LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
Thranduil
Posted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 3:45 am
Foresight wrote:
0Frodo, Trustful Shire
Companion • Hobbit
Strength: 3
Vitality: 4
Signet: Smeagol
Ring-bearer (Resistance 10). While you can spot Smeagol with 0 resistance, he gains: "If Frodo dies, make Smeagol the Ring-bearer (Resistance 4)."
Skirmish: Discard a Shire card from hand to make a companion who has the Smeagol signet strength +1.

I don’t like the idea of a smeagol signet, it suggests that smeagol was in control of Frodo and Sam, and I don’t think that was the case at all. It’s not the same as Aragorn or Gandalf or Theoden - people have their signets because they actually like them or they serve them or they’re friends. This isn’t true with smeagol. I would replace all smeagol signets with Frodo signets, as Frodo is definitely the focus of both Sam and Smeagol. Interesting card.

Foresight wrote:
2Sam, Untrustful Shire
Companion • Hobbit
Ring-bound. While you can spot Gollum or Smeagol, Sam cannot become the Ring-bearer.
Regroup: Exert a companion who has the Smeagol signet twice to discard an exhausted minion.
If Frodo dies, make Sam the Ring-bearer (Resistance 5).

Nice subtitles. Personally I’d just take out the bit about becoming the Ring-bearer, then you wouldn’t have to counter it.

Foresight wrote:
2 Needed Guide Shire
Event • Skirmish
Spot Smeagol to make a companion who has the Smeagol signet strength +2 (Or +4 if that companion is Frodo or Sam).

Like I said, I think it should be Frodo signet all the way, but perhaps cards like this should also say ring-bound.

Foresight wrote:
2The Long Stairs Shire
Condition • Support Area
Upkeep - Exert a companion who has the Smeagol signet. (At the start of the regroup phase, you must exert a companion who has the Smeagol signet or discard this condition.)
Each Shire companion who has the Smeagol signet is strength +2 (Or +3 if at a mountain),

Again Frodo and ring-bound. But nice card.

Foresight wrote:
2 Questioning Aggrivation Shire
Event • Maneuver
Spot a Shire companion who has the Smeagol signet to reveal the top card of your draw deck. If that card is a Gollum card, you may discard it to heal Smeagol (Or remove a burden if that card is a Shire card).

Rephrase the last bit ’... to heal Smeagol. If it is a Shire card, you may remove a burden.’ Probably should be 1.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 7:59 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
I agree with Thranduil about everything except Sam, who I think is fine as-is. Never liked the idea of a Smeagol signet, personally. WLC used to be big into it too.
Last edited by DáinIronfoot on Wed Jun 13, 2007 9:29 am; edited 1 time in totalBest regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
WeyounsLastClone
Posted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 9:11 am
Do I hear the words Smeagol signet? Cool. Very Happy

Foresight wrote:

0Frodo, Trustful Shire
Companion • Hobbit
Ring-bearer (Resistance 10). While you can spot Smeagol with 0 resistance, he gains: "If Frodo dies, make Smeagol the Ring-bearer (Resistance 4)."
Skirmish: Discard a Shire card from hand to make a companion who has the Smeagol signet strength +1.

Cool. Maybe have him boost only other companions, otherwise it might get powerful.

Foresight wrote:

2Sam, Untrustful Shire
Companion • Hobbit
Ring-bound. While you can spot Gollum or Smeagol, Sam cannot become the Ring-bearer.
Regroup: Exert a companion who has the Smeagol signet twice to discard an exhausted minion.

Great! Well thought of and balanced gametext.

Foresight wrote:

2 Needed Guide Shire
Event • Skirmish
Spot Smeagol to make a companion who has the Smeagol signet strength +2 (Or +4 if that companion is Frodo or Sam).

Basic but effective.

Foresight wrote:

2The Long Stairs Shire
Condition • Support Area
Upkeep - Exert a companion who has the Smeagol signet. (At the start of the regroup phase, you must exert a companion who has the Smeagol signet or discard this condition.)
Each Shire companion who has the Smeagol signet is strength +2 (Or +3 if at a mountain)

I think this one is too powerful. The idea is nice though.

Foresight wrote:

Event • Maneuver
Spot a Shire companion who has the Smeagol signet to reveal the top card of your draw deck. If that card is a Gollum card, you may discard it to heal Smeagol (Or remove a burden if that card is a Shire card).

Don’t know if the wording in the end works out. And it’s a bit too expensive right now, I think.
legoles3333
Posted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:31 am
Joined: 28 Nov 2006 Posts: 861 Location: In a place that is beyond your imagination
Drop The Long Stairs text to +1 or increase the upkeep
Here's My Trade List
I have taken an oath of poverty, to annoy me, send money
I am a trained assassin catcher
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 3:43 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Foresight wrote:
0Frodo, Trustful Shire
Companion • Hobbit
I wuv it adding a new signet is dumb though IMHO just use frodo.

2Sam, Untrustful Shire
Companion • Hobbit
cool make it minion period.

2 Needed Guide Shire
Event • Skirmish
ditto frodo

2The Long Stairs Shire
Condition • Support Area
Each Shire companion who has the Smeagol signet is strength +2 (Or +3 if at a mountain),
1-2 as Leggo3 seuggested IMHO

Event • Maneuver

maybe or wound smeagol.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Foresight
Posted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:45 pm
Again, thanks for the reviews. I’m glad I have at least ONE fan of the Smeagol signet. (Go WLC!) Here’s some more for ya!

1Sting, Peacekeeper Shire
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength: +2
Upkeep - Exert bearer. (At the start of the regroup phase, you must exert bearer or discard Sting.)
Bearer must be Frodo or Sam.
Skirmish: If bearer has the Smeagol signet, exert him to cancel a skirmish involving another companion who has the Smeagol signet.

3An Unfinished Tale Shire
Condition • Support Area
Tale. Toil 1. At the start of each turn, you may discard this condition to shuffle your hand into your draw deck; then draw 8 cards.
Response: If Bilbo or Frodo just won a skirmish, you may discard this condition to count the number of cards in your hand, shuffle them into your draw deck, then draw that many cards.

0 Smeagol’s Pity Shire
Condition
Resistance: -1
Bearer must be a Ring-bound Hobbit.
While you can spot Smeagol or Gollum, bearer gains the Smeagol signet.

3 Last Ditch Effort Shire
Event • Response
If Sam just became the Ring-bearer, he wears The One Ring and remove all wounds on him to prevent burdens from being added by Shadow cards until the regroup phase (and double the amount of burdens added from The One Ring’s gametext).

0Under Suspicion Shire
Condition
Bearer must be Smeagol.
Each time Gollum is played, add a burden and exert Smeagol.
Regroup: If Smeagol has at least 1 resistance, exert him and spot a Ring-bound Hobbit that has the Smeagol signet to remove a burden.
In his eyes was the look of a hunted beast seeking some gap in the ring of his enemies. Men
WeyounsLastClone
Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 2:36 am
Foresight wrote:

Possession • Hand Weapon
Upkeep - Exert bearer. (At the start of the regroup phase, you must exert bearer or discard Sting.)
Skirmish: If bearer has the Smeagol signet, exert him to cancel a skirmish involving another companion who has the Smeagol signet.

Cool. I love what you do with the signet. Shows there were a lot more things to do with signets even though D kicked them

Foresight wrote:

Condition • Support Area
Tale. Toil 1. At the start of each turn, you may discard this condition to shuffle your hand into your draw deck; then draw 8 cards.
Response: If Bilbo or Frodo just won a skirmish, you may discard this condition to count the number of cards in your hand, shuffle them into your draw deck, then draw that many cards.

Love the idea behind this card. I don’t know how powerful it is, but seems balanced to me.

Foresight wrote:

0 Smeagol’s Pity Shire
Condition

Great! I think this show perfectly why a Smeagol-signet can exist in addition to a Frodo-signet. Without Smeagol, Frodo and Sam would never have made it to Mount Doom. But there’s a bit of duality in it, in that going with Smeagol is also dangerous. The Frodo-signet, I feel, is mostly for everyone trying to get Frodo to succeed (be it ringbound or unbound), the Smeagol-signet is for ringbound that shows the duality of needing Smeagol for the quest.

Foresight wrote:

Event • Response
If Sam just became the Ring-bearer, he wears The One Ring and remove all wounds on him to prevent burdens from being added by Shadow cards until the regroup phase (and double the amount of burdens added from The One Ring’s gametext).

Title seems a bit cheesy, although it fits the text. Very Happy Nice idea.

Foresight wrote:

0Under Suspicion Shire
Condition
Bearer must be Smeagol.
Regroup: If Smeagol has at least 1 resistance, exert him and spot a Ring-bound Hobbit that has the Smeagol signet to remove a burden.

Awesome!
Thranduil
Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 4:09 am
Foresight wrote:
Possession • Hand Weapon

I can’t think of a point with Smeagol around that Sam used Sting, so I’d probably just say ’Bearer must be Frodo’. Nice.

Foresight wrote:
Condition • Support Area

Very interesting. Good title.

Foresight wrote:
0 Smeagol’s Pity Shire
Condition

A good way to introduce the Smeagol signet, but I still think it should be Frodo all the way.

Foresight wrote:
Event • Response

Far too complicated and mixed up. I’d change it to a condition with: ’Response:’ If Sam just became the Ring-bearer, transfer this condition to The One Ring’ or play it from hand, whichever you’d prefer. Then, ’While the One Ring bears this condition, Sam must wear the Ring, burdens cannot be added by Shadow cards and each time a burden is added, add an additional burden.’ That’s a lot clearer, and you don’t have to remember it as it’s always in play, and it could be more interesting as it misses out the regroup bit (though you could easily put that back in if you’d prefer).

Foresight wrote:
0Under Suspicion Shire
Condition
Bearer must be Smeagol.

Change the first bit to ’or’, otherwise I can’t see myself using it.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
legoles3333
Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 4:14 am
Joined: 28 Nov 2006 Posts: 861 Location: In a place that is beyond your imagination
nice batch! GP
Here's My Trade List
I have taken an oath of poverty, to annoy me, send money
I am a trained assassin catcher
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:13 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Foresight wrote:
Again, thanks for the reviews. I’m glad I have at least ONE fan of the Smeagol signet. (Go WLC!) Here’s some more for ya!

Possession • Hand Weapon
cool!

Condition • Support Area
cool cut cost to 2 and cut the toil

0 Smeagol’s Pity Shire
Condition
cool
Event • Response
cut cost to 2

0Under Suspicion Shire
Condition
Bearer must be Smeagol.
Regroup: If Smeagol has at least 1 resistance, exert him and spot a Ring-bound Hobbit that has the Smeago
cooll signet to remove a burden.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards