LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:57 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
elf lvr wrote:
1 Armor of the Tower Guard Gondor
Possession * Armor
Bearer must be a Gondor man (or Pippin).
While you can spot a Gondor man, the minion archery total is -1.
While you can spot Pippin, bearer can take no more than 1 wound in each skirmish.
Now he was one small soldier in a city preparing for a great assault, clad in the proud but sombre manner of the Tower of Guard.
nice

0 The Weight of Duty Orc
Event * Maneuver
Exert an Orc minion to discard a possession (except a weapon).
The hauberk was burdensome, and the helm weighed upon his head. His cloak he had cast aside upon the seat.
kinda lame IMHO...why orc?

3 The Shadow of War Orc
Condition * Support Area
Engine. Epic. (This condition cannot be discarded).
To play, exert an Orc minion or a besieger.
This condition comes into play with X Orc tokens on it, where X is the current region number.
Each time the fellowship moves, add an Orc token here.
Response: If a companion is killed, remove all Orc tokens from here. The Free Peoples player must wound a companion for each token removed in this way. Discard this condiiton (ignoring Epic).
This is some device of his malice; some broil of fume from the Mountain of Fire that he sends to darken hearts and counsel.

misspelled condition. works for me
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
AgentDrake
Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 4:48 pm
Joined: 01 Apr 2007 Posts: 667 Location: Halfway between eccentric and insane...
elf lvr wrote:
Possession * Armor
While you can spot Pippin, bearer can take no more than 1 wound in each skirmish.
Now he was one small soldier in a city preparing for a great assault, clad in the proud but sombre manner of the Tower of Guard.
Good

0 The Weight of Duty Orc
Event * Maneuver
The hauberk was burdensome, and the helm weighed upon his head. His cloak he had cast aside upon the seat.
I’d make it "Exert an Orc minion and spot a companion to make the Free Peoples player discard a possession borne by that companion (except a weapon)" that way the FP gets a little more control, and it’s not too OP.

3 The Shadow of War Orc
Condition * Support Area
This condition comes into play with X Orc tokens on it, where X is the current region number.
Response: If a companion is killed, remove all Orc tokens from here. The Free Peoples player must wound a companion for each token removed in this way. Discard this condiiton (ignoring Epic).
This is some device of his malice; some broil of fume from the Mountain of Fire that he sends to darken hearts and counsel.

Like it, but it seems a little powerful with threats. Maybe remove 3 threats, or something when the response is activated (not as a cost, but as an effect, that way it has a tone-down which doesn’t actually make it harder to play.) Of course, that would probably make it unnecessarily complicated....

If you play it in Region 1, you get 1 token from the first part, but more from moving. Played in later regions, you get more tokens but less moves. See?
Never kid about politicians. The more bizarre the joke, the more likely it is to come true.
Thranduil
Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:32 pm
elf lvr wrote:
Possession * Armor

’Man’ has a capital ’M’ - ALWAYS! Change those abilities to:

’The minion archery total is -1.
If bearer is Pippin, he can take no more than 1 wound per skirmish.’

And in fact, put a ’To play, spot a Gondor Man’ if you don’t want to let it be used by Shire decks.

Oh and maybe throw in a strength bonus, even if it means taking the cost to 2.

elf lvr wrote:
0 The Weight of Duty Orc
Event * Maneuver

I think toil is good for this card. Make it 3 with Toil 1 (and without the exertion in its cost) and simply discard a possession. Then it would be really solid.

elf lvr wrote:
3 The Shadow of War Orc
Condition * Support Area

Needs to be unique, lest you give the fellowship 12 wounds just for killing a companion at site 9 and playing all 4. Oh, and change the second ability to (to make it a bit more balanced) ’Each time the fellowship moves, spot an Orc minion or besieger to add an Orc token here.’

Also, rather than break your own mechanic on your card, (as long as it’s unique) you should get rid of the discarding it. Let it trigger when a companion dies, then recharge over a period of time. That would be awesome.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
lem0nhead
Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 6:15 am
elf lvr wrote:
2 Armor of the Tower Guard Gondor
Possession * Armor
Strength: +1
The minion archery total is -1.
If bearer is Pippin, he can take no more than 1 wound per skirmish.

Wouldnt use this unless on pippin. Cost 2 is too much.

3 The Weight of Duty Orc
Event * Maneuver
Toil 1.
Spot an Orc minion to discard a possession.

Cool, but quite powerful as Orc’s dont have that as a particular strength and dont think they really should as they can already discard conditions.

3 *The Shadow of War Orc
Condition * Support Area
Response: If a companion is killed, remove all Orc tokens from here. The Free Peoples player must wound a companion for each token removed in this way.

Phrase "This condition comes into play with X Orc tokens on it, where X is the current region number." When you play this condition place X tokens here where X is the current region number. really good card and really powerful maybe exert not wound would make it less evil as it could be reinforced and abused.

Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
elf lvr
Posted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 2:14 pm
1 Poisonous Despair Wraith
Condition * Support Area
Each time bearer loses a skirmish, the Free Peoples player must add a burden or a threat.
Skirmish: Transfer this condition to a companion skirmishing a Nazgul.
It was grown in power and hatred, piercing the heart with a poisonous despair.
Last edited by elf lvr on Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:12 pm; edited 1 time in totalHappy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:02 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
elf lvr wrote:
Condition * Support Area
Each time bearer loses a skirmish, add a threat.

one DC! this is the happiest day of my life Wink Rolling Eyes

maybe the freeps player has to add a threat or a burden, so you max out threats and bam! quick corruption.
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Thranduil
Posted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 4:12 pm
elf lvr wrote:
Condition * Support Area

Shocked I think either the Apocalypse is nigh, or the messiah is coming, but I’m not sure which it is! Razz

As for the card, I think I agree with SoP.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 5:00 pm
Thranduil wrote:
elf lvr wrote:
Condition * Support Area

Shocked I think either the Apocalypse is nigh, or the messiah is coming, but I’m not sure which it is! Razz
l

for us Christians we would say the messiah has come, the apocalypse will happen and then the Messiah will return Wink

but thats roughly akin to what I thought whoah one DC I’d better check revelation, this could be a sign of the apocalypse!
"DáinIronfoot"
lem0nhead
Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:39 am
elf lvr wrote:
Condition * Support Area

WOW 1 dc huh? Is that our christmas present from you? Razz

Could cost 0 this.
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:58 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
elf lvr wrote:
Condition * Support Area

I agree with lem0n...could cost 0 and be fine. However, I would be all for SoP’s idea and MAYBE increasing the cost to 2 then.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards