LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit
Piecesofeight
Posted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 7:35 am
Prized Lagan is the most broken card in both of these sets, a 0 cost condition that has no cultural enforcement and can make any fierce minion not fierce for the cost of 1 threat.
NBarden
Posted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 9:48 am
Most broken? I think not. Broken, yes, but Stern Words takes the cake. Rolling Eyes
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 6:47 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
hum...yeah Wink it isn’t THAT good. I mean fierce isn’t an essential keyword.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 9:24 pm
I don’t know what Decipher was thinking when they made the card... I mean, even if needed to spot 2 Hobbits it would still be incredibly good.

- AC
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
raptor22
Posted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 9:27 pm
Piecesofeight wrote:
Prized Lagan is the most broken card in both of these sets, a 0 cost condition that has no cultural enforcement and can make any fierce minion not fierce for the cost of 1 threat.

Yeah, it’s kinda like Destroyers and Usurpers, no cultural enforcement and completly shuts down certain decks...
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 9:49 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
It’s far worse than D&U. Nullifying fierce and nullifying d+1 are hardly on the same plane.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
redoschi
Posted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:40 pm
this needs a threat, D&U needs nothing
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 11:22 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
In terms of the effect, this is much worse. And I agree, D&U needs a spotting requirement. But nullifying d+1 is much less disastrous than nullifying fierce. I don’t recall the last time I actually used d+1. Ever.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
bobtheorc
Posted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 8:49 am
Joined: 19 Mar 2006 Posts: 1218 Location: Wow, its hot in Iowa
Lets look at it this way...
Pretty much one type of deck, Anorien, relies heavily on D+1.
Whereas multiple minion sides depend on Fierce.....
So while D&U shuts down maybe 2-3 decks. Prized Lagan shuts down a lot more then that.
Exclamation Ban the Overpowered OrcsExclamation
"Don't panic, I have paper!" - Taipan Popcorn
Is that Grima, Grief Counselor? - legolamb
Bobtheorcs Uruk-Hai Dcs
Bob’s wonderful !! updated !! Trade list
Foresight
Posted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 10:27 pm
True, but you can’t tell me that taking away an opponent’s chance of survival against you with one, swift card that doesn’t have a spotting requirement or any other such requirement is fair. (Assuming you’re using D&U in a swarm deck) I guess it IS a condition, and it CAN be discarded, but condition discard is not easy for some cultures.
Last edited by Foresight on Sun Jun 17, 2007 3:14 pm; edited 1 time in totalIn his eyes was the look of a hunted beast seeking some gap in the ring of his enemies. Men

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit