LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
lem0nhead
Posted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 3:28 am
elf lvr wrote:
2 Unshakable Shadow Wraith
Condition * Support Area
Resistance: -3
While bearer is in region 3, bearer is strength -2.
Skirmish: Exert a Nazgul (or spot a mounted Nazgul) to transfer this condition to a companion skirmishing that Nazgul.
Yet their presence could be felt, as a deepening of shadow and a dimming of the sun; and though the Ringwraiths did not yet stoop low upon their foes and were silent, uttering no cry, the dread of them could not be shaken off.

Wow nasty, id say exert a nazgul twice to transfer that.

2 Lurking Creatures Sauron
Condition * Support Area
While you can spot 3 threats, each Sauron minion has muster (and is strength +1 if that minion is a werewolf).
They passed the hours of night in wakefulness and they were aware of many things half-seen that walked and prowled all about them, and they heard the howling of wolves.

Yeah cool, might be phrased gains muster.

2 Gathered and Waiting Wraith
Event * Shadow
Spot X Nazgul to add [X] and play [X] Nazgul from your draw deck. Remove each card in your discard pile from the game.
And as they stood they saw all the Nazgûl gathered together, hovering above the Towers of the Teeth like vultures; and they knew that they were watched.

Wo. Weird. Cant even think that through how it might work with enough pool. No comment sorry.

5 A King’s Challenge Gondor
Event * Assignment
If the fellowship is in Region 1, assign a minion to Aragorn. If Aragorn wins a skirmish involving that minion, remove 3 threats.
If the fellowship is at site 9, assign a minion with 14 strength or more to Aragorn. That minion is strength +3. If Aragorn wins a skirmish against that minion, discard it and another minion.
’Come forth!’ they cried. ’Let the Lord of the Black Land come forth! Justice shall be done upon him.’

Erm? You just like making mental cards dont you? Its ok, but why strength plus 3?

3 *The Mouth of Sauron, Fallen Numenorean Sauron
Minion * Man
Strength: 9
Vitality: 3
Site: 5
Lurker.
Each companion with resistance 0 is strength -2.
Skirmish: Exert the Mouth of Sauron to make a Sauron minion strength +2 (or +3 if that minion is a Man).
Because of his cunning he grew ever higher in the Lord’s favour; and he learned great sorcery, and knew much of the mind of Sauron; and he was more cruel than any orc.

Yeah i like this guy he’s coo.. nice.

Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
elf lvr
Posted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:31 am
Forgive me for the weird; I was slightly drugged. But are the cards okay?
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
lem0nhead
Posted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:35 am
Ermm yeah theyre ok but could do with u responding to my comments.
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Thranduil
Posted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:58 am
elf lvr wrote:
Condition * Support Area
While bearer is in region 3, bearer is strength -2.
Skirmish: Exert a Nazgul (or spot a mounted Nazgul) to transfer this condition to a companion skirmishing that Nazgul.
Yet their presence could be felt, as a deepening of shadow and a dimming of the sun; and though the Ringwraiths did not yet stoop low upon their foes and were silent, uttering no cry, the dread of them could not be shaken off.

This looks to me like a BA9 card. I’d actually make it while not in region 3, otherwise it could be deadly.

elf lvr wrote:
Condition * Support Area
While you can spot 3 threats, each Sauron minion has muster (and is strength +1 if that minion is a werewolf).
They passed the hours of night in wakefulness and they were aware of many things half-seen that walked and prowled all about them, and they heard the howling of wolves.

Werewolf needs to have a capital W, but good card otherwise.

elf lvr wrote:
2 Gathered and Waiting Wraith
Event * Shadow
Spot X Nazgul to add [X] and play [X] Nazgul from your draw deck. Remove each card in your discard pile from the game.
And as they stood they saw all the Nazgûl gathered together, hovering above the Towers of the Teeth like vultures; and they knew that they were watched.

Firstly, there are unnecessary square brackets around the second X. Secondly, it’s all rather extreme. I might tone down the cost and then the effect to make it slightly more manageable.

elf lvr wrote:
Event * Assignment
If the fellowship is in Region 1, assign a minion to Aragorn. If Aragorn wins a skirmish involving that minion, remove 3 threats.
If the fellowship is at site 9, assign a minion with 14 strength or more to Aragorn. That minion is strength +3. If Aragorn wins a skirmish against that minion, discard it and another minion.
’Come forth!’ they cried. ’Let the Lord of the Black Land come forth! Justice shall be done upon him.’

Region doesn’t have to be capitalised, and you have to specify ’any site 9’ if you want the card to work on any path other than fellowship. Again I think this is another BA9 card, and I think the region 3 ability needs to be toned down and it’s cost is absolutely crazy. Tone everything down - it’s only an event!

elf lvr wrote:
Minion * Man
Lurker.
Skirmish: Exert the Mouth of Sauron to make a Sauron minion strength +2 (or +3 if that minion is a Man).
Because of his cunning he grew ever higher in the Lord’s favour; and he learned great sorcery, and knew much of the mind of Sauron; and he was more cruel than any orc.

Very nice. I like him a lot. Great with the throne of the dark lord and mount doom! Twisted Evil

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:06 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
lem0n and Thran already stole all my comments! Crying or Very sad
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:38 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
elf lvr wrote:
Condition * Support Area
While bearer is not in region 3, bearer is strength -2.
Skirmish: Exert a Nazgul twice (or a mounted Nazgul once) to transfer this condition to a companion skirmishing that Nazgul.
except the ringbearer IMHO

Condition * Support Area
While you can spot 3 threats, each Sauron minion has muster (and is strength +1 if that minion is a Werewolf).
cool

1 Gathered and Waiting Wraith
Event * Shadow
Spot up to three Nazgul to add 2 for each Nazgul you spotted in this way, then play the same number of Nazgul from your deck.
cool

Event * Assignment
If the fellowship is in region 1 or 2, assign a minion to Aragorn. If Aragorn wins a skirmish involving that minion, remove 3 threats.
If the fellowship is in region 3, make a minion strength +3 to assign it to Aragorn. If Aragorn wins a skirmish involving that minion, discard it and another minion.
give it toil 2

Minion * Man
Lurker.

sure
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
elf lvr
Posted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 12:11 am
2 *Ingold, Border Guard Gondor
Companion * Man
Strength: 6
Resistance: 6
Knight.
While you can spot a Gandalf Wizard, Ingold gains hunter 1.
While you can spot an unbound Hobbit, Ingold is damage +1.
’Yea truly, we know you, Mithrandir,’ said the leader of the men, ’and you know the pass-words of the Seven Gates and are free to go forward.’

3 Little Left But Courage Gandalf
Event * Maneuver
Exert a Gandalf Wizard twice to make each Gondor man strength +2 until the regroup phase.
Courage will now be your best defense against the storm that is at hand – that and such hope as I bring. For not all the tidings that I bring are evil.

3 *The Tower of Ecthelion Gondor
Condition * Support Area
Fortification.
When you play this condition, you may add a Gondor token here for each unique Gondor companion you can spot.
Skirmish: Remove a Gondor token from a condition to make a Gondor man strength +1.
Regroup: Remove 2 Gondor tokens from here to discard a minion.
The Tower of Ecthelion... glimmering like a spike of pearl and silver... its pinnacle glittered as if it were wrought of crystals... and high and far he heard a clear ringing as of silver trumpets.

0 *Horn of Boromir, The Cloven Horn Gondor
Possession
Resistance: +1
Bearer must be Boromir or Denethor.
If bearer is Boromir, he is strength +1 for each Gondor follower attached to a companion.
Skirmish: If bearer is Denethor, discard a follower to make him strength +3 and damage +1.
’I have received this,’ said Denethor, and laying down his rod he lifted from his lap the thing that he had been gazing at. In each hand he held up one half of a great horn cloven through the middle: a wild-ox horn bound with silver.

2 *Denethor, Lord of the Tower Gondor
Companion * Man
Strength: 8
Resistance: 5
Each follower has an additional aid cost of "add a threat."
Each companion bearing a follower is strength +1.
Skirmish: Exert Denethor to transfer a Gondor follower from your support area to a companion.
’And this do I hear, Denethor son of Ecthelion, Lord of Gondor, Steward of the High King, and I will not forget it, nor fail to reward that which is given: fealty with love, valour with honour, oath-breaking with vengeance.’

1 Tower Doorwarden Gondor
Follower
Strength: +1
Aid - 2
Bearer must be a Gondor man (or Pippin).
Bearer is a knight.
He found himself at the doors of the great hall beneath the gleaming tower; and behind the wizard he passed the tall silent door-wardens and entered the cool echoing shadows of the house of stone.
Last edited by elf lvr on Thu Sep 20, 2007 4:55 pm; edited 3 times in totalHappy Hunting! Elf Lvr
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
lem0nhead
Posted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 3:05 am
elf lvr wrote:
Companion * Man
Knight.
While you can spot an unbound Shire companion, Ingold is damage +1.
’Yea truly, we know you, Mithrandir,’ said the leader of the men, ’and you know the pass-words of the Seven Gates and are free to go forward.’

Sweet!

2 Little Left But Courage Gandalf
Event * Maneuver
Exert a Gandalf Wizard twice to make each Gondor man strength +2 until the regroup phase.
Courage will now be your best defense against the storm that is at hand – that and such hope as I bring. For not all the tidings that I bring are evil.

Should cost more maybe 3.

Condition * Support Area
Fortification.
When you play this condition, you may add a Gondor token here for each unique Gondor companion you can spot.
Skirmish: Remove a Gondor token from a condition to make a Gondor man strength +1.
Regroup: Remove a Gondor token from here to discard a minion.
The Tower of Ecthelion... glimmering like a spike of pearl and silver... its pinnacle glittered as if it were wrought of crystals... and high and far he heard a clear ringing as of silver trumpets.

The regroup is too powerful with the ease of reinforcing gondor tokens. Make it remove 2 or even 3 tokens.

Possession
If bearer is Boromir, he is strength +1 for each Gondor follower attached to a companion.
Skirmish: If bearer is Denether, discard a follower to make him strength +3 and damage +1.
’I have received this,’ said Denethor, and laying down his rod he lifted from his lap the thing that he had been gazing at. In each hand he held up one half of a great horn cloven through the middle: a wild-ox horn bound with silver.

Ive seen this before! Its alright.

Companion * Man
Each companion bearing a follower is strength +1 and damage +1.
Skirmish: Exert Denethor to transfer a Gondor follower from your support area to a companion.
’And this do I hear, Denethor son of Ecthelion, Lord of Gondor, Steward of the High King, and I will not forget it, nor fail to reward that which is given: fealty with love, valour with honour, oath-breaking with vengeance.’

Interesting i would remove the damage +1 part though its too good.

Follower
Aid - 2
Bearer is a knight.
He found himself at the doors of the great hall beneath the gleaming tower; and behind the wizard he passed the tall silent door-wardens and entered the cool echoing shadows of the house of stone.

Fair enough.

sickofpalantirs
Posted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 1:08 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
elf lvr wrote:
Companion * Man
Knight.
While you can spot an unbound Shire companion, Ingold is damage +1.
nice

3 Little Left But Courage Gandalf
Event * Maneuver
stinks compared to light the beacons make it +3

Condition * Support Area
Fortification.
Regroup: Remove 2 Gondor tokens from here to discard a minion.
cut cost to 2

Possession
Skirmish: If bearer is Denether, discard a follower to make him strength +3 and damage +1.
misspelled denethor in the final ability

Companion * Man
Each companion bearing a follower is strength +1.
I guess

Follower
Aid - 2
Bearer is a knight.

cool!
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
elf lvr
Posted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 1:32 pm
2 *Denethor, Powerful and Kingly Gondor
Companion * Man
While you can spot a knight, Denethor is strength +1.
While you can spot Gandalf, Denethor is resistance +2.
While you can spot a captain, Denethor gains Captain.
Denethor looked indeed much more like a great wizard than Gandalf did, more kingly, beautiful, and powerful; and older.

4 *Gandalf, Steward of Arda Gandalf
Companion * Wizard
Strength: 7
Vitality: 4
Resistance: 7
While you can spot a Gondor companion, Gandalf gains Captain.
While you can spot a Shire or Elven companion, Gandalf is resistance +2.
While you can spot a Rohan or Dwarven companion, Gandalf is strength +2.
’But all worthy things that are in peril as the world now stands, those are my care... if anything passes through this night that can still grow fair or bear fruit and flower again in days to come. For I also am a steward. Did you not know?’

2 *The Pieces are Moving Gandalf
Condition * Support Area
While you can spot Gandalf, each Gondor companion is resistance +1.
While you can spot Gandalf, each Hobbit companion is strength +1.
’But the Enemy has the move, and he is about to open his full game. And pawns are likely to see as much of it as any, Peregrin son of Paladin, soldier of Gondor. Sharpen your blade!’

2 *Targon, Keeper of the Stores Gondor
Companion * Man
Knight.
At the start of your fellowship phase, you may exert Targon to heal an unbound Hobbit or another knight.
Skirmish: If you have initiative, discard 2 cards from hand to make Targon strength +1 for each other knight you can spot (limit +3).
’Greetings, Targon!’ he called through the hatch. ’It is early yet, but here is a newcomer that the Lord has taken into his service. He has ridden long and far with a tight belt, and has had sore labour this morning, and he is hungry. Give us what you have!’

2 Tested to Stand Gondor
Event * Maneuver
Exert a Gondor man to exert a minion for each Free Peoples race you can spot.
’And now all realms shall be put to the test, to stand, or fall – under the Shadow.’
Last edited by elf lvr on Thu Sep 20, 2007 4:58 pm; edited 3 times in totalHappy Hunting! Elf Lvr

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards