LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
macheteman
Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 1:29 pm
i know. you should kneel or something...

remember tomorrow night is the deadline for joining.

-mm
Check out my best article The Utterly Corrupt Corruption,
If at first you don't succeed...Sky-diving isn't for you.
"Combat is dangerous. It tends to interupt your breathing process."
ROLF!!!
NBarden
Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 1:37 pm
legoles3333 wrote:
macheteman wrote:
Thumbs Up thanks for the gold matey!!

-mm

now watch him ditch us

h13 did that. Started a contest, charged 2 gp each, then ditched it.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
Celebrimbor
Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:19 pm
Shocked Terribly mean.

Ok, i’ll get started on my character. Just to be sure, my character can be either freeps or shadow?

d'oh! ahead of time if you already said so.
My Trading List
Popcorn is not gooey like fat, and also not crunchy like potato chips, but crispy like lettuce which makes it a healthy snack. Popcorn
macheteman
Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:31 pm
it can be. i’ll give some more details when i post the first challenge. and after everyone has their character, i expect this contest to move along at a good pace.

-mm
ROLF!!!
macheteman
Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:41 pm
Ok guys, let’s kick this pig. No one has joined in a while, so we’re going to get started.

I’m going to allow some variation in the cards you make each round. And what I mean is, while it may say make a condition, I may allow you to make another possession, depending. I’m not trying to make it all equal, what we are really judging is your ability to design cards that work well with each other and are balanced. So, the voting for the individual rounds is really to just keep track of everyone’s cards, take care of technical errors, and to get some feedback.

When you make each card, PM it to me, and I’ll save them all. After your card is posted, you will only be able to make technical changes: grammar, wording, and that kind of thing. You will not be able to make changes to the card’s abilities, twilight cost, and stuff like that. That said, it is better to stay on the underpowered side and then, if people are saying it’s not powerful enough, you can make it more powerful by the other cards you make.

Another thing to keep in mind is that it’s better to make several cards link together than to make one card that works entirely of itself. For instance, it’s not as good an idea to make a card that gives a resistance bonus, and than has an ability that keys off having a certain amount of resistance, than it is to have a card that has a resistance bonus and another card that keys of the high resistance.

Anyway, here is your first challenge:

Round 1: Design your character. It can be a companion or a minion, of any culture you want. Be creative with this contest. You can make it a creature from middle earth such as smaug, or turin, or you can create you own character like you do for RPGing. Another thing you could do is make a character from a different culture, like men from the icebay of frotchel. Who aren’t mentioned in the books but is a place on the map.

This first round should be the hardest/longest, so I’ll give you plenty of time to make your character. I don’t want anyone dropping out just because they couldn’t think of a character to make. After you have your character, you should be getting an idea of what you’ll be making for the next rounds. The more you are prepared ahead of time the faster we’ll get through this contest.

Voting: each round you will vote on your three favorite cards, and include a very small section of your thoughts on the card. It can be as short as “good” but it’s good to give the contestants as much feedback as possible. The voting for the individual rounds will be very short, so that we can move through the contest, but the last round of voting will be much longer.

If you have any questions drop me a PM or post it here.

The deadline will be next Wednesday if possible, I can adjust it as we need to. I’m hoping the later rounds will be shorter.

good luck!

-macheteman

Cards Recieved:
Foresight
Thranduil
BattleWarg
NBarden
CG
Last edited by macheteman on Sun Jun 10, 2007 8:46 pm; edited 1 time in totalCheck out my best article The Utterly Corrupt Corruption,
ROLF!!!
BattleWarg
Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:16 pm
macheteman wrote:
For instance, it’s not as good an idea to make a card that gives a resistance bonus, and than has an ability that keys off having a certain amount of resistance, than it is to have a card that has a resistance bonus and another card that keys of the high resistance.

Huh?

Can you give an example of what you mean (real or made up)?
Our time here is ending...

What did you want to see before the end?
It will be made in the Request-a-card Set #1 (name ideas also welcome Smile).
macheteman
Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:31 pm
basicly i’m saying it’s good to make the cards link together rather than being completely independent. sorry for the confusion, just ignore the example.

-mm
ROLF!!!
BattleWarg
Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:39 pm
macheteman wrote:
basicly i’m saying it’s good to make the cards link together rather than being completely independent. sorry for the confusion, just ignore the example.

-mm

Oh, actually, I see what it’s saying now...

Rather than having one card with:

"Each unbound companion is resistance +2. Each companion with resistance 9 or greater is strength +2."

It’ll generally be better to split those abilities onto two cards.

macheteman
Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 5:44 am
by george, you’ve got it! exactly.
ROLF!!!
BattleWarg
Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:43 am
macheteman wrote:
by george, you’ve got it! exactly.

Yeah, I kept wanting to make it "and then another card that has" in the first line, which would have been the same. (And the better way to do it Laughing )

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards