LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Age's End
FortunesRazor
Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:06 pm
That rohan condition is non-unique. It transfers during a skirmish I believe is what the card says, and the article seems to support this. Therefore, depending on what it does, besides the plus one strength, it could be beneficial to run four copies.

Couldn’t D just charge us like an extra 10 dollars and we’d get four copies of every card?

D’s likely response: That’s completely broken!
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 3:24 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Here’s what I’ve got so far...

2 [?] Rohan
Condition
Strength: +1
Bearer must be a Rohan Man.
At the start of each skirmish, you may transfer this condition to a Rohan Man.
At the end of each turn during which bearer did not win a skirmish, return this condition to hand.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
FortunesRazor
Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:57 pm
I think you’ve got it. That’s seems pretty good especially if you have four out.
Foresight
Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:05 am
Good card with Eomer, Horsemaster in case your companions lose skirmishes. Otherwise it becomes hand clog for the Shadow side. I might use a couple in a horsemaster deck, but other than that probably not.
In his eyes was the look of a hunted beast seeking some gap in the ring of his enemies. Men
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 12:23 pm
Now, check me if I’m wrong, but...

See the following scenario. You have 4x of this card on a Rohan companion. That companion loses his/her skirmish. Another skirmish begins, and you transfer 4x of this condition over to him/her. That companion wins. Now, since "bearer" is now the winning companion, the conditions are not returned to hand, right?

With Eomer, Third Marshal of the Riddermark or his Age’s End reprint, this would be an insane card!! I’d pack 4x of it in any fighting Rohan deck I run.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 12:27 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
you can’t transfer it from hand to companion last time I checked
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
mm doughnuts
Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:49 pm
if you lose it doesn’t go to hand, he’s transfering from one bearer to another before the end of the turn. I’m pretty sure it works.
Only those who are awesome are able to comprehend the sheer super-special-awesomeness of this signature.
Trade With Me!
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 3:03 pm
sickofpalantirs wrote:
you can’t transfer it from hand to companion last time I checked

Huh? Since when can you transfer things from hand without playing them?
FortunesRazor
Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:17 am
Wait, this plays on a guy and then he can have 4 copies cause there’s no limit. Then it transfers from companion to companion, so every rohan guy gets to use all four copies every turn.

I guess it’s problematic in that you most likely won’t have all four copies at once and have a chance of losing them while there is only one or two on the table. You can’t just put them on a guy to keep them there because he has to skirmish and win to keep it on the table.

But you can transfer it to a companion you know will win last to keep it.

It seems kind of like when you have 4 copies of A promise out or G for Grand in that it will give companions a +4 but in this case you have to transfer it all around instead of a card that sits in you support area and gives it to everybody.

It also has the drawback attatched to it.

*If we have the game text correct*
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 1:18 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
oh I misread it sry for that Embarassed I don’t think it would be broken, just good.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Age's End