LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:57 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
elf lvr wrote:
1 Longing for Quiet and Peace Shire
Event * Skirmish
Discard an unbound hobbit to remove 2 threats.
He longed to shut out the immensity in a quiet room by a fire.
cool

1 *Of Kings and Halflings Shire
Condition * Support Area
While you can spot a unique Rohan companion, each Hobbit gains each game text keyword that man has.
While you can spot a unique Gondor companion, each Hobbit is resistance +1 and strength +1.
Many of the Riders smiled to see the two together: the hobbit on his little shaggy grey pony, and the Lord of Rohan on his great white horse.
that THAT man has.wow...i would up cost definitly

3 Speak Not! Rohan
Event * Maneuver
Exert a Rohan man to discard each shadow condition that companion bears or to discard each minion with a twilight cost 2 or less.
’Speak not the soft words of Wormtongue in my old ears!’
works

2 No Grief In Victory Rohan
Event * Response
If a Rohan companion wins a skirmish, you may exert that companion to make another Rohan companion gain captain or heal 2 other Rohan companion.
If the war is lost, what good will be my hiding in the hills? And if it is won, what grief will it be, even if I fall, spending my last strength?

gain captain until the regroup phase methinks?
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 1:33 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
elf lvr wrote:
Event * Skirmish

One threat, or raise the cost a little.

elf lvr wrote:
Condition * Support Area
While you can spot a unique Rohan companion, each Hobbit gains each game text keyword that man has.
While you can spot a unique Gondor companion, each Hobbit is resistance +1 and strength +1.
Many of the Riders smiled to see the two together: the hobbit on his little shaggy grey pony, and the Lord of Rohan on his great white horse.

I think this would work much better as the text of a Merry companion. As is, it’s a little too crazy. Imagine that with Eomer, Northman (who would then potentially get every Hobbit damage +1 AND defender +1) or Eomer, Horsemaster (hunter 2 Hobbits? Yes please!). With one Hobbit, it would be okay. With many? Nuh-uh.

elf lvr wrote:
3 Speak Not! Rohan
Event * Maneuver
Exert a Rohan man to discard each shadow condition that companion bears or to discard each minion with a twilight cost 2 or less.

Second part is too good. Perhaps reword it: "Exert a Rohan Man to discard each Shadow condition that companion bears, or exert 3 Rohan Men to discard each minion with a twilight cost 2 or less." Note the words I capitalized, too. Whistle

elf lvr wrote:
Event * Response
If a Rohan companion wins a skirmish, you may exert that companion to make another Rohan companion gain captain or heal 2 other Rohan companion.
If the war is lost, what good will be my hiding in the hills? And if it is won, what grief will it be, even if I fall, spending my last strength?

I think this is good as is, though don’t miss the important "s" at the end! Razz
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Thranduil
Posted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 3:46 pm
elf lvr wrote:
Event * Skirmish

Too good. Maybe if not assigned to a skirmish instead of increasing the cost or decreasing the effect?

elf lvr wrote:
Condition * Support Area

I agree with sentiments so far said. I’d prefer a much simpler card, so for the Rohan one, make each UNBOUND hobbit resistance +1 and for the Gondor one each UNBOUND hobbit strength +1 - that would be rock, interesting and absolutely not broken or crazy in any way! Razz

elf lvr wrote:
3 Speak Not! Rohan
Event * Maneuver

I totally agree with DI. Interesting card though.

elf lvr wrote:
Event * Response

Useless as a hand-clogging response event - such events are very rarely useful at all. As a condition, this is cool (but with healing only 1 companion and making captain until the regroup phase).

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 3:42 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
thranduils idea for kings and halflings is good. But i personally am leaning towards dains, making each apply only to merry or pippin respectively.
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
elf lvr
Posted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:28 pm
2 *Dunhere, Chieftain of Harrowdale Rohan
Companion * Man
Strength: 5
Vitality: 3
Resistance: 6
Hunter 2.
While you can spot Gandalf (or two Gandalf Men), Dunhere is resistance +2.
Skirmish: Exert Dunhere twice to cancel a fierce skirmish involving a Rohan companion.
’We trust that it is as you would wish. Naught has been seen in Harrowdale of these evil things.’

2 Shadow Upon Meduseld Wraith
Event * Maneuver
Exert a Nazgul to discard a Rohan possession. Then, if you can spot 6 companions, add 2 threats.
For it stooped upon Meduseld, and as it came low, almost to the gable, there came a cry that stopped our hearts.

1 Harrowdale Lance Rohan
Possession * Hand Weapon
Strength: +1
Bearer must be a Rohan man.
While bearer is at a battleground site (or you can spot 3 captains), he gains hunter 1.
...piled spears bristling like thickets of new-planted trees.

And some random DC’s for folks like Lem0n and Thran.

4 *Sam Vimes, Captain of the Watch [Ankh-Morpork]
Companion * Man
Strength: 8
Vitality: 4
Resistance: 8
Watchman.
Each time Sam Vimes wins a skirmish, you may make another Watchman strength +2 until the regroup phase.
Regroup: Discard 3 cards from hand to discard a condition.
"...not der sharpest knife in der drawer but honest like anything and he don’t stop digging."

3 No Use For Politics [Ankh-Morpork]
Event * Maneuver
Watchman.
Exert 2 Watchmen (or spot Vetinari) to return 2 Watchman cards from your discard pile to your hand.
Those were the good old days. It was a bloody great dragon, but at least it didn’t try to get political on you.

1 Some Things Are Important [Ankh-Morpork]
Event * Skirmish
Make a Watchman strength +2, or exert Sam Vimes twice to make him strength +3 and damage +2.
"Then it fell to its knees, chelnched its teeth, turned its face upwards, like a man tortunred beyond his wits, beseeching the gods of fortune and the tempest, and screamed: ’No! That! Is!! Not!!! My!!! Cow!!!!!’"
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
lem0nhead
Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:07 am
elf lvr wrote:
Companion * Man
Hunter 2.
Skirmish: Exert Dunhere twice to cancel a fierce skirmish involving a Rohan companion.
’We trust that it is as you would wish. Naught has been seen in Harrowdale of these evil things.’

Fine but drop to hunter 1.

Event * Maneuver
Exert a Nazgul to discard a Rohan possession. Then, if you can spot 6 companions, add 2 threats.
For it stooped upon Meduseld, and as it came low, almost to the gable, there came a cry that stopped our hearts.

Make it cost 1 as its very specific, maybe TOO specific to be put in a deck.

1 Harrowdale Lance Rohan
Possession * Hand Weapon
While bearer is at a battleground site (or you can spot 3 captains), he gains hunter 1.

Cool.

YAY thanks el.

4 *Sam Vimes, Captain of the Watch [Ankh-Morpork]
Companion * Man
Strength: 8
Vitality: 4
Resistance: 8
Watchman.
Each time Sam Vimes wins a skirmish, you may make another Watchman strength +2 until the regroup phase.
Regroup: Discard 3 cards from hand to discard a condition.
"...not der sharpest knife in der drawer but honest like anything and he don’t stop digging."

Hehehe excellent. He should be strength +1 and resistance -1 if you can spot sybil! Cos he gets strength from her but cant say no and his resistance is weak around her!

3 No Use For Politics [Ankh-Morpork]
Event * Maneuver
Watchman.
Exert 2 Watchmen (or spot Vetinari) to return 2 Watchman cards from your discard pile to your hand.
Those were the good old days. It was a bloody great dragon, but at least it didn’t try to get political on you.

Ha! Ive got a sneaky suspicion those 2 will be nobby and fred.

1 Some Things Are Important [Ankh-Morpork]
Event * Skirmish
Make a Watchman strength +2, or exert Sam Vimes twice to make him strength +3 and damage +2.
"Then it fell to its knees, chelnched its teeth, turned its face upwards, like a man tortunred beyond his wits, beseeching the gods of fortune and the tempest, and screamed: ’No! That! Is!! Not!!! My!!! Cow!!!!!’"

clenched in the lore is misepelled badly as is tortured, but cool card. Exert once would be fine. I love the book is that my cow! You know you can actually buy it as a childs bed time story book?!

Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:22 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
elf lvr wrote:
Companion * Man
Hunter 2.

Nifty. I disagree with lem0n for once...leave the hunter where it is. Thumbs Up

elf lvr wrote:
Event * Maneuver

Yeah, that’s awfully specific. Perhaps make it a Rohan or Gandalf possession? THEN it would be something!

elf lvr wrote:
1 Harrowdale Lance Rohan
Possession * Hand Weapon

Might be okay to up the strength bonus to +2. But yeah, Rohan could reall use a card like this. Shame they have so few hunters....

elf lvr wrote:

Hey, what about me? Crying or Very sad

*reads through*

Oh, I see why. Um, carry on. Rolling Eyes
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:25 pm
elf lvr wrote:
Companion * Man
Hunter 2.
works for me

Event * Maneuver
you may add 2 threats. and you can safely cut cost to 1

1 Harrowdale Lance Rohan
Possession * Hand Weapon

up strength bonus to 2
"DáinIronfoot"
Thranduil
Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 10:55 am
elf lvr wrote:
Companion * Man
Hunter 2.

Take him down to hunter 1 or increase his cost to 3 - a 2/7/3/8 companion with a decent ability is FAR too good.

elf lvr wrote:
Event * Maneuver

So if they have no Rohan possessions, the card just adds 2 threats if you can spot 6 companions? Take out the exertion or lower the cost to 1 - it’s limited enough as it is.

elf lvr wrote:
1 Harrowdale Lance Rohan
Possession * Hand Weapon

Can’t complain!

elf lvr wrote:

I can’t believe noone else reads Terry Pratchet! Great cards! Laughing

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
elf lvr
Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:22 am
2 *The Pukel-Men Gondor
Condition * Support Area
Fellowship: Exert 2 Men to add a Gondor, Gandalf, or Rohan token here.
Skirmish: Remove a token from here to make a Man strength +2 and damage +1.
At each turn of the road there were great standing stones that had been carved in the likeness of men, huge and clumsy-limbed, squatting cross-legged with their stumpy arms folded on fat bellies. Some in the wearing of the years had lost all features save the dark holes of their eyes that still stared sadly at the passers-by.

2 Mournful Memory Rohan
Event * Regroup
Exert a Rohan and a Gandalf Man to discard each wounded minion.
No power or terror was left in them; but Merry gazed at them with wonder and a feeling almost of pity, as they loomed up mournfully in the dusk.

0 The Time Foretold, The Path Appointed Gondor
Event * Fellowship
Spot a Gondor man to choose one: add 1 to play the fellowship’s next site, add 2 to liberate a site, or add 3 to reinforce 3 Gondor tokens.
"On the threshold sat an old man, aged beyond guess of years; tall and kingly he had been, but now he was withered as an old stone... A voice came out of him, as it were out of the ground, and to their amaze it spoke in the western tongue: ’The way is shut.’"
Last edited by elf lvr on Sat Nov 24, 2007 2:21 am; edited 1 time in totalHappy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards