LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
macheteman
Posted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 4:14 pm
speaking of votes, where’s your feedback guys? i want to get on to the next rounds as soon as possible.

-mm
Check out my best article The Utterly Corrupt Corruption,
If at first you don't succeed...Sky-diving isn't for you.
"Combat is dangerous. It tends to interupt your breathing process."
ROLF!!!
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 4:28 pm
CG

2•Morluin’s Staff, Remade in Darkness Black
Artifact • Hand Weapon
Site: -4
Bearer must be a Black minion. While bearer is the only minion you can spot, bearer is strength +1 for each Black condition you can spot (limit +3, or +4 if bearer is Morluin).
Regroup: Discard this artifact and a card from your hand to play a Black condition from your discard pile.
"I now possess power much greater than I ever dreamed of..."

Seems a bit underpowered. I’d add a +1 strength bonus.

spartiatis

1 • Blade of Gondor, Mighty Broadsword Gondor
Possession - Hand Weapon
strength: +2
Bearer must be Boromir. He is damage +1.
Skirmish:Add a threat to transfer a fortification borne by a minion to another minion.
"It was a blade both feared and hated by the foes of Gondor"

Designer’s note: all of my DCs’ will not try to forge a new strategy. They will be cards that i would like to see "implemented" in the current knight decks.

Neat! This is a great combo with Hearts Raised (or even Gondorian Captain).

Thranduil

2 Thranduil’s Spear Elven
Possession • Hand Weapon
Str: +1
Bearer must be an Elf.
While bearer has resistance 8 or more, he or she is strength +2.
If bearer is Thranduil, each time he wins a skirmish, you may remove a burden.
Their spears and swords shone in the gloom with a gleam of chill flame...

A bit overpowered. The burden removal ability needs to have a drawback; perhaps add 2.

AP

2 • Gimli’s Battle Axe, Orc Cleaver Dwarven
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +2
Bearer must be Gimli. He gains hunter 1.
Skirmish: Discard a Dwarven card from hand and remove a Dwarven token to exert a minion Gimli is skirmishing (or wound that minion if it is an Orc or Uruk-hai).
”’Yet my axe is restless in my hand. Give me a row of orc-necks and room to swing and all weariness will fall from me!’”

I realized afterwards that I used the lore from Restless Axe. Razz

CBB

1 •Mighty Long Whip
Artifact • Hand Weapon
Bearer must be a balrog. This may be borne in addition to 1 other hand weapon. If bearer is Gorgothruin, he is fierce.
When you play this artifact, you may make a companion vitality -1 until the regroup phase.

Overpowered. That vitality subtraction should be strength instead, IMO. Plus, the title seems like it’s using a southern-ish adjective, like "that’s a might long tee shot" or "that’s mighty long hair". Razz

SoP

2 •Tuilin’s Longsword, Beautiful and deadly Elven
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength • +1
Bearer must be an Elf.
If bearer is Tuilin, each non-unique minion skirmishing him is strength -2 and
each unique minion skirmishing him cannot use skirmish special abilities.
the slightly recurved blade of an elf, though beautiful, is also perfectly functional in its main capacity. Killing things effectively.

[b]The strength subtraction for non-unique minions should be -1 IMO, and the skirmish special ability cancellation should have a drawback.

WLC

1 •Nimae’s Bow Elven
Possession • Ranged Weapon
Strength: +1
Resistance: +1
Bearer must be an Elven companion.
Archery: Discard an Elven event from hand to exert a minion with lower strength as bearer’s resistance (or wound that minion if bearer is Nimae).
Although not quite a fighter, Nimae was as skilled with his bow as he was with his harp.

The wording is a little off, but the text seems fine; maybe a bit overpowered, though.

Dain

2Rorin’s Battle Axe, Last Work of Balir Dwarven
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +2
Bearer must be a Dwarf. Bearer is damage +1.
If bearer is Rorin, each time he wins a fierce skirmish, you may heal him.
Skirmish: Exert bearer and play a Dwarven skirmish event with a twilight cost of X to make bearer strength +X. Limit once per skirmish.
Rorin proudly carried a double-bladed steel battle axe, the last crafted by his father Balir.

The healing ability should have a drawback, like add 1.

NB

1 •Crooked Black Knife Raider
Possession • Hand Weapon
Bearer must be a Raider man.
If bearer is Hareth, this weapon may be borne in addition to one other hand weapon.
Skirmish: Discard this possession to wound a companion skirmishing bearer.

A bit underpowered. Maybe add "(if that companion is then exhausted, you may add a burden)."

L3333

2 Sword of the North, Blade of The Dunedan Gondor
Strength +2
Resistance +1
Exert Bearer twice to Remove a Threat (or Two Threats if you can spot 2 rangers)

No bearer, no phase action, and unnecessary capitalization.

EL

2 *Haldir’s Sword, Flashing Elven-Steel Elven
Possession * Hand Weapon
Strength: +2
Bearer must be Haldir.
Each time Haldir wins a skirmish, you may reinforce an Elven token.
Skirmish: Remove 2 Elven tokens to exert a minion skirmishing an Elven hunter (limit once per skirmish).
There was a flash of steel, and the Uruk fell dead...

A bit overpowered. I’d make the strength bonus only +1 and give it a hunter 1 bonus.

macheteman

2 •Gorki’s Axe, Blade of his Forefathers White
Possession • Hand-weapon
Bearer must be a White companion.
When you play this possession you may draw a card.
If bearer is Gorki, he gains muster.

A bit underpowered. I would drop the cost to 1.
Dain
EL
spartiatis
Last edited by Anonymous Prodigy on Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:23 pm; edited 1 time in totalI had to put something here.
Shieldmaiden
Posted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 4:49 pm
Joined: 07 May 2007 Posts: 389 Location: Edinburgh, Scotland
Okay, I’m new at this, so please bear with me.

CG

Artifact • Hand Weapon
Bearer must be a Black minion. While bearer is the only minion you can spot, bearer is strength +1 for each Black condition you can spot (limit +3, or +4 if bearer is Morluin).
Regroup: Discard this artifact and a card from your hand to play a Black condition from your discard pile.

I like this twisted wizard race, apparently one of those that mysteriously turned away from his intended purpose.
It has been pointed out that the site subtraction would have no affect on the twilight cost of the bearer. It could be put to good use against rangers, though.

spartiatis

Possession - Hand Weapon
Skirmish:Add a threat to transfer a fortification borne by a minion to another minion.

Designer’s note: all of my DCs’ will not try to forge a new strategy. They will be cards that i would like to see "implemented" in the current knight decks.

When I read this, I thought I was reading actual game text by Decipher. This would really come in handy. Great card!

Thranduil

Possession • Hand Weapon
Bearer must be an Elf.

It ties in very well with its companion card, and if he is fighting a wounded minion, then Thranduil gets strong. Then burden removal! Your opponent would definitely want this guy to die.

AP

Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +2
Skirmish: Discard a Dwarven card from hand and remove a Dwarven token to exert a minion Gimli is skirmishing (or wound that minion if it is an Orc or Uruk-hai).
”’Yet my axe is restless in my hand. Give me a row of orc-necks and room to swing and all weariness will fall from me!’”

What can I say? Just an all-round good card. I like the way that you could exert a minion without hurting Gimli himself.

CBB

1 •Mighty Long Whip
Artifact • Hand Weapon
Bearer must be a balrog. This may be borne in addition to 1 other hand weapon. If bearer is Gorgothruin, he is fierce.
When you play this artifact, you may make a companion vitality -1 until the regroup phase.

Mighty Long Whip, the title made me smile. Just this card would turn a very strong balrog into a ridiculously strong balrog...and then he can have another hand weapon!

SoP

Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength • +1
Bearer must be an Elf.
the slightly recurved blade of an elf, though beautiful, is also perfectly functional in its main capacity. Killing things effectively.

An elvish Faramir, Son Of Denethor, but only against unique minions - I like it. Against non-uniques, it basically gives Tuilin a 3 point advantage, a bit much, maybe.

WLC

1 •Nimae’s Bow Elven
Archery: Discard an Elven event from hand to exert a minion with lower strength as bearer’s resistance (or wound that minion if bearer is Nimae).
Although not quite a fighter, Nimae was as skilled with his bow as he was with his harp.

Reasonable, methinks.

Dain

Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +2
Skirmish: Exert bearer and play a Dwarven skirmish event with a twilight cost of X to make bearer strength +X. Limit once per skirmish.
Rorin proudly carried a double-bladed steel battle axe, the last crafted by his father Balir.

A little bit complicated (but maybe because it’s past my bedtime, and my brain’s a bit addled Very Happy ), but good.
NB

Possession • Hand Weapon
If bearer is Hareth, this weapon may be borne in addition to one other hand weapon.

This allows the bearer to have 2 hand weapons, but it’s not too powerful with a +1 strength bonus. And again, I like the fact that you can wound your opponent without hurting the bearer.
L3333

Strength +2
Resistance +1
Exert Bearer twice to Remove a Threat (or Two Threats if you can spot 2 rangers)

Ehm, is this fixed yet?

EL

Possession * Hand Weapon
Bearer must be Haldir.
Skirmish: Remove 2 Elven tokens to exert a minion skirmishing an Elven hunter (limit once per skirmish).

Personally, I always like token reinforcements, they always come in handy. Maybe a bit too handy here, if you’ve got a deck full of elven hunters. Perhaps you should make the limit once per turn, rather than skirmish.

macheteman

Possession • Hand-weapon
If bearer is Gorki, he gains muster.[/quote]

[b]What was this guy thinking? Just kidding! Mr. Green Actually, I would be happy to draw this card if I was going to move twice, sometimes that one extra card can make a big difference. The muster is great, too.

This is a very difficult decision, so many good ones, but:

Spartiatis
NB
AP

Close behind these was mm and CG. Can’t I vote for 5? Laughing [/b]
macheteman
Posted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 4:59 pm
my appologies to NBarden. i totaly missed the last line of text for some reason. and now i really like that card. so sorry. and i’ve realized that i should have given my card a strength +2 and left off the resistance bonus. oh well...

oh, and good review SM.

-mm
ROLF!!!
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:34 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Yeah, I know my card doesn’t affect twilight cost. Basically, the Morluin deck is going to be a bit of a solo/duo deck, so I don’t want Morluin to get discarded by those nasty, nasty rangers. Very Happy
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
legoles3333
Posted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:42 am
Joined: 28 Nov 2006 Posts: 861 Location: In a place that is beyond your imagination
holy crud, i swear i put it in as a regroup action, so can you edit it to be a Regroup Action?

Dain
WLC
NB
Here's My Trade List
I have taken an oath of poverty, to annoy me, send money
I am a trained assassin catcher
lem0nhead
Posted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 4:15 am
macheteman wrote:

CG

Artifact • Hand Weapon

It has its pros and cons, not bad.

spartiatis

Possession - Hand Weapon

Oooooo i like that.

Thranduil

Possession • Hand Weapon
Bearer must be an Elf.

Niiiice. Kinda hard to fulfil 8 res or more unless bearer is thranduil skirmishing a wounded minion or wounded himself which is risky. I like it though.

AP

Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +2

Yeah its ok, not better than some of the other axes.

CBB

1 •Mighty Long Whip
Artifact • Hand Weapon

Erm interesting, i like it but not sure about altering someones vitality, bit of a unique idea.

SoP

Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength • +1
Bearer must be an Elf.

Awesome. Another sweet card in the Tulin set.

WLC

1 •Nimae’s Bow Elven

Quite cool actually. presume that "as" is meant to be "than".

Dain

Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +2

Very cool. Very useful.

NB

Possession • Hand Weapon

Yeah uncomplicated but very good.

L3333

Strength +2
Resistance +1

Ive heard mention this is supposed to be regroup? Even so not convinced its very useful. Its ok.

EL

Possession * Hand Weapon
Bearer must be Haldir.

The first part has great synergy with Haldir’s ability but the second part almost replicates that relevant part. Costs too much, would have been better without last bit and costing 1.

macheteman

Possession • Hand-weapon
If bearer is Gorki, he gains muster.

Fair enough, bit costly without damage +1.

My votes:

SoP
Spartiatis
Thranduil

But it was difficult there were at least 2 others that just missed out.
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Thranduil
Posted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 4:18 am
Yes, mm, can you please add a uniqueness dot? Pray

I’ll vote as soon as I have time to trawl through those excellent DCs!

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
macheteman
Posted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:05 am
come on guys, we need some votes. this round won’t last forever.
ROLF!!!
lem0nhead
Posted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:12 am
Call upon the Chosen Ones mm in the office. That should get you a vote out of Dain and NB as well. O Nb is away.

And do what i have sadly had to do in my contest cos votes are sparse, make the requirement for the round if youre in it you have to vote. That would get a vote from Spartiatis, CBB and WLC.
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards