LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
macheteman
Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:15 am
Thranduil wrote:
macheteman wrote:
i will blame Tolkien. he not infallible, and that name is bad. that’s just the truth. it stinks. as for your card itself, that’s great.

It’s obviously one of those things that sounds a lot better in Elvish. Laughing

yeah, "Thong Cleaver" leaves unwanted mental images Laughing. i really suggest changing the sub-title. perhaps "Foe-Cleaver" or "Elrond’s Blade" or something...
Two Cents

-macheteman
Check out my best article The Utterly Corrupt Corruption,
If at first you don't succeed...Sky-diving isn't for you.
"Combat is dangerous. It tends to interupt your breathing process."
ROLF!!!
Thranduil
Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:43 am
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Time for Lothlórien, then! And who better to welcome you THERE than the Lady of the Golden Wood herself? Enjoy!

3Galadriel, Lady of Lórien Elven
Ally • Home 6 • Elf
Strength: 3
Vitality: 3
At the start of each turn, you may heal an Elven ally whose home is any site 6.
Each time a river or forest site is played, you may remove 2.
Each time you play an Elven possession or artifact, you may exert Galadriel to remove 1.
“‘I will not give you counsel, saying do this, or do that. For not in doing or contriving, nor in choosing between this course and another, can I avail; but only in knowing what was and is, and in part also what shall be.’”

Again, if you meant for it to be Elven artifacts you need another culture symbol. Also, no signet? Elrond would fit nicely on Galadriel, so would Gandalf, Aragorn or Frodo. I’d probably make the last ability only artifacts, otherwise it may well be a too powerful choke.

DáinIronfoot wrote:
3Galadriel, Grave and Beautiful Elven
Ally • Home 6 • Elf
To play, spot an Elf.
At the start of each turn, you may heal an Elf ally whose home is any site 6.
Fellowship: Exert Galadriel twice to play an Elven artifact or Elven possession from your draw deck or discard pile (or exert her once if that card is the Phial of Galadriel or The Mirror of Galadriel).
“‘In this phial is caught the light of Eärendil’s star, set amid the waters of my fountain. It will shine still brighter when night is about you. May it be a light to you in dark places, when all other lights go out. Remember Galadriel and her Mirror!’”

You gave a signet to your Elrond ally, so why not Galadriel? Nice set-up card.

DáinIronfoot wrote:
3Idrial, Servant of Galadriel Elven
Companion • Elf
Strength: 6
Vitality: 4
Signet: Elrond
Each time the fellowship moves to a river, dwelling, or sanctuary, you may heal a companion.
“‘You are indeed high in the favour of the Lady!’”

Weird stats. I’d probably put her at 7/3 and be done with it, having 6/4 seems more like a Dwarven thing to me. Also, was she a servant of Galadriel? (I have played the game, but quite a while ago and I’ve forgotten most of what happened, and now my ps2 is completely broken - but I remember she used to shoot water at people, can your card do that? Razz ).

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:54 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Gave both Galadriels a signet. Good call, Thranduil. Thumbs Up

Thranduil wrote:
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Companion • Elf
Each time the fellowship moves to a river, dwelling, or sanctuary, you may heal a companion.

Weird stats. I’d probably put her at 7/3 and be done with it, having 6/4 seems more like a Dwarven thing to me. Also, was she a servant of Galadriel? (I have played the game, but quite a while ago and I’ve forgotten most of what happened, and now my ps2 is completely broken - but I remember she used to shoot water at people, can your card do that? Razz ).

I gave her high vitality because in my set featuring The Third Age, she exerts a lot, and because in the video game, she’s awfully hard to kill. Razz And yes, she will have a couple cards that can "shoot water" and such, but not until she comes into her own in my final DC set.

I just realized that this version, however, is much more splashable than I’d like. So I’m going to give a small spotting requirement for playing her.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:38 pm
Anyone else? Just one review after 4 1/2 hours is a little surprising. Eh?
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 1:30 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Time for Lothlórien, then! And who better to welcome you THERE than the Lady of the Golden Wood herself? Enjoy!

3Galadriel, Lady of Lórien Elven
Ally • Home 6 • Elf
Signet: Aragorn
At the start of each turn, you may heal an Elven ally whose home is any site 6.
Each time a river or forest site is played, you may remove 2.
Each time you play an Elven possession or Elven artifact, you may exert Galadriel to remove 1.
“‘I will not give you counsel, saying do this, or do that. For not in doing or contriving, nor in choosing between this course and another, can I avail; but only in knowing what was and is, and in part also what shall be.’”
are sites played? or placed? that could hurt nelya a bit...should it have to play spot an elf just to prevent splashing for that second ability?

3Galadriel, Grave and Beautiful Elven
Ally • Home 6 • Elf
Signet: Frodo
To play, spot an Elf.
At the start of each turn, you may heal an Elf ally whose home is any site 6.
Fellowship: Exert Galadriel twice to play an Elven artifact or Elven possession from your draw deck or discard pile (or exert her once if that card is the Phial of Galadriel or The Mirror of Galadriel).
“‘In this phial is caught the light of Eärendil’s star, set amid the waters of my fountain. It will shine still brighter when night is about you. May it be a light to you in dark places, when all other lights go out. Remember Galadriel and her Mirror!’”
I guess.

Companion • Elf
To play, spot an Elf. If that Elf is Galadriel, Idrial’s twilight cost is -1.

fine
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 2:01 pm
sickofpalantirs wrote:
are sites played? or placed? that could hurt nelya a bit...should it have to play spot an elf just to prevent splashing for that second ability?

Done. Thanks, buddy! Thumbs Up

I always thought Celeborn got a little gypped in The Fellowship of the Ring, especially in the film. He misses the biggest scenes where his wife steals the show, and so everyone knows her and is like "and who’s that other guy with her?"

Well, now Celeborn gets his due, and along with him, we have a couple possessions his wife, with him in tow, show off to the fellowship. Razz Enjoy!

2Celeborn, Lord of Caras Galadhon Elven
Ally • Home 6 • Elf
Fellowship: Spot Galadriel and exert her or Celeborn to play an Elven possession from your draw deck.
Maneuver: Exert Celeborn to make each Elven ally whose home is any site 6 strength +2 until the regroup phase.
“‘I will do what I can to aid you, each according to his wish and need....’”

2Celeborn, Ageless Elven
Ally • Home 6 • Elf
Signet: Gandalf
To play, spot an Elf.
At the start of each turn, heal an Elf ally whose home is any site 6.
Fellowship: Exert Celeborn twice to play an Elven tale from your draw deck or discard pile.
“‘Eight that are here yet nine there were set out from Rivendell. Tell me where is Gandalf? For I much desire to speak with him.’”

I’m sure, if you compare both versions to the two versions of Galadriel, you’ll notice some close similarities. Very Happy

Now, those other cards I mentioned....

0Phial of Galadriel, Gift of the Lady Elven
Artifact • Phial
To play, spot an Elven Elf. Bearer must be the Ring-bearer.
Each Ring-bound companion is resistance +1.
Regroup: Discard this artifact to remove a burden or 2 threats.
“She held up a small crystal phial: it glittered as she moved it, and rays of white light sprang from her hand. ‘In this phial,’ she said, `is caught the light of Eärendil’s star, set amid the waters of my fountain. It will shine still brighter when night is about you.’”

2The Mirror of Galadriel, Reflector of Elf-magic Elven
Artifact • Support Area
To play, spot 3 Elves (or Galadriel).
Each Elven ally whose home is any site 6 is strength +1.
At the start of each turn, you may reveal the top card of your draw deck. If it is a Free Peoples card, take it into hand and remove a burden. If it is a Shadow card, exert X companions, where X is the twilight cost of that card (minimum 1).
“‘Will you look into the mirror?’”
Last edited by DáinIronfoot on Thu Jun 07, 2007 2:15 pm; edited 3 times in totalBest regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

sickofpalantirs
Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 2:07 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
DáinIronfoot wrote:

Ally • Home 6 • Elf
Fellowship: Spot Galadriel and exert her or Celeborn to play an Elven possession from your draw deck.
Maneuver: Exert Celeborn to make each home 6 Elven ally strength +1 until the regroup phase.
or discard pile...OK I know it takes longer but home 6 elven ally? WTH? type it as each Elven ally with a home of any site 6. and make it +2

2Celeborn, Ageless Elven
Ally • Home 6 • Elf
To play, spot an Elf.
Fellowship: Exert Celeborn twice to play an Elven tale from your draw deck.
“‘Eight that are here yet nine there were set out from Rivendell. Tell me where is Gandalf? For I much desire to speak with him.’”
or discard pile .

Artifact • Phial
“She held up a small crystal phial: it glittered as she moved it, and rays of white light sprang from her hand. ‘In this phial,’ she said, `is caught the light of Eärendil’s star, set amid the waters of my fountain. It will shine still brighter when night is about you.’”
cool!

Artifact • Support Area
At the start of each turn, you may reveal the top card of your draw deck. If it is a Free Peoples card, take it into hand and remove a burden. If it is a Shadow card, exert X companions, where X is the twilight cost of that card (minimum 1).

you could just say exert a companion to make it simpler
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Thranduil
Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 4:29 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Ally • Home 6 • Elf
Maneuver: Exert Celeborn to make each Elven ally whose home is any site 6 strength +2 until the regroup phase.

Great second ability - very Celeborn - but the first one is too similar to one of the Galadriels. I’d prefer something else, though I understand what you’re doing and why you’re doing it. Maybe you should make Galadriel only artifacts, then there’s a stronger difference.

DáinIronfoot wrote:
2Celeborn, Ageless Elven
Ally • Home 6 • Elf
To play, spot an Elf.
Fellowship: Exert Celeborn twice to play an Elven tale from your draw deck or discard pile.

Nice, and more different than Galadriel than the other Celeborn.

DáinIronfoot wrote:
Artifact • Phial

Maybe should exert an Elf? Nice abilities.

DáinIronfoot wrote:
Artifact • Support Area

Fantastic lore! Take out the minimum 1 thing - if it’s got no cost, I say so be it. I don’t like it adding strength though (and yes I do realise that’s what the original version of it did). Maybe it should heal?

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:29 am
Made a couple tweaks. Thanks, guys! Thumbs Up

Here’s another card for Galadriel that I meant to post last time, but forgot about. Embarassed

0Nenya, Ring of Water Elven
Artifact • Ring
Vitality +1
Bearer must be Galadriel.
Each time the fellowship moves to a river, you may exert Galadriel twice and discard a card from hand to heal each companion with resistance 7 or more.
Maneuver: Place an Elven card from hand on top of your draw deck and add (X) to heal X Elf allies whose home is any site 6. Discard this artifact.
“...it glittered like polished gold overlaid with silver light, and a white stone in it twinkled as if the Even-star had come down to rest upon her hand.”

And now, the trio of Elves that actually "welcomed" the fellowship to Lothlórien, starting with one of my favorite LOTR film characters. Very Happy Enjoy!

2Haldir, Guide of Northern Lórien Elven
Companion • Elf
Strength: 5
To play, spot an Elf.
Haldir is strength +1 for each of the following the fellowship is at: forest, river, sanctuary.
Fellowship: Exert Haldir to play an Elf ally whose home is any site 6 from your draw deck.
“‘You do not look evil! And since you come with an Elf of our kindred, we are willing to befriend you, as Elrond asked; though it is not our custom to lead strangers through our land.’”

2Rúmil, Marchwarden of the Nimrodel Elven
Companion • Elf
Resistance: 6
While the fellowship is at a sanctuary, Rúmil is strength +1.
While the fellowship is at a river site and you can spot an Elf ally or Elven follower, Rúmil is an archer.
“Rúmil, who had remained on the other side, drew back the last one, slung it on his shoulder, and with a wave of his hand went away, back to Nimrodel to keep watch.”

2Orophin, Border-Guard of Lórien Elven
Companion • Elf
While the fellowship is at a sanctuary, Orophin gains hunter 1.
While the fellowship is at a forest site and you can spot an Elf ally or Elven follower, Orophin is an archer.
“‘Orophin has now gone in haste back to our dwellings to warn our people. None of the Orcs will ever return out of Lórien.’”
Last edited by DáinIronfoot on Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:52 am; edited 1 time in totalBest regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Thranduil
Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:46 am
DáinIronfoot wrote:
0Nenya, Ring of Water Elven
Artifact • Ring
Vitality +1
Bearer must be Galadriel.
Each time the fellowship moves to a river, you may exert Galadriel twice and discard a card from hand to heal each companion with resistance 7 or more.
Maneuver: Place an Elven card from hand on top of your draw deck and add (X) to heal X Elf allies whose home is any site 6. Discard this artifact.
“...it glittered like polished gold overlaid with silver light, and a white stone in it twinkled as if the Even-star had come down to rest upon her hand.”

I see a theme coming on... Probably balanced considering they have to have such a high resistance, but I don’t think the healing should include Galadriel.

DáinIronfoot wrote:
2Haldir, Guide of Northern Lórien Elven
Companion • Elf
Strength: 5
Hunter 1. To play, spot an Elf.
Haldir is strength +1 for each of the following the fellowship is at: forest, river, sanctuary.
Fellowship: Exert Haldir to play an Elf ally whose home is any site 6 from your draw deck.
“‘You do not look evil! And since you come with an Elf of our kindred, we are willing to befriend you, as Elrond asked; though it is not our custom to lead strangers through our land.’”

In all honesty, I’d take out the hunter 1. Firstly his fetching is very powerful, secondly he has a reasonably useful signet (I’m guessing you wouldn’t have made it if you didn’t have support cards for it) and top of that a +4 strength boost seems too much to me.

DáinIronfoot wrote:
2Rúmil, Marchwarden of the Nimrodel Elven
Companion • Elf
Hunter 1.
While the fellowship is at a sanctuary, Rúmil gains hunter 1.
While the fellowship is at a river site and you can spot an Elf ally or Elven follower, Rúmil is an archer.
“Rúmil, who had remained on the other side, drew back the last one, slung it on his shoulder, and with a wave of his hand went away, back to Nimrodel to keep watch.”

Very nice, but I’d take out his original hunter bonus - the companions in the Hunters block are not, in my opinion, cards to base your own on as most of their hunters are simply too powerful. Aragorn, Thorongil is basically strength 10 cost 4 with an amazing ability. Rumil and Orophin are unbelievably strong with their hunter bonus (one of them hits 10 easy with no support cards) and the new Farmir is effectively a 2 cost strength 9 companion - none of these cards ever would have got printed before Hunters block.

DáinIronfoot wrote:
2Orophin, Border-Guard of Lórien Elven
Companion • Elf
While the fellowship is at a sanctuary, Rúmil gains hunter 2.
While the fellowship is at a forest site and you can spot an Elf ally or Elven follower, Orophin is an archer.
“‘Orophin has now gone in haste back to our dwellings to warn our people. None of the Orcs will ever return out of Lórien.’”

Interesting comparison there between the three brothers - I like the theme a lot! Still, I think the hunter 2 is too much, and would probably reduce his strength or resistance to compensate or take it down to 1.

You can probably tell I don’t like the hunter keyword.

Thranduil
- Dream of the Endless

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards