LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
Thranduil
Posted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 4:04 am
Foresight wrote:
0 It is a Tomb Moria
Condition
Plays on a site.
Limit 1 per site.
This site is an underground.
Each time you reveal the top card of the Free Peoples player’s draw deck at this site, you may exert an unwounded companion.

Why exert? Why not wound? If they’re unwounded, what’s the point of only exerting them - you can’t kill them. And should require Moria orcs to play, but it’s very nice.

Foresight wrote:
2 Arrows Aplenty Moria
Event • Archery
Spot a Moria Orc to add 1 to the minion archery total (Or 2 if you have revealed the top card of the Free Peoples player’s draw deck this turn).

Was it you who made a card ’Fireworks Aplenty’? Nice, and a hell of a lot more balanced than Frenzy of Arrows. Should spot a Moria archer like Dain said.

Foresight wrote:
1 Rid Us of Yourself Moria
Event • Shadow
Spot a Moria Orc to reveal the top card of the Free Peoples player’s draw deck. If that card is a copy of a unique companion you can spot (Except the ring-bearer), you may discard both cards.

Very very weird. I prefer Dain’s title, but this card is really cool!

Foresight wrote:
20The Balrog, Ancient Evil Moria
Minion • Balrog
Strength: 17
Vitality: 5
Site Number: 5
Damage +2. Fierce. Toil 2. When you play this minion, if the fellowship has moved more than once this turn, this minion’s twilight cost is -6.
If at an underground site, each time a card revealed from the top of the Free Peoples player’s draw deck is about to be discarded, you may remove it from the game instead.

You don’t need ’when you play this minion’ - changes to twilight costs only take effect when you play them. Really cool addition to the strategy. Nice one.

Foresight wrote:
2The Balrog’s Sword, Unquenchable Flame Moria
Artifact • Hand Weapon
Strength: +3
Bearer must be The Balrog.
When you play this possession, you may reveal the top 4 cards of the Free Peoples player’s draw deck. Then, replace them back on top of their draw deck in any order.

Should cost 1 or give the Balrog an additional bonus for carrying it and should be borne in addition to 1 other hand weapon, but very very nice.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 1:32 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Foresight wrote:
Since these cards seem to be good, why don’t we churn out another batch, eh?

0 It is a Tomb Moria
Condition
Plays on a site.
Limit 1 per site.
This site is an underground.
Each time you reveal the top card of the Free Peoples player’s draw deck at this site, you may exert an unwounded companion.
cool! but the limit is worthless. underground doesn’t stack, and you can only exert unwounded companions.

2 Arrows Aplenty Moria
Event • Archery
Spot a Moria Orc to add 1 to the minion archery total (Or 2 if you have revealed the top card of the Free Peoples player’s draw deck this turn).
cool!

1 Rid Us of Yourself Moria
Event • Shadow
Spot a Moria Orc to reveal the top card of the Free Peoples player’s draw deck. If that card is a copy of a unique companion you can spot (Except the ring-bearer), you may discard both cards.
make it cost 2

20The Balrog, Ancient Evil Moria
Minion • Balrog
Strength: 17
Vitality: 5
Site Number: 5
Damage +2. Fierce. Toil 2. When you play this minion, if the fellowship has moved more than once this turn, this minion’s twilight cost is -6.
If at an underground site, each time a card revealed from the top of the Free Peoples player’s draw deck is about to be discarded, you may remove it from the game instead.
cut the toil to 1, or cut it entirely and he is good. I think.

2The Balrog’s Sword, Unquenchable Flame Moria
Artifact • Hand Weapon
Strength: +3
Bearer must be The Balrog.
When you play this possession, you may reveal the top 4 cards of the Free Peoples player’s draw deck. Then, replace them back on top of their draw deck in any order.

cool! cut cost to 1
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Foresight
Posted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 8:59 pm
Last set of Moria cards!

2 Goblin Desecrator Moria
Minion • Orc
Strength: 6
Vitality: 2
Site Number: 4
When you play this minion, if you can spot a Free Peoples card that has an upkeep cost, you may add 2 (Or 4 if you have revealed the top card of the Free Peoples player’s draw deck this turn).

0Dwarf Corpse Moria
Condition • Support Area
Upkeep - Spot a Moria Orc. (At the start of the regroup phase, you must spot a Moria Orc or discard this condition.)
Each time you reveal the top card of the Free Peoples player’s draw deck, if that card is a Free Peoples card that matches the culture of a companion in the dead pile, you may exert a companion of that culture.

0 Presence Known Moria
Condition
Plays on a Moria card.
This card cannot gain an upkeep cost.
Bearer loses all upkeep costs and cannot gain upkeep costs.
Each time you reveal the top card of the Free Peoples player’s draw deck and it has a twilight cost greater than the number of cards in your hand, discard this condition.

2 No Escape Moria
Event • Regroup
Spot more Moria Orcs than companions to make the move limit -1 for this turn (And exert a companion if you have revealed the top card of the Free Peoples player’s draw deck this turn).

4 Goblin Rager Moria
Minion • Orc
Strength: 7
Each time you reveal the top card of the Free Peoples player’s draw deck, you may make this minion strength +2 until the regroup phase. (Limit +6)
Last edited by Foresight on Mon Jun 11, 2007 5:15 pm; edited 1 time in totalIn his eyes was the look of a hunted beast seeking some gap in the ring of his enemies. Men
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 9:35 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Foresight wrote:
Minion • Orc
When you play this minion, if you can spot a Free Peoples card that has an upkeep cost, you may add 2 (Or 4 if you have revealed the top card of the Free Peoples player’s draw deck this turn).

Good title, good minion. Thumbs Up

Foresight wrote:
0Dwarf Corpse Moria
Condition • Support Area
Upkeep - Spot a Moria Orc. (At the start of the regroup phase, you must spot a Moria Orc or discard this condition.)
Each time you reveal the top card of the Free Peoples player’s draw deck, if that card is a Free Peoples card that matches the culture of a companion in the dead pile, you may exert a companion of that culture.

Not so fond of the title here, but the rest looks okay. This is shaping up to be a mighty powerful strategy!

Foresight wrote:
0 Presence Known Moria
Condition
Plays on a Moria card.
Each time you reveal the top card of the Free Peoples player’s draw deck and it has a twilight cost greater than the number of cards in your hand, discard this condition.

A little complicated, but I think it’s good.

Foresight wrote:
1 No Escape Moria
Event • Regroup
Spot more Moria Orcs than companions to make the move limit -1 for this turn (And exert a companion if you have revealed the top card of the Free Peoples player’s draw deck this turn).

Yowch! Okay, though this REALLY hurts small (or solo) fellowships.

Foresight wrote:
3 Goblin Rager Moria
Minion • Orc
Each time you reveal the top card of the Free Peoples player’s draw deck, you may make this minion strength +2 until the regroup phase.

I’d do +1, but it MIGHT be okay as is since it costs 3. Perhaps put a cap on it.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Thranduil
Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 6:06 am
Foresight wrote:
Minion • Orc

Nasty. Seems a lot better than Moria scout, maybe you should tone it down (like take out the 4 bit).

Foresight wrote:
0Dwarf Corpse Moria
Condition • Support Area

I think there are far too many cards that say: ’Each time you reveal the top card of the Free Peoples player’s draw deck’. It looks to me that each time you do it, you get to do a dozen different and powerful effects, and it will be very complicated to keep up with all of them. I think there should be more cards that actually reveal the cards. Also, I think this card has too much text so I’d cut out one of the clauses in there.

Foresight wrote:
0 Presence Known Moria
Condition
Plays on a Moria card.

I’d probably get rid of the second line of this card’s text - it doesn’t seem necessary to me. Interesting card though.

Foresight wrote:
1 No Escape Moria
Event • Regroup

Make it cost 2 or 3. Good.

Foresight wrote:
3 Goblin Rager Moria
Minion • Orc
Each time you reveal the top card of the Free Peoples player’s draw deck, you may make this minion strength +2 until the regroup phase.

Put a cap on it, otherwise this guy is too huge.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:40 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Foresight wrote:
Last set of Moria cards!

Minion • Orc
cool misspelled desecrater

0Dwarf Corpse Moria
Condition • Support Area
of EACH regroup phase in upkeep.

0 Presence Known Moria
Condition
Plays on a Moria card.
cool

1 No Escape Moria
Event • Regroup
my question is if you had more orcs then companions why would you want them to stop?

3 Goblin Rager Moria
Minion • Orc

cool
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Thranduil
Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 12:01 pm
No, it’s definitely ’Desecrator’! Or at least, it is in real English. Razz

Cool

Thranduil
- Dream of the Endless

sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 1:46 pm
fine. be that way Laughing
"DáinIronfoot"
Foresight
Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 5:11 pm
Thranduil wrote:
Foresight wrote:
0Dwarf Corpse Moria
Condition • Support Area

I think there are far too many cards that say: ’Each time you reveal the top card of the Free Peoples player’s draw deck’. It looks to me that each time you do it, you get to do a dozen different and powerful effects, and it will be very complicated to keep up with all of them. I think there should be more cards that actually reveal the cards. Also, I think this card has too much text so I’d cut out one of the clauses in there.

Complicated gameplay intrigues and interests me. If you haven’t noticed by now I make some of my cards VERY complicated (do more than simple) but that’s because I have this fetish for complex cards. Cards that have more options, and cards that leave options open instead of doing one thing, wins me over. With all of these cards that trigger off of the top card of the deck being revealed, it makes the new Moria theme really go here, because it gives them options. Moria in the past has had really only 4 decktypes: Swarm, Archery, Watcher in the Water/Tentacles, and The Balrog (Or any combination of these). But with my Moria theme, I hoped to open up even MORE deck possibilities with the Moria minions. I’m sorry if my tastes seem out-of-place to your purist way of thinking, but that’s how I do my cards. Razz I still enjoy getting reviews from you, Thran, and I’ll give you a GP for some in-depth reviews. DI, you’ll get one as well, since it’s really been you and Thranduil that’s been faithfully reviewing my topic.

Thranduil wrote:
Foresight wrote:
0 Presence Known Moria
Condition
Plays on a Moria card.

I’d probably get rid of the second line of this card’s text - it doesn’t seem necessary to me. Interesting card though.

Well the whole point of the card is to eliminate the upkeep cost of a Moria card entirely. What would cancel the whole point of it would be if the Free Peoples player gives Presence Known an upkeep cost of ITS OWN. Which is why the second sentence is needed. Up next, will be...Shire!
In his eyes was the look of a hunted beast seeking some gap in the ring of his enemies. Men
Foresight
Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:35 pm
0Frodo, Trustful Shire
Companion • Hobbit
Strength: 3
Vitality: 4
Signet: Smeagol
Ring-bearer (Resistance 10). While you can spot Smeagol with 0 resistance, he gains: "If Frodo dies, make Smeagol the Ring-bearer (Resistance 4)."
Skirmish: Discard a Shire card from hand to make a companion who has the Smeagol signet strength +1.

I understand what you may think with the above sentence: "Smeagol’s got 0 resistance, he’s auto-corrupted after he gets the ring!" That’s not the case, since burdens are removed after Frodo dies. So unless you’re using Smeagol, Simple Stoor or the opponent has resistance-lowering cards on Smeagol, it works.

2Sam, Untrustful Shire
Companion • Hobbit
Strength: 3
Vitality: 4
Signet: Smeagol
Ring-bound. While you can spot Gollum or Smeagol, Sam cannot become the Ring-bearer.
Regroup: Exert a companion who has the Smeagol signet twice to discard an exhausted minion.
If Frodo dies, make Sam the Ring-bearer (Resistance 5).

2 Needed Guide Shire
Event • Skirmish
Spot Smeagol to make a companion who has the Smeagol signet strength +2 (Or +4 if that companion is Frodo or Sam).

2The Long Stairs Shire
Condition • Support Area
Upkeep - Exert a companion who has the Smeagol signet. (At the start of the regroup phase, you must exert a companion who has the Smeagol signet or discard this condition.)
Each Shire companion who has the Smeagol signet is strength +1 (Or +2 if at a mountain),

1 Questioning Aggrivation Shire
Event • Maneuver
Spot a Shire companion who has the Smeagol signet to reveal the top card of your draw deck. If that card is a Gollum card, you may discard it to heal Smeagol. If that card is a Shire card, you may discard it to remove a burden.
Last edited by Foresight on Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:27 pm; edited 1 time in totalIn his eyes was the look of a hunted beast seeking some gap in the ring of his enemies. Men

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards