable Loyalty Gandalf
Condition • Support Area
Upkeep - Add a burden. (At the start of the regroup phase, you must add a burden or discard this condition.)
Response: If Gandalf is about to exert as part of the cost of a card, discard 2 cards from hand to pay that cost instead.

2Glamdring, Adversary Cleaver Gandalf
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength: +2
Upkeep - Discard a card from hand. (At the start of the regroup phase, you must discard a card from hand or discard Glamdring.)
Bearer must be Gandalf.
He is damage +2.
Each time Gandalf wins a skirmish, you may draw a card.

0Released From Shadow Gandalf
Condition
Resistance: +1
Spell. To play, spot a Gandalf Wizard.
Bearer must be a non-Wizard companion.
Discard all Shadow cards on bearer and Shadow cards may not be borne by bearer.
Response: If any number of twilight tokens are about to be added by a Shadow card during a skirmish involving bearer, exert a Gandalf Wizard to prevent that.
Last edited by Foresight on Wed Jun 06, 2007 12:42 pm; edited 2 times in totalIn his eyes was the look of a hunted beast seeking some gap in the ring of his enemies. Men
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:50 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Foresight wrote:
Gandalf time!

4Gandalf, Maiar of Valinor Gandalf
Companion • Wizard
Upkeep - Spot 3 Free Peoples cultures. (At the start of the regroup phase, you must spot 3 Free Peoples cultures or discard Gandalf.)

I love it! Except...his ability is not really powerful. How about a damage +1 thrown in there? The Upkeep is great.
Quote:
Event • Regroup
Spot a Gandalf Wizard and remove 3 Gandalf cards in your discard pile from the game to discard a minion.
You may exert a Gandalf Wizard twice to play this event during the skirmish phase.

Too powerful. Removing Gandalf cards in your discard from the game? How many Gandalf cards can recurse? And you could just dump useless ones. Now, a threat addition or something would go nicely...I do like the second part.
Quote:
Condition • Support Area
Upkeep - Add a burden. (At the start of the regroup phase, you must add a burden or discard this condition.)
Response: If Gandalf is about to exert as part of the cost of a card, discard 2 cards from hand to pay that cost instead.

Just say "discard 2 cards from hand instead." Good card.
Quote:
3Glamdring, Adversary Cleaver Gandalf
Possession • Hand Weapon
Upkeep - Discard a card from hand. (At the start of the regroup phase, you must discard a card from hand or discard Glamdring.)
Bearer must be Gandalf.
He is damage +2.

Very nice, I like. Powerful, but balanced.
Quote:
Condition
To play, spot a Gandalf Wizard.
Response: If any number of twilight tokens are about to be added by a Shadow card during a skirmish involving bearer, exert a Gandalf Wizard to prevent that.

Very good! Like Hearken to Me, but for everyone.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
elf lvr
Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:56 pm
Foresight wrote:
Gandalf time!

Companion • Wizard

Neat. I could see this being used in a mono-Gandalf deck, too. Just play Gandy, get +6 on other companions, and discard him at the end...

Quote:
Event • Regroup

Sweet.

Quote:
Condition • Support Area

Interesting... wording’s a bit shaky, but I get the gist of it. I’m not much one for wordings, though, so leave it as-is until someone gives you a better suggestion.

Quote:
3Glamdring, Adversary Cleaver Gandalf
Possession • Hand Weapon
Bearer must be Gandalf.
He is damage +2.

I think with that upkeep cost, the cost would be okay at the normal 2. I mean, an extra Damage bonus is all this card gets different from most other Glamdrings, (most are strength +2, d+1, and some ability) and the Upkeep pays for that.

Quote:
Condition
To play, spot a Gandalf Wizard.

Nice one. I like it. Maybe make it a spell, though, for flavor. =D
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
Foresight
Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:11 pm
elf lvr wrote:
Foresight wrote:
Companion • Wizard

Neat. I could see this being used in a mono-Gandalf deck, too. Just play Gandy, get +6 on other companions, and discard him at the end...

Or any deck; they can choose to pay or to not pay the Upkeep cost. But then if you don’t have another Gandalf in the hand, you’re screwed (Equally as screwed in a mono deck if they choose not to play any minions and Gandalf gets discarded without being used).

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards