LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit
Dravius
Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:20 pm
Orkish Smith, Mountain Troll, Frenzy of Arrows and Gtohmog. Then, we’re good
-Darth Dravius, Dark Lord of the Sith
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 3:20 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
What was wrong with Mountain-Troll?
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
Foresight
Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 4:03 pm
CarpeGuitarrem wrote:
What was wrong with Mountain-Troll?

It really wasn’t a problem against me (I overcame it with Ithilien Blade and survived longer than I should have with Argument Ready to Hand), but here’s the possibilities with this guy.

You have 4 of Scurrying Goblin in your hand, Troll’s Keyward, Keeper of the Beast, and a bunch of trolls, including the Mountain Troll, right? Use Troll’s Keyward, Keeper of the Beast to add a bunch of twilight, play the Scurrying Goblins for more twilight added, discard the 4 Scurrying Goblins and the Troll’s Keyward for a Mountain Troll. Use the Mountain Troll’s ability to get back those 5 Orcs, use them again, play ANOTHER Mountain Troll, rinse-lather-repeat as many times as you can, then start playing your other Trolls. THAT’S the only problem with him, but it does take some setting up to achieve.
In his eyes was the look of a hunted beast seeking some gap in the ring of his enemies. Men
Dravius
Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 4:49 pm
Or play orkish worker x4. Grab one each site with goblin hordes. When there’s an interesting card (5 or 6) play the mountain troll to get your 3 other copies. basicaly, you’ll end up with you entire discard pile on the table. I have already faced 18 minions when keening wail was revealed, this is not funny.

Any cards that can take all the minions in your discard pile and put them in play is bad, mountain-troll reminds me of ulaire nertea, messenger of dol guldur in a lot of ways, why not put it on the x-list as well ?
TheHobbit13
Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:47 pm
MT does not need to be on the x list

it just is a very good card , it would be broken if it was fierce
If you like LOTR then maybe you would like redemption ccg PM me for more info
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:51 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
It is fierce. At least, it’s fierce when the ability is used.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
TheShyzle
Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:55 pm
I have a hard time getting MT to work in my troll bomb deck. MT is maybe cracked but not broken. Razz
LOOK HERE:
http://lotrtcgdb.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=5185
Dravius
Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:51 pm
Try it without any trolls, just orcs, especially orkish worker like I said earlier, it’s an even more powerful nerta from FotR.
elf lvr
Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 10:07 pm
Except for the fact that it costs 10.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
TheShyzle
Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 10:31 pm
If I was going to use Nertea I would just play demorilized lurker open "vomits" sickness.
LOOK HERE:
http://lotrtcgdb.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=5185

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit