LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:32 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
All look good. The only thing I’d point out to reinforce this:

lem0nhead wrote:
elf lvr wrote:
1 *None the Less Valiant Rohan
Condition * Support Area
Each Valiant companion is resistance +1.
Skirmish: Discard this condition to make each Valiant companion strength +2.
’Then there will be need of valour without renown, for none shall remember the deeds that are done in the last defence of your homes. Yet the deeds will not be less valiant because they are unpraised.’

Sweet. But the strength only lasts for one phase so only 1 rohan man will get the full effect of this.

That’s a mistake I’ve made several times myself. If you MEANT for it to be just one valiant companion, then word it as such. If, however, you meant for it to work for ALL valiant companions, then it needs to be "until the regroup phase".
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
elf lvr
Posted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 2:55 am
3 The Greatest Fear Gondor
Event * Maneuver
Spot a Gondor Wraith to exert each character that is not enduring.
There stood a sheer wall of rock, and in the wall the Dark Door gaped before them like the mouth of night. Signs and figures were carved above its wide arch too dim to read, and fear flowed from it like a grey vapour.

2 Ceaseless Whispers Gondor
Event * Fellowship
Toil 1.
Spot a Gondor Wraith and add 2 threats to draw 3 cards.
If the company halted, there seemed an endless whisper of voices all about him, a murmur of words in no tongue that he had ever heard before.

9 *The Fallen King Gondor
Condition * Support Area
Epic. This condition cannot be discarded from play.
This condition is twilight cost -1 for each threat you can spot.
At the start of your fellowship phase, you may remove a threat.
Fellowship: Add a threat to take a Gondor tale form your discard pile into hand.
Before him were the bones of a mighty man. He had been clad in mail, and still his harness lay there whole; for the cavern’s air was as dry as dust, and his hauberk was gilded. His belt was of gold and garnets, and rich with gold was the helm upon his bony head face downward on the floor.

1 A Desperate End Gondor
Event * Skirmish
Heal 2 Gondor Wraiths to make a minion lose all game text (except Minion and race).
He had fallen near the far wall of the cave, as now could be seen, and before him stood a stony door closed fast: his finger-bones were still clawing at the cracks.

1 *Sword of Despair Gondor
Possession * Hand Weapon
Strength: +1
Bearer must be the King of the Dead. He is damage +1.
Each time bearer wins a skirmish, you may remove a threat. If you cannot remove a threat, discard a minion not assigned to a skirmish instead.
A notched and broken sword lay by him, as if he had hewn at the rock in his last despair.
Last edited by elf lvr on Sun Nov 04, 2007 3:36 pm; edited 2 times in totalHappy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
Thranduil
Posted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 7:43 am
elf lvr wrote:
Event * Maneuver
Spot a Gondor Wraith to exert every character (except Gondor Wraiths).
There stood a sheer wall of rock, and in the wall the Dark Door gaped before them like the mouth of night. Signs and figures were carved above its wide arch too dim to read, and fear flowed from it like a grey vapour.

I don’t understand the rationale of this card. Firstly, it’s incredibly powerful for not much cost. Secondly, surely you’d want to exert your Wraiths? And why would they exert your non-Wraith companions? I suggest one of three things: make it ’exert each minion’, ’each character that is not enduring’, or ’each character’, and in any one of those cases I would increase the cost to adding some threats as well, and to 4/5 for the last or first option.

elf lvr wrote:
3 Ceaseless Whispers Gondor
Event * Fellowship
Toil 1.
Spot a Gondor Wraith and add 3 threats to draw 3 cards.
If the company halted, there seemed an endless whisper of voices all about him, a murmur of words in no tongue that he had ever heard before.

For that cost, could easily be 4 cards. Take it down to 2 threats and it’s still fine.

elf lvr wrote:
Condition * Support Area
Fellowship: Add a threat to take a Gondor tale form your discard pile into hand.
Before him were the bones of a mighty man. He had been clad in mail, and still his harness lay there whole; for the cavern’s air was as dry as dust, and his hauberk was gilded. His belt was of gold and garnets, and rich with gold was the helm upon his bony head face downward on the floor.

Very very cool! I like it a lot! And thanks for the reminder about epic.

elf lvr wrote:
2 A Desperate End Gondor
Event * Skirmish
Discard a Gondor Wraith to make a minion lose all game text and keywords (except race).
He had fallen near the far wall of the cave, as now could be seen, and before him stood a stony door closed fast: his finger-bones were still clawing at the cracks.

Firstly, this card currently makes minions lose ’Minion’! Secondly, removing all game text also removes all ’game text keywords’, as Decipher eventually worded it. Thirdly, it’s a high cost and stops you having so many threats, so I suggest that this card should heal some Wraiths as its cost.

elf lvr wrote:
Possession * Hand Weapon
Each time bearer wins a skirmish, you may remove a threat. If you cannot remove a threat, discard a minion not assigned to skirmish instead.
A notched and broken sword lay by him, as if he had hewn at the rock in his last despair.

SOLID!

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 3:35 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
elf lvr wrote:
Event * Maneuver
Spot a Gondor Wraith to exert each character that is not enduring.
I wuv it.

3 Ceaseless Whispers Gondor
Event * Fellowship
Toil 1.
Spot a Gondor Wraith and add 2 threats to draw 3 cards.
cut cost 2.

Condition * Support Area
I like it!

2 A Desperate End Gondor
Event * Skirmish
Heal 2 Gondor Wraiths to make a minion lose all game text (except Minion and race).
nice cut cost to 1

Possession * Hand Weapon
Each time bearer wins a skirmish, you may remove a threat. If you cannot remove a threat, discard a minion not assigned to skirmish instead.

to A skirmish. maybe you may heal him to remove a threat. otherwise with a stronger and more terrible or 4, threats are no problem. one skirmish, 5 threats gone.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
elf lvr
Posted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 3:35 pm
2 Erech’s Chill Gondor
Event * Skirmish
Exert a Gondor Wraith to make him damage +1. If he wins this skirmish, you may discard a possession.
There was no answer, unless it were an utter silence more dreadful than the whispers before; and then a chill blast came in which the torches flickered and went out, and could not be rekindled.

2 Wraith’s Mount Gondor
Possession * Mount
Bearer must be a Gondor Wraith.
Each time bearer wins a skirmish, you may spot a Shadow player who must exert one of their minions assigned to skirmish.
’The Dead are following,’ said Legolas. ’I see shapes of Men and of horses, and pale banners like shreds of cloud...

1 Spear of Mist Gondor
Possession * Hand Weapon
Bearer must be a Gondor wraith.
While you can spot 3 threats, bearer has muster.
While you can spot 5 threats, bearer is damage +1.
...spears like winter-thickets on a misty night. The Dead are following.’

3 Sleepless Rider Gondor
Companion * Wraith
Strength: 7
Vitality: 3
Resistance: 5
Enduring.
To play, add a threat.
Each time a minion is assigned to skirmish this companion, the Shadow player must remove 1 or exert that minion.
’Yes, the Dead ride behind. They have been summoned,’ said Elladan.

4 *The King of the Dead, Terror of the Dimholt Gondor
Companion * Wraith
Vitality: 4
Enduring. Muster.
To play, spot Aragorn (or two Gondor Wraiths) and add 2 threats.
Skirmish: Discard 2 cards from hand to make a minion skirmishing The King of the Dead lose a game text keyword.
Ever there rose the same cry in the gathering night: ’The King of the Dead! The King of the Dead is come upon us!’

2 The Gathering of Shadows Gondor
Event * Skirmish
Heal a Gondor Wraith to make him strength +1 for each other Gondor Wraith you can spot.
They said that it was a trysting-place of the Shadow-men, and there they would gather in times of fear, thronging round the Stone and whispering.

2 Oathcall Gondor
Event * Regroup
Tale.
Spot Aragorn and a Gondor Wraith to remove 2 threats or play a Gondor Wraith from your discard pile.
Then Elrohir gave to Aragorn a silver horn, and he blew upon it and it seemed to those that stood near that they heard a sound of answering horns, as if it was an echo in deep caves far away.

2 Spirit of Chill Gondor
Companion * Wraith
Strength: 6
Enduring.
At the start of the maneuver phase, you may make this companion strength -2 until the regroup phase to take a Gondor tale from your discard pile into hand.
No other sound they heard, and yet they were aware of a great host gathered all about the hill on which they stood; and a chill wind like the breath of ghosts came down from the mountains.
Last edited by elf lvr on Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:59 pm; edited 2 times in totalHappy Hunting! Elf Lvr
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
Thranduil
Posted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:27 pm
elf lvr wrote:
0 Erech’s Chill Gondor
Event * Skirmish
Exert a Gondor Wraith to make him damage +1. If he wins this skirmish, you may discard a possession.
There was no answer, unless it were an utter silence more dreadful than the whispers before; and then a chill blast came in which the torches flickered and went out, and could not be rekindled.

I think heal would be better - a free strength +2 damage +1 and possession discard is too good.

elf lvr wrote:
2 Wraithly Mount Gondor
Possession * Mount
Each time bearer wins a skirmish, you may spot a Shadow player who must exert one of their minions assigned to skirmish.
’The Dead are following,’ said Legolas. ’I see shapes of Men and of horses, and pale banners like shreds of cloud...

I’m sorry, but ’wraithly’ is not by any stretch of any imagination a word! How about ’Shadowy’? Assigned to a skirmish, but fine. Nice take on Knight’s Mount.

elf lvr wrote:
1 Spear of Mist Gondor
Possession * Hand Weapon
While you can spot 3 threats, bearer is damage +1.

Cool title, and cool card. Maybe one of them should be a strength bonus instead? Or even a vitality bonus!

elf lvr wrote:
3 Sleepless Rider Gondor
Companion * Wraith
Enduring.
To play, add a threat.
Each time a minion is assigned to skirmish this companion, the Shadow player must remove 1 or exert that minion.

Nice - like he’s got a mount on him already.

elf lvr wrote:
Companion * Wraith
Enduring. Muster.
Skirmish: Discard 2 cards from hand to make a minion skirmishing The King of the Dead lose a game text keyword.
Ever there rose the same cry in the gathering night: ’The King of the Dead! The King of the Dead is come upon us!’

Interesting.

elf lvr wrote:
Event * Skirmish
Heal a Gondor Wraith to make him strength +1 for each other Gondor Wraith you can spot.
They said that it was a trysting-place of the Shadow-men, and there they would gather in times of fear, thronging round the Stone and whispering.

Clever, and nice!

elf lvr wrote:
1 Oathcall Gondor
Event * Regroup
Tale.
Spot Aragorn to remove 2 threats.
Then Elrohir gave to Aragorn a silver horn, and he blew upon it and it seemed to those that stood near that they heard a sound of answering horns, as if it was an echo in deep caves far away.

Perhaps should cost 2? Or spot some Wraiths as well?

elf lvr wrote:
2 Spirit of Chill Gondor
Companion * Wraith
Enduring.
At the start of the maneuver phase, you may make this companion strength -2 until the regroup phase to take a Gondor tale from your discard pile into hand.
No other sound they heard, and yet they were aware of a great host gathered all about the hill on which they stood; and a chill wind like the breath of ghosts came down from the mountains.

Cool.

Notice how my reviews got shorter and shorter as I went through these cards as I lost interest. This is what you get for posting ridiculous numbers of cards at once! And this is only the second of your DC threads I’ve reviewed, and that’s not including your DC contest! Razz

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
lem0nhead
Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 7:14 am
I echo Thran’s comments. Youre a DC spammer! Break them down or we reviewer’s lose the will to live and then youll have pappy cards. Very Happy

elf lvr wrote:
0 Erech’s Chill Gondor
Event * Skirmish

Erm too good? Theyre enduring so you get +2 strength damage +1 and possession discard for 0???

2 Wraithly Mount Gondor
Possession * Mount

Thran’s all over this; Wraithly? Youre just making words up now. Cool card though.

1 Spear of Mist Gondor
Possession * Hand Weapon

Too good for 1. Just drop one of the damages or change it to something less powerful like muster.

3 Sleepless Rider Gondor
Companion * Wraith
Enduring.
To play, add a threat.

Seems really good, could be abusive with 4 of these out playing pool denial. Its is his only ability though.

Companion * Wraith
Enduring. Muster.

Cooool.

Event * Skirmish

At this point im just staring at the screen not taking in the gametext, wishing for it all to end. Make the pain stop.
Seems ok.

1 Oathcall Gondor
Event * Regroup
Tale.

Fine but needs enforcement, like spot him and a wraith or its too generic.

2 Spirit of Chill Gondor
Companion * Wraith
Enduring.

Seems underpowered unless u got some beastly tales.

Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:45 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
elf lvr wrote:
0 Erech’s Chill Gondor
Event * Skirmish
works

2 Wraithly Mount Gondor
Possession * Mount
Wraithly? Rolling Eyes

1 Spear of Mist Gondor
Possession * Hand Weapon
maybe up to 4 and 6...

3 Sleepless Rider Gondor
Companion * Wraith
Enduring.
To play, add a threat.
cool!

Companion * Wraith
Enduring. Muster.
works

Event * Skirmish
cool! could safely cut cost to 1

1 Oathcall Gondor
Event * Regroup
Tale.
maybe or play a gondor wraith from your discard pile, thus making a combination with that oath of erech or whatever it is that discards wraiths

2 Spirit of Chill Gondor
Companion * Wraith
Enduring.

I likey!
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
elf lvr
Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:12 pm
2 Longing for Quiet and Peace Shire
Event * Skirmish
Discard an unbound hobbit to remove 2 threats.
He longed to shut out the immensity in a quiet room by a fire.

1 Of Kings and Halflings Shire
Condition
Bearer must be Merry or Pippin. Limit 1 per bearer.
While bearer is Merry and you can spot Theoden, Merry gians each game text keyword Theoden has.
While bearer is Pippin and you can spot Faramir, Pippin gains each game text keyword that Faramir has.
Many of the Riders smiled to see the two together: the hobbit on his little shaggy grey pony, and the Lord of Rohan on his great white horse.

3 Speak Not! Rohan
Event * Maneuver
Exert a Rohan Man to discard each Shadow condition that companion bears, or exert 3 Rohan Men to discard each minion with a twilight cost 2 or less.
’Speak not the soft words of Wormtongue in my old ears!’

2 No Grief In Victory Rohan
Condition * Support Area
Response: If a Rohan companion wins a skirmish, exert that companion and discard this condition to make another Rohan companion gain captain until the regroup phase or heal another Rohan companion.
If the war is lost, what good will be my hiding in the hills? And if it is won, what grief will it be, even if I fall, spending my last strength?
Last edited by elf lvr on Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:10 pm; edited 2 times in totalHappy Hunting! Elf Lvr
lem0nhead
Posted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:17 am
elf lvr wrote:
1 Longing for Quiet and Peace Shire
Event * Skirmish
Discard an unbound hobbit to remove 2 threats.
He longed to shut out the immensity in a quiet room by a fire.

The tower block event that does this isnt as powerful, it simply discards them id make it 1 threat as bouncy hobbits are annoying anyway when sauron swings his mace and hits nothing cos the little bugger has scarpered.

1 *Of Kings and Halflings Shire
Condition * Support Area
While you can spot a unique Rohan companion, each Hobbit gains each game text keyword that man has.
While you can spot a unique Gondor companion, each Hobbit is resistance +1 and strength +1.
Many of the Riders smiled to see the two together: the hobbit on his little shaggy grey pony, and the Lord of Rohan on his great white horse.

Waaaay too hard. You cant have a hobbit hunter 2 with horsemaster! its just daft. And you have a problem with which man to spot if there is more than one with keywords, choose one or all of them?
Second part is ok, so id just leave it at that.

3 Speak Not! Rohan
Event * Maneuver
Exert a Rohan man to discard each shadow condition that companion bears or to discard each minion with a twilight cost 2 or less.
’Speak not the soft words of Wormtongue in my old ears!’

First part is cool second is a bit too good, make it all minions with 1 or less or "a" or "2" 2 cost minions. After all Rohan arent Gandalf!

2 No Grief In Victory Rohan
Event * Response
If a Rohan companion wins a skirmish, you may exert that companion to make another Rohan companion gain captain or heal 2 other Rohan companion.
If the war is lost, what good will be my hiding in the hills? And if it is won, what grief will it be, even if I fall, spending my last strength?

Drop cost 1 to 1. Cool.

Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards