LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:00 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
elf lvr wrote:
2 A Fair Day in Wrath! Shire
Event * Regroup
If you can spot 3 threats, remove a threat.
If each companion is wounded, the move limit for this turn is +1.
If you can spot 3 or more minions, discard 2 minions.
But in the West the dying sun had set all the fume on fire, and now Mindolluin stood black against a burning smoulder flecked with embers.

I agree with lem0n: make them choose one. And this probably needs SOME manner of cultural enforcement.

elf lvr wrote:
2 *But Four Remain Gondor
Condition * Support Area
While you can spot a Shire, Elven, Dwarven, and Gondor companion, each of those companions gains hunter 1.
’So four of the Company still remain,’ said Aragorn. ’We will ride on together.’

Awesome. Perhaps go really nuts and make it hunter 2 if they are all mounted.

elf lvr wrote:
4 *Aragorn, Lone Ranger Gondor
Companion * Man
Strength: 8
Vitality: 4
Resistance: 8
Hunter 1.
While you can spot Gimli, Aragorn gains hunter 1.
Each time a minion skirmishing Aragorn exerts or takes a wound, you may exert a minion not assigned to skirmish (or a minion skirmishing a hunter companion).
’But for myself, and any that will go with me . . .’

Agree with lem0n again, on both parts. Perhaps make each minion skirmishing Aragorn strength -1 or lose hunter 1 while you can spot Legolas. Also, while I understand the subtitle, you have to change it. I can’t help but hear the finale of the William Tell Overture when I read that. Razz I also see no reason not to make him a ranger.

elf lvr wrote:
2 *Legolas, the Swift Elven
Companion * Elf
Strength: 6
Vitality: 3
Resistance: 6
Archer. Hunter 1.
While you can spot Aragorn, Legolas gains hunter 1.
At the start of each maneuver phase, you may exert Legolas and spot another hunter to draw 2 cards.
’I for one!’ cried Legolas.

Hmmm. I guess the fact that they each spot one other is okay. The ability is alright here, but perhaps make it 1 card for one hunter or 2 if you can spot 2 hunters. I’d also consider limiting it to hunter companions.

elf lvr wrote:
2 *Gimli, Hasty Hunter Dwarven
Companion * Dwarf
Damage +1. Hunter 1.
While you can spot Legolas, Gimli gains hunter 1.
Skirmish: Discard a Free Peoples card from hand to exert a minion skirmishing a hunter companion (limit twice per skirmish).
’And Gimli with him!’ said the Dwarf.

Instead of twice per skirmish, perhaps make it at the beginning of that skirmish, and allow it to wound instead if you can spot 3 hunters.

Wow, now I feel like I’ve gone and rewritten all your cards. Embarassed They’re good as is, really, but those were just my thoughts as I went through.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Thranduil
Posted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:02 pm
I agree with lem0n and DI on all counts (except for but four remain, for which I think it would be entirely overpowered with Dain’s suggestion and also is already overpowered by making four cultures hunters, especially with regards to Shire), but I add my own thoughts as well.

Wouldn’t it be more interesting for each of the three hunters to make another member of the three hunters gain hunter (for example, Aragorn could say ’Gimli gains hunter 1.? (I used hunter far too much in that sentence, but never mind). Then you could use them in a forth the three hunters deck without a hunter version of one or more of the characters. Plus hunter 2 on companions is almost always woefully overpowered, but Decipher did it, so I understand why you did.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
NBarden
Posted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:20 pm
Change gorn’s subtitle. Up A Fair Day In Wrath to, like, 4 - 6. Other than that, nice batch.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 1:20 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
elf lvr wrote:
2 A Fair Day in Wrath! Shire
Event * Regroup
If you can spot 3 threats, remove a threat.
If each companion is wounded, the move limit for this turn is +1.
If you can spot 3 or more minions, discard 2 minions.
But in the West the dying sun had set all the fume on fire, and now Mindolluin stood black against a burning smoulder flecked with embers.
ditto NB

2 *But Four Remain Gondor
Condition * Support Area
While you can spot a Shire, Elven, Dwarven, and Gondor companion, each of those companions gains hunter 1.
’So four of the Company still remain,’ said Aragorn. ’We will ride on together.’
nice

4 *Aragorn, Lone Ranger Gondor
Companion * Man
Strength: 8
Hunter 1.
While you can spot Gimli, Aragorn gains hunter 1.
Each time a minion skirmishing Aragorn exerts or takes a wound, you may exert a minion not assigned to skirmish (or a minion skirmishing a hunter companion).
’But for myself, and any that will go with me . . .’
ditto NB and make him a ranger

2 *Legolas, the Swift Elven
Companion * Elf
Archer. Hunter 1.
While you can spot Aragorn, Legolas gains hunter 1.
At the start of each maneuver phase, you may exert Legolas and spot another hunter to draw 2 cards.
’I for one!’ cried Legolas.
maybe and spot a dwarf...

2 *Gimli, Hasty Hunter Dwarven
Companion * Dwarf
Damage +1. Hunter 1.
While you can spot Legolas, Gimli gains hunter 1.
Skirmish: Discard a Free Peoples card from hand to exert a minion skirmishing a hunter companion (limit twice per skirmish).
’And Gimli with him!’ said the Dwarf.

nice!
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
elf lvr
Posted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 10:38 am
1 *Merry, In the Thick of Things Shire
Companion * Hobbit
Strength: 3
While you can spot Legolas, Aragorn, and Gimli, and each of them is a hunter, Merry gains hunter 2.
While you can spot Eomer, Eowyn, and Theoden, Merry is strength +2 and damage +1.
’Don’t leave me behind!’ said Merry. ’I have not been of much use yet; but I don’t want to be laid aside, like baggage to be called for when all is over.’

2 *No Need to Die Yet Shire
Condition * Support Area
To play, spot Merry.
Each time a companion is killed, spot a Hobbit add a Shire token here.
Fellowship: Remove 3 Shire tokens from here and discard this condition to remove a character in the dead pile from the game.
It seemed that there would be no need to die in Théoden’s defence, not yet at any rate.

3 *Halbarad, Dunadan Gondor
Companion * Man
Strength: 7
Ranger.
While you can spot Aragorn, Halbarad is twilight cost -1.
Skirmish: Discard a Gondor card from hand to make a minion skirmishing a ranger roaming until the regroup phase.
’Halbarad Dúnadan, Ranger of the North I am,’ cried the man. ’We seek one Aragorn son of Arathorn, and we heard that he was in Rohan.’

2 Grim Tidings Elven
Event * Fellowship or Regroup
Spot an Elf and a Gondor ranger and add 2 threats to play the fellowship’s next 2 sites (replacing opponents’ sites if necessary).
"I bring word to you from my father: ’The days are short. If thou art in haste, remember the Paths of the Dead.’"
Last edited by elf lvr on Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:08 pm; edited 3 times in totalHappy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
Thranduil
Posted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 7:31 pm
elf lvr wrote:
Companion * Hobbit
While you can spot Legolas, Aragorn, and Gimli, and each of them is a hunter, Merry gains hunter 1.
While you can spot Eomer, Eowyn, and Theoden, Merry is strength +2 and damage +1.
’Don’t leave me behind!’ said Merry. ’I have not been of much use yet; but I don’t want to be laid aside, like baggage to be called for when all is over.’

Great idea, but not very effective or particularly good. Firstly, to get the most out of him, you need 8 companions (including ring-bearer) and the benefits are just not good enough. The hunter bonus could easily be raised to 3 and I think you should get rid of the requirement for them being hunters to make it easier to use. Then I’d probably increase the damage bonus to +2.

elf lvr wrote:
Condition * Support Area
To play, spot Merry.
Each time a companion is killed, add a Shire token here.
Fellowship: Remove 3 Shire tokens from here and discard this condition to remove a character in the dead pile from the game.
It seemed that there would be no need to die in Théoden’s defence, not yet at any rate.

Excellent combo with Merry above, but I think 3 tokens might be a bit much. Also, ’to play spot Merry’ is a little weird, so I might make it an unbound Hobbit instead. Also, can we have a Pippin to go with this Merry? Maybe one with bonuses given the same set of characters but in different groupings? Or some Gondor guys, but I’d prefer if they worked together.

elf lvr wrote:
Companion * Man
Ranger.
Skirmish: Discard a Gondor card from hand to make a minion skirmishing a ranger roaming until the regroup phase.
’Halbarad Dúnadan, Ranger of the North I am,’ cried the man. ’We seek one Aragorn son of Arathorn, and we heard that he was in Rohan.’

Boring subtitle. Good card though.

elf lvr wrote:
2 Grim Tidings Elven
Spot an Elf and a Gondor ranger to play the fellowship’s next 2 sites (replacing opponents’ sites if necessary).
"I bring word to you from my father: ’The days are short. If thou art in haste, remember the Paths of the Dead.’"

Nice one!

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
legoles3333
Posted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 11:04 am
Joined: 28 Nov 2006 Posts: 861 Location: In a place that is beyond your imagination
elf lvr wrote:
Companion * Hobbit
While you can spot Legolas, Aragorn, and Gimli, and each of them is a hunter, Merry gains hunter 1.

increase the Legolas, Aragorn, and Gimli thing to hunter 2
also maybe make it While you can spot two of the following, Aragorn Legolas, Gimli

Condition * Support Area
To play, spot Merry.

wow, may be a bit much in tandem with Sftf, but would probably be ok

Companion * Man
Ranger.

ditto Tharanduil, better subtitle

2 Grim Tidings Elven
Spot an Elf and a Gondor ranger to play the fellowship’s next 2 sites (replacing opponents’ sites if necessary).

sweet!
Here's My Trade List
I have taken an oath of poverty, to annoy me, send money
I am a trained assassin catcher
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 4:54 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
elf lvr wrote:
Companion * Hobbit
awesome!

Condition * Support Area
To play, spot Merry.
nice! might consider adding tokens here cannot be reinforced...

Companion * Man
Ranger.
nice!

2 Grim Tidings Elven

cool!
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
lem0nhead
Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 4:32 am
elf lvr wrote:
Companion * Hobbit
While you can spot Legolas, Aragorn, and Gimli, and each of them is a hunter, Merry gains hunter 2.

Wow uber!

Condition * Support Area
To play, spot Merry.

Sweeeeet.

Companion * Man
Ranger.

Sweeeeet.

2 Grim Tidings Elven

Hmmm bit too powerful, id make one of them exert or something.

Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
elf lvr
Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 2:45 pm
I put "and add 2 threats" as a cost for Grim Tidings, it seems to fit with the card anyway.

And besides, if anyone was to make a Gondor/Elven ranger deck, Glorfindel would be in there to remove threats.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards