LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit
Olorin
Posted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 6:48 am
there are a few cards in T&D which are very strong, but I think, until now, there are two cards, which have definitely to be banned!

1.) Galadriels Silver Ewer
There is no need to give Galadriel RB such a strong card...
it is an artifact - how should I discard it... the elves have already so much Artifacts for the support area...
with this card, Galadriel can’t be corrupted (res. +2)
Galadriel + Silver Ewer + Celebring + The one Ring (9r+??) = with this cards, Galadriel ist Strength 8 (3+2+2+1) until the end of the turn... and if you play attunement, which can easily make her Strength +10 Galadriel overwhelms some Nazgul... and she has at the average (5 comps, Silver Ewer, Asfaloth) Resistance 11
In addition to that, each time you play an Skirmish event, you may reinforc a token!!
I’ve never seen such a broken card like that!
if you place 2 cards with Nenya, Ring of Adamant on the top of your draw deck and there are already 2 elven cards on the top you can also exert Elrond, Witness of History to place 2 elven cards from the discard pile on the top of your draw deck. and if you play still needed (you may place in on the top of your draw deck, when you play it), you have at least 2+2+2+1 = 7 elven cards on the top: this means, you may make Galadriel Strength + 16!
and if you are lucky and you got Sauron on the top of your draw deck and you discard Vilya, you may make a minion strength - 18! ... So Galadriel is Strength 18 + 16 = 34!!
perhaps the whole Elven culture is a broken culture! Think We MUST BAN this card!!!

2.) Frenzy Arrows (at least errata)
this card should be r-listed or needs an errata![/b]
FortunesRazor
Posted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:38 am
I think you make a better arguement for x-ing attunement.
NBarden
Posted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 12:04 pm
And without Galadriel’s Silver Ewer, she’s strength...32?
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
LeoKula
Posted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 12:29 pm
NBarden wrote:
And without Galadriel’s Silver Ewer, she’s strength...32?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH good point!!!
FortunesRazor
Posted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 12:39 pm
Just wanted to add:

Welcome to the site! Keep posting!
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 1:27 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Silver ewer isn’t broken. Good not necessary for the elf culture to kick but but not broken.
Frenzy of arrows on the other hand...
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Dravius
Posted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 2:39 pm
Narsil, Blade of the Faithful + Scroll of Isildur + Sapling of the White Tree x4 on Isildur, Bearer of Heirlooms = Strenght 13, Vitality 4 and Resistance 11 with The One Ring, The Ring of Rings. It’s been out since the 10th age and no one even bothered. Galadriel’s Silver Ewer is less powerfull than those 6 artifacts (hard to discard the same as the Ewer) and should not be X-ed. It will only change one thing, poeple are gonna play Asfaloth, Elven Steed on Arwen instead of Galadriel, and then play the Ewer.
-Darth Dravius, Dark Lord of the Sith
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:07 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Hey, I’m all for banning the Elves! Razz
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:05 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
CarpeGuitarrem wrote:

seconded Wink
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Foresight
Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:11 pm
CarpeGuitarrem wrote:

Not me. The only culture worthy of being banned is Orc. However, if only a few cards got X-listed, then it wouldn’t need banning.
In his eyes was the look of a hunted beast seeking some gap in the ring of his enemies. Men

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit