LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 1:40 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Foresight wrote:
2Gandalf, Friend to Bilbo Gandalf
Follower
Strength: +2
Resistance: +1
Aid - 3
When you transfer Gandalf to a companion, you may exert that companion to choose one: remove a burden; reinforce a Gandalf or Shire token; or heal a Shire companion.
needs something about pipeqweed Wink JK LOL

3 Haste Gandalf
Event • Regroup
Exert Gandalf bearing Shadowfax to choose one: make the move limit +1; or discard 2 minions.
make it bearing a mount. it works

0 Fireworks Aplenty Gandalf
Condition • Support Area
To play, spot Gandalf.
Upkeep - Exert an unbound hobbit. (At the start of the regroup phase, you must exert an unbound hobbit or discard this condition.)
Regroup: Exert an unbound hobbit to draw a card, then discard a card from hand.
Regroup: Exert Merry and Pippin to place a Shire card from your discard pile on top of your draw deck.
hum would on the bottom of your draw deck be better?

2 Morgul Speech Gandalf
Event • Fellowship
Spot a Gandalf Wizard and choose a Shadow player to take a minion from their discard pile into hand, then heal each companion (twice if you can spot 5 burdens).
way overpowered. make it exert a gandalf wizard twice to heal each other companion

0Consorting with Ents Gandalf
Condition • Support Area
To play, spot Gandalf.
When you play this condition, spot a card and note its card title.
Each card with the noted card title gains: Upkeep - Discard a card from hand. (At the start of the regroup phase, you must discard a card from hand or discard this card.)

I guess
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 1:53 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Foresight wrote:
2Gandalf, Friend to Bilbo Gandalf
Follower
Strength: +2
Resistance: +1
Aid - 3
When you transfer Gandalf to a companion, you may exert that companion to choose one: remove a burden; reinforce a Gandalf or Shire token; or heal a Shire companion.

I agree with Thranduil: have those "when you transfer" abilities only work when he’s transferred to a Shire or Gandalf companion. The stats alone are sufficient for any other companion you want to use him with.

Foresight wrote:
3 Haste Gandalf
Event • Regroup
Exert Gandalf bearing Shadowfax to choose one: make the move limit +1; or discard 2 minions.

I guess I’m the only one that thinks it’s fine as is. Smile

Foresight wrote:
0 Fireworks Aplenty Gandalf
Condition • Support Area
To play, spot Gandalf.
Upkeep - Exert an unbound hobbit. (At the start of the regroup phase, you must exert an unbound hobbit or discard this condition.)
Regroup: Exert an unbound hobbit to draw a card, then discard a card from hand.
Regroup: Exert Merry and Pippin to place a Shire card from your discard pile on top of your draw deck.

Make sure to capitalize Hobbit, and it’s good. Thumbs Up Actually, maybe allow that last ability to place it on top of OR underneath the deck.

Foresight wrote:
2 Morgul Speech Gandalf
Event • Fellowship
Spot a Gandalf Wizard and choose a Shadow player to take a minion from their discard pile into hand, then heal each companion (twice if you can spot 5 burdens).

Exert the Wizard at least twice, heal each OTHER companion, up the cost to 3, and I like it. Thumbs Up

Foresight wrote:
0Consorting with Ents Gandalf
Condition • Support Area
To play, spot Gandalf.
When you play this condition, spot a card and note its card title.
Each card with the noted card title gains: Upkeep - Discard a card from hand. (At the start of the regroup phase, you must discard a card from hand or discard this card.)

I agree with Thranduil: make it a non-unique condition that plays on a card.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Foresight
Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 3:29 pm
Made some changes; if they’re still not satisfactory PM me your concerns. I’m moving the topic on!

4Pallando, Maia of Oromë Gandalf
Companion • Wizard
Strength: 7
Vitality: 4
Resistance: 6
Upkeep - Remove a Gandalf token. (At the start of the regroup phase, you must remove a Gandalf token or discard Pallando.)
Each time Pallando wins a skirmish, you may discard a condition.
At the start of each fellowship phase, you may reveal the top card of your draw deck. If that card is a Gandalf card, you may add a burden to take it into hand.

0The Maiar of Middle Earth Gandalf
Condition • Support Area
To play, spot 3 Gandalf Wizards.
At the start of the regroup phase, you may exert a Gandalf Wizard to pay the cost of an upkeep on your Gandalf card.

0 The White Wizard Approaches Gandalf
Event • Maneuver
Remove 2 Gandalf tokens to play a Gandalf Wizard from your discard pile. If that Wizard has an Upkeep cost, you may choose to pay that cost now instead of at the start of the regroup phase.

1Here and There Gandalf
Condition
Plays on a site.
When the fellowship moves to this site, you may play a Gandalf Wizard from your discard pile.

0 Concentrated Effort Gandalf
Event • Skirmish
Exert any number of Gandalf Wizards to add 2 for each one exerted in this way. Then if you can spot 4 twilight tokens, wound a minion or discard an exhausted minion.
Last edited by Foresight on Fri Jun 08, 2007 12:20 pm; edited 5 times in totalIn his eyes was the look of a hunted beast seeking some gap in the ring of his enemies. Men
Thranduil
Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 5:06 pm
Foresight wrote:
Made some changes; if they’re still not satisfactory PM me your concerns. I’m moving the topic on!

Companion • Wizard
Strength: 6
Upkeep - Remove a Gandalf token. (At the start of the regroup phase, you must remove a Gandalf token or discard Pallando.)
Enduring. Only Shadow cards and Gandalf spells can exert Pallando.
At the start of each fellowship phase, you may reveal the top card of your draw deck. If that card is a Gandalf card, you may add a burden to take it into hand.

The fact that this guy’s enduring makes him very dissimilar to your Alatar and Gandalf, and given they all have basically the same subtitle and are clearly themed together, I’d like this card to be more like them. I’d probably get rid of enduring and the extra sentence, raise his strength to 7 and do something to help Alatar’s first ability or Alatar’s upkeep cost. Don’t get me wrong, this guy’s cool (if a little too powerful) but I think a stronger theme would suit them better.

Foresight wrote:
0The Maia of Middle Earth Gandalf
Condition • Support Area
At the start of the regroup phase, if you can spot 3 Wizards, you may exert one of them to pay the cost of an upkeep on your Gandalf card.

’Maiar’ is the plural. Change it to ’To play, spot 3 Wizards’, then ’At the start of the regroup phase, you may exert a Wizard to pay the upkeep cost on your Gandalf card’ - I think it scans better and is clearer.

Foresight wrote:
2 White Wizard Approaches Gandalf
Event • Maneuver
Remove 2 Gandalf tokens to play a Gandalf Wizard from your discard pile. If that Wizard has an Upkeep cost, you may choose to pay that cost now instead of at the start of the regroup phase.

I think it should have a ’The’ in front of its title. Very weird, but it doesn’t have to be 2, in fact I think it should be 0 as you have to play with Gandalf tokens to use it.

Foresight wrote:
1Here and There Gandalf
Condition
Plays on a site.
When the fellowship moves to this site, play a Gandalf Wizard from your discard pile.

I’d make it a choice, rather than a compulsory thing (as in, ’you may play a Gandalf Wizard...’. Interesting.

Foresight wrote:
Event • Skirmish
When you play this event, exert any number of Gandalf Wizards. This event’s twilight cost is +2 for each Gandalf Wizard exerted in this way. If you can spot 4 twilight tokens, wound a minion or discard an exhausted minion.

Really weird, and I object to the title a little, as the Blue Wizards disappear into the East soon after they arrive and are never heard from again, and certainly have never been known to concentrate their efforts with anyone, let alone Gandalf or Radagast. I can just about cope with them as companions, as they could be helping the cause of Middle-Earth wherever they happen to be, and I don’t even mind about the card, just the title. I’d probably call it ’The Order of Wizards’ or ’Power of the Istari’ or something similar. Anyway, that’s my purist rant.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 6:37 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Foresight wrote:

Companion • Wizard
make it if it is a spell you can take it for free

0The Maia of Middle Earth Gandalf
Condition • Support Area
At the start of the regroup phase, if you can spot 3 Wizards, you may exert one of them to pay the cost of an upkeep on your Gandalf card.
cool

2 White Wizard Approaches Gandalf
Event • Maneuver
add The to the title. make it draw deck or discard pile

1Here and There Gandalf
Condition
Plays on a site.
When the fellowship moves to this site, play a Gandalf Wizard from your discard pile.
should be you may...

Event • Skirmish
When you play this event, exert any number of Gandalf Wizards. This event’s twilight cost is +2 for each Gandalf Wizard exerted in this way. If you can spot 4 twilight tokens, wound a minion or discard an exhausted minion.

uh I guess.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Thranduil
Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:02 am
By the way, on Concentrated Effort, if your idea was to exert guys to allow you to spot 4 twilight tokens and use the ability, it doesn’t work. Check out Deep in thought which costs 4 and requires you to spot 4 twilight tokens. If the twilight of the event counted, they wouldn’t bother with ’if you can spot 4 twilight tokens’, so the twilight cost can’t count for the card’s ability.

I suggest changing it to this:
’Exert any number of Gandalf Wizards to add 2 for each one exerted in this way. THEN, if you can spot 4 twilight tokens...’

This makes it clear that the twilight is added BEFORE the effect takes place.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
Foresight
Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:11 am
Thranduil wrote:
By the way, on Concentrated Effort, if your idea was to exert guys to allow you to spot 4 twilight tokens and use the ability, it doesn’t work. Check out Deep in thought which costs 4 and requires you to spot 4 twilight tokens. If the twilight of the event counted, they wouldn’t bother with ’if you can spot 4 twilight tokens’, so the twilight cost can’t count for the card’s ability.

I suggest changing it to this:
’Exert any number of Gandalf Wizards to add 2 for each one exerted in this way. THEN, if you can spot 4 twilight tokens...’

This makes it clear that the twilight is added BEFORE the effect takes place.

Thranduil

Thanks Thranduil! I’m gonna wait for more reviews Pray after this, I’m going to do...Moria!
In his eyes was the look of a hunted beast seeking some gap in the ring of his enemies. Men
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:12 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Foresight wrote:
Companion • Wizard

I think that all that AND the enduring[b] is a bit much. Either drop that entirely (preferred) or at least lower his vitality to 3.

Foresight wrote:
0 •[b]The Maiar of Middle Earth Gandalf
Condition • Support Area
To play, spot 3 Gandalf Wizards.
At the start of the regroup phase, you may exert a Gandalf Wizard to pay the cost of an upkeep on your Gandalf card.

Neat.

Foresight wrote:
0 The White Wizard Approaches Gandalf
Event • Maneuver

Cool.

Foresight wrote:
1Here and There Gandalf
Condition
Plays on a site.
When the fellowship moves to this site, you may play a Gandalf Wizard from your discard pile.

Interesting. It certainly works.

Foresight wrote:
Event • Skirmish
Exert any number of Gandalf Wizards to add 2 for each one exerted in this way. If you can spot 4 twilight tokens, wound a minion or discard an exhausted minion.

Make sure to put the "then" in there that Thranduil suggested.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Foresight
Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 12:31 pm
Thanks for the reviews guys, now that my Maiar of Middle Earth-themed Gandalf side is done, it’s time for those greasy Moria minions!

1 Din of Goblins Moria
Event • Shadow
Play a Moria Orc from your discard pile (Or 2 Moria Orcs if you can spot 3 burdens).

2 Agile Goblin Moria
Minion • Orc
Vitality: 1
Site Number: 4
When you play this minion, you may place a card from the Free Peoples player’s discard pile on top of their draw deck.

4 Goblin Butcher Moria
Minion • Orc
Strength: 10
Vitality: 2
Aggressive. (Skirmishes involving aggressive minions must be resolved before any others.)
When you play this minion, you may spot another Moria Orc to reveal top card of the Free Peoples player’s draw deck. If that card is a Shadow card, discard it to add a burden.

0Creeping Doom Moria
Condition • Support Area
Each time you reveal the top card of the Free Peoples player’s draw deck, you may spot a Moria Orc to add 1.

3 Goblin Chaser Moria
Minion • Orc
Hunter 1. When you play this minion, you may reveal the top card of the Free Peoples player’s draw deck. If that card is a Shadow card, you may discard the top card of your deck to take a Moria card from your discard pile into hand.
Last edited by Foresight on Fri Jun 08, 2007 12:48 pm; edited 1 time in totalIn his eyes was the look of a hunted beast seeking some gap in the ring of his enemies. Men
legoles3333
Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 12:38 pm
Joined: 28 Nov 2006 Posts: 861 Location: In a place that is beyond your imagination
Foresight wrote:
Thanks for the reviews guys, now that my Maiar of Middle Earth-themed Gandalf side is done, it’s time for those greasy Moria minions!

1 Din of Goblins Moria
Event • Shadow
Play a Moria Orc from your discard pile (Or 2 Moria Orcs if you can spot 3 burdens).

4 burdens, make it if you can spot 4 burdens

2 Agile Goblin Moria
Minion • Orc
Vitality: 1
When you play this minion, you may place a card from the Free Peoples player’s discard pile on top of their draw deck.

ok whatever

4 Goblin Butcher Moria
Minion • Orc
Strength: 10
Aggressive. (Skirmishes involving aggressive minions must be resolved before any others.)
When you play this minion, you may spot another Moria Orc reveal top card of the Free Peoples player’s draw deck. If that card is a Shadow card, discard it to add a burden.

oh now i see the previous stacking ability

0Creeping Doom Moria
Condition • Support Area
Each time you reveal the top card of the Free Peoples player’s draw deck, you may spot a Moria Orc to add 1.

nice

3 Goblin Chaser Moria
Minion • Orc
Hunter 1. When you play this minion, you may reveal the top card of the Free Peoples player’s draw deck. If that card is a Shadow card, you may discard the top card of your deck to take a Moria card from your discard pile into hand.

hmm ok new idea, i like it
Here's My Trade List
I have taken an oath of poverty, to annoy me, send money
I am a trained assassin catcher

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards