LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit
TheShyzle
Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 2:56 pm
Just build a deck that has utility cards in either your shadow or freeps side and the other side to kick butt with. Wink its that easy....yeah right
LOOK HERE:
http://lotrtcgdb.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=5185
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:01 pm
Some very very powerful cards from T&D:

1 •Golden Perch Ale Shire
Possession • Support Area
Each time a Shire companion wins a skirmish, you may add a Shire token here.
Fellowship: Remove a Shire token here to remove a burden.
18U108

That’s gotta be one of the best burden removal cards yet, beaten only by Sam, Son of Hamfast (X-listed) and Bilbo, Aged Ring-bearer.

0 Prized Lagan Shire
Condition • Support Area
At the start of each turn, you may add 2 to heal a Shire companion.
Maneuver: Add a threat to spot a minion. That minion loses fierce and cannot gain fierce until the regroup phase.
18U110

Apparently, "lagan" means "anything sunk in the sea, but attached to a buoy or the like so that it may be recovered". The picture on the card is Merry and Pippin at Isengard, with like a basket of apples and a chicken that’s floating in the water.

The first part of the condition is some nice healing, but it’s the maneuver part that’s crazy. No cultural enforcement! And even if it was limited to a Shire deck, that’d be a really good card.

- AC
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:29 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Oh...dear. I’m afraid that Golden Perch Ale will make The One Ring from Age’s End a terribly broken card. Why, D? That’s the first card that I can honestly say is "broken". Well, maybe besides Frenzy.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
FortunesRazor
Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 12:16 am
Aha! So finally you sorta kinda almost admit that something is potentially halfway possibly has a chance of being broken to a degree!

At least it’s not regroup that’d be worse if you could win the skrimish with the ring and add a token then remove it for the double move. But is this card broken without the ring? Probably not.
Foresight
Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:00 am
My mono Shire deck just got a thousand leagues better! Golden Perch Ale is great, it combos nicely with Sam, Great Elf Warrior, since he tends to win some of his skirmishes with a full fellowship of hobbits. Bill the Pony, Dearly-loved can get even more tokens on that card! Prized Lagan will be prized in my Shire deck as well, it works even better than Mithril-Coat, Dwarf-mail at making minions lose fierce!
In his eyes was the look of a hunted beast seeking some gap in the ring of his enemies. Men
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:50 am
FortunesRazor wrote:
Aha! So finally you sorta kinda almost admit that something is potentially halfway possibly has a chance of being broken to a degree!

At least it’s not regroup that’d be worse if you could win the skrimish with the ring and add a token then remove it for the double move. But is this card broken without the ring? Probably not.

Hey, even I admit that anything which removes an extra burden for each skirmish won is approaching broken quite fast. Especially with the tankiness of Shire decks these days.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:51 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
UGHHHH. OK now I finally totally agree the ring is broken.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
NBarden
Posted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 9:51 am
AnxiousChieftain wrote:
That’s gotta be one of the best burden removal cards yet, beaten only by Sam, Son of Hamfast (X-listed) and Bilbo, Aged Ring-bearer.

Please explain how Bilbo, Aged Ring-Bearer is better?

Anyway, Westfarthing businessman just got better.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 11:12 am
sickofpalantirs wrote:
UGHHHH. OK now I finally totally agree the ring is broken.

But only because of another overpowered card.
NBarden
Posted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 11:14 am
The ring is broken period. Use it with the Pippin Engine, and solo-FRODO becomes unkillable! Not to mention Solo anything else!
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit