LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Age's End
How playable is Merry, Resolute Friend?

5 (Best)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

50%
  [ 3 ]  50%

50%
  [ 3 ]  50%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

1 (Worst)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 6
raptor22
Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 2:36 pm

Merry’s a skirmish pump again!
Removing 2 Shire cards from the game could become a steep cost if you use it too much, but he can boost anyone, and he basically has a built in Everything but My Bones. Of course, he does have to survive a skirmish first, but there’re enough ways to cancel skirmishes for hobbits, so that shouldn’t be a problem.
Glamdring
Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 2:40 pm
Not the best Merry, but yet, he still can prevent Frodo being overwhelmed. A cool combo with the new Gandalf. Mr. Green

A 4 from me.
Great minds think alike.~CarpeGuitarrem
Rangers will rule the World!! (CC's Official Ranger Lover)
My Haves/Wants Please look!!

...much debate much hard feelings. ~SOP
TheShyzle
Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 3:58 pm
I like him but the cost does seem a little steep to pump. Early game he would kind of stink. I give him a 3.
LOOK HERE:
http://lotrtcgdb.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=5185
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:25 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
I like him. he can remove whatever hobbit cards you discard for a +1 pump for each card essentially not bad.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
FortunesRazor
Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 11:16 pm
See, as a fellowship companion he should have an ability that could benefit everyone, and while it can help any companion you have to have to hobbit cards. This should be a merry that can work better in a rainbow fellowship.
well that’s my thought anyway. I’m still kind of sore about this fellowship thing not working to a better potential.
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 5:31 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
FortunesRazor wrote:
See, as a fellowship companion he should have an ability that could benefit everyone, and while it can help any companion you have to have to hobbit cards. This should be a merry that can work better in a rainbow fellowship.
well that’s my thought anyway. I’m still kind of sore about this fellowship thing not working to a better potential.

Yeah. Providing a +3 pump instead if that companion is a fellowship companion, or removing only one card from that game if adding the strength +2 to a fellowship companion, or SOMETHING like that would have been an easy addition, and all it takes is something simple like that for each of the nine fellowship companions’ gametext, and it would actually be a USEFUL keyword.

Still, this isn’t a bad companion...but the cost IS a bit steep, so it only gets a 3 from me.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 6:53 am
Wow! Very powerful at site 9... I sometimes have 20 Shire cards in the discard pile, so that’s 20 extra strength for the RB. Daddy Twofoot + No Visitors ensures that Merry can use his ability.

- AC
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Age's End