LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 7:34 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
elf lvr wrote:
2 *Denethor, Powerful and Kingly Gondor
Companion * Man
Strength: 6
Vitality: 3
Resistance: 5
While you can spot a knight, Denethor is strength +1.
While you can spot Gandalf, Denethor is resistance +2.
While you can spot a captain, Denethor gains Captain.
Denethor looked indeed much more like a great wizard than Gandalf did, more kingly, beautiful, and powerful; and older.
works

4 *Gandalf, Steward of Arda Gandalf
Companion * Wizard
Strength: 7
Vitality: 4
Resistance: 8
While you can spot a Gondor companion, Gandalf gains Captain.
While you can spot a Shire or Elven companion, Gandalf is resistance +2.
While you can spot a Rohan or Dwarven companion, Gandalf is strength +2.
’But all worthy things that are in peril as the world now stands, those are my care... if anything passes through this night that can still grow fair or bear fruit and flower again in days to come. For I also am a steward. Did you not know?’
hum... cool!

2 *Pieces on the Board Gandalf
Condition * Support Area
While you can spot Gandalf, each Gondor companion is resistance +1.
While you can spot Gandalf, each Shire companion is strength +1.
’But the Enemy has the move, and he is about to open his full game. And pawns are likely to see as much of it as any, Peregrin son of Paladin, soldier of Gondor. Sharpen your blade!’
nice!

2 *Targon, Keeper of the Stores Gondor
Companion * Man
Resistance: 6
Knight.
At the start of your fellowship phase, you may exert Targon to heal an unbound hobbit or another knight.
Skirmish: If you have initiative, discard 2 cards from hand to make Targon strength +1 for each other knight you can spot (limit +3).
’Greetings, Targon!’ he called through the hatch. ’It is early yet, but here is a newcomer that the Lord has taken into his service. He has ridden long and far with a tight belt, and has had sore labour this morning, and he is hungry. Give us what you have!’
awesome!

2 Tested to Stand Gondor
Event * Maneuver
Exert a Gondor man to exert a minion for each Free Peoples culture you can spot.
’And now all realms shall be put to the test, to stand, or fall – under the Shadow.’

nice

All were sweet!
I wuv what you are doing with knights!
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
lem0nhead
Posted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 3:17 am
elf lvr wrote:
Companion * Man
Denethor looked indeed much more like a great wizard than Gandalf did, more kingly, beautiful, and powerful; and older.

Ok fair enough.

Companion * Wizard
’But all worthy things that are in peril as the world now stands, those are my care... if anything passes through this night that can still grow fair or bear fruit and flower again in days to come. For I also am a steward. Did you not know?’

Nothing special. Should have resitance 7.

Condition * Support Area
’But the Enemy has the move, and he is about to open his full game. And pawns are likely to see as much of it as any, Peregrin son of Paladin, soldier of Gondor. Sharpen your blade!’

Up cost to 3.

Companion * Man
Knight.
At the start of your fellowship phase, you may exert Targon to heal an unbound hobbit or another knight.
Skirmish: If you have initiative, discard 2 cards from hand to make Targon strength +1 for each other knight you can spot (limit +3).
’Greetings, Targon!’ he called through the hatch. ’It is early yet, but here is a newcomer that the Lord has taken into his service. He has ridden long and far with a tight belt, and has had sore labour this morning, and he is hungry. Give us what you have!’

Wow huge unecessary lore. Cool card.

2 Tested to Stand Gondor
Event * Maneuver
Exert a Gondor man to exert a minion for each Free Peoples culture you can spot.
’And now all realms shall be put to the test, to stand, or fall – under the Shadow.’

Lower cost to 1. Cool.

Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:22 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
elf lvr wrote:
Companion * Man

A fighting Denethor = awesome. I think the last one should require spotting a Gondor (or perhaps Gandalf) captain.

elf lvr wrote:
Companion * Wizard

Wonderful, wonderful card: the perfect rainbow fellowship Gandalf. GP But his resistance should be no more than 7.

elf lvr wrote:
Condition * Support Area

I know the title is from Return of the King, but so is "The Pieces Are Moving", and I think that makes for a better title here. Nifty card, though I might require it to also spot a Man companion for the second bit.

elf lvr wrote:
Companion * Man
Knight.

Capitalize "Hobbit". Otherwise, great.

elf lvr wrote:
2 Tested to Stand Gondor
Event * Maneuver

I would NOT lower the cost, actually. Good as is. Thumbs Up
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
elf lvr
Posted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 7:10 pm
2 *Pippin, the Brave of Heart Gondor
Companion * Hobbit
Strength: 5
While you can spot another knight (or Denethor), Pippin is a knight.
While you can spot Gandalf or Beregond, Pippin is strength +1.
Skirmish: Exert Pippin and spot 2 Gondor fortifications to exert a minion (or wound that minion if it bears a fortification).
Then suddenly Pippin looked up and saw that the sun was still shining and the banners still streaming in the breeze. He shook himself. ’It is passed,’ he said. ’No, my heart will not yet despair.’

2 *Beregond, Proud and Noble Man Gondor
Companion * Man
Knight.
While you can spot Pippin, Beregond is strength +1 and resistance +2.
Skirmish: Exert Beregond and add a threat to make him strength +3.
Tall and proud and noble, as all the men that he had yet seen in that land; and with a glitter in his eye as he thought of the battle.

3 On the Wrong Board Shire
Event * Response
If an unbound Hobbit is about to be overwhelmed in a skirmish, cancel that skirmish.
’Alas! my own hand feels as light as a feather,’ he thought, but he said nothing. ’A pawn did Gandalf say? Perhaps, but on the wrong chessboard.’

2 *Pippin, Ernil i Pheriannath Gondor
Companion * Hobbit
Each time a captain wins a skirmish, you may make Pippin strength +1 until the regroup phase.
Skirmish: If Pippin is not assigned to skirmish, exert him and discard a Shire card from hand to make a Gondor man strength +3.
Rumor declared that a Prince of the Halflings had come out of the North to offer allegiance to Gondor and five thousand swords.
Last edited by elf lvr on Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:02 pm; edited 2 times in totalHappy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
lem0nhead
Posted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 10:01 am
elf lvr wrote:
2 *Pippin, the Brave of Heart Shire
Companion * Hobbit
While you can spot Gandalf or Beregond, Pippin is strength +2.
Skirmish: Exert Pippin and spot 2 Gondor fortifications to exert a minion (or wound that minion if it bears a fortification).
Then suddenly Pippin looked up and saw that the sun was still shining and the banners still streaming in the breeze. He shook himself. ’It is passed,’ he said. ’No, my heart will not yet despair.’

Way too hard. Reduce strength to 4. Cool but ridiculously good pippin.

Companion * Man
Knight.
Tall and proud and noble, as all the men that he had yet seen in that land; and with a glitter in his eye as he thought of the battle.

Sweet!

2 On the Wrong Board Shire
Event * Response
If an unbound hobbit is about to be overwhelmed in a skirmish, cancel that skirmish.
’Alas! my own hand feels as light as a feather,’ he thought, but he said nothing. ’A pawn did Gandalf say? Perhaps, but on the wrong chessboard.’

Awesome but way powerful cost should be 3.

2 *Pippin, Ernil i Pheriannath Shire
Companion * Hobbit
Each time a captain wins a skirmish, you may make Pippin strength +1 until the regroup phase.
Skirmish: If Pippin is not assigned to skirmish, exert him and discard a Shire card from hand to make a Gondor man strength +3.
Rumor declared that a Prince of the Halflings had come out of the North to offer allegiance to Gondor and five thousand swords.

Not bad.
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 12:04 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
elf lvr wrote:
2 *Pippin, the Brave of Heart Shire
Companion * Hobbit
While you can spot Gandalf or Beregond, Pippin is strength +1.
nice

Companion * Man
Knight.
maybe or +4 if skirmishing a minion bearing a fort...

3 On the Wrong Board Shire
Event * Response
If an unbound hobbit is about to be overwhelmed in a skirmish, cancel that skirmish.
nice

2 *Pippin, Ernil i Pheriannath Shire
Companion * Hobbit

nice
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
elf lvr
Posted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 2:20 pm
3 Lampwright’s Street [Site]
Dwelling.
At the start of your fellowship phase, you may exert a Gondor man to play a Gondor follower from your draw deck.

3 Many Answers for Many Questions Shire
Event * Fellowship
Spot an unbound Hobbit to heal that Hobbit for each Gondor follower you can spot. Then, if that Hobbit is unwounded, you may remove 2 threats.
"’I am nearly twenty-nine, so I pass you there; though I am but four feet, and not likely to grow any more, save sideways.’"

1 *Bergil, Son of Beregond Gondor
Follower
Vitality: +1
Resistance: +1
Aid - Add a threat.
Bearer must be a Gondor Man or unbound Hobbit.
Response: If bearer is about to take a wound, transfer Bergil to your support area to prevent that wound.
The boy drew himself up proudly. ’I am Bergil son of Beregond of the Guards,’ he said.

1 A Child’s Bravery Gondor
Event * Maneuver
Discard a Gondor follower to make an unbound companion strength +4 until the regroup phase.
’Do not tell me that he has changed his mind, and will send me away with the maidens! But no, the last wains have gone.’
Last edited by elf lvr on Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:11 am; edited 2 times in totalHappy Hunting! Elf Lvr
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 4:57 pm
elf lvr wrote:
Dwelling.
At the start of your fellowship phase, you may exert a Gondor man to play a Gondor follower from your draw deck.
bland but fine

Event * Fellowship
Spot an unbound Hobbit to heal that Hobbit for each Gondor follwer you can spot. Then, you may remove 2 threats.
"’I am nearly twenty-nine, so I pass you there; though I am but four feet, and not likely to grow any more, save sideways.’"
misspelled follower. works

Follower
Aid - Add a threat.
Response: If bearer is about to take a wound, transfer Bergil to your support area to prevent that wound.
The boy drew himself up proudly. ’I am Bergil son of Beregond of the Guards,’ he said.
vitality +1 on a follower is next to worthless make it resistance and strength +1 instead

Event * Maneuver
Discard a Gondor follower to make an unbound companion strength +3 until the regroup phase.
’Do not tell me that he has changed his mind, and will send me away with the maidens! But no, the last wains have gone.’

make it +4
"DáinIronfoot"
Thranduil
Posted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 2:51 am
elf lvr wrote:
Dwelling.

Where’s lampwright’s street? In Minas Tirith? When is it mentioned? Nice and simple card.

elf lvr wrote:
Event * Fellowship
Spot an unbound Hobbit to heal that Hobbit for each Gondor follower you can spot. Then, you may remove 2 threats.

Interesting. Might add a condition to remove those threats or bring it down to 1 (for example, ’Then, if that Hobbit is unwounded, remove 2 threats’).

elf lvr wrote:
Follower
Resistance: +1
Aid - Add a threat.

Nice.

elf lvr wrote:
Event * Maneuver
Discard a Gondor follower to make an unbound companion strength +4 until the regroup phase.

Nice one - a balanced version of the horns!

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
elf lvr
Posted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:12 am
Thranduil wrote:
Where’s lampwright’s street? In Minas Tirith? When is it mentioned? Nice and simple card.

Yeah, it’s in Minas Tirith. It’s where Pippin goes to find Bergil.

Thanks for the ideas, Thran! GP
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards