LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Open
Anautikus
Posted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:56 pm
Alright, I went back to old skoo and complied a deck of Frodo Sig cards that massively wound. Revolves around Legolas and Aragorn Frodo Sigs., since there isn’t that great of a Gimli that has a Frodo Sig.

RB
Frodo, Resolute Hobbit
The One Ring, the ring of Rings

Companions, Allys, Followers
x1 Legolas, Greenleaf
x1 Gimli, dwarf of the mountain-race
x1 Aragorn, heir to the white city
x1 Elrond, Herald to Gil-Galad
x1 Dinendal, MIrkwood archer

Possessions
x1 Sting
x1 aiglos
x1 gimli’s battle axe, trusted weapon
x2 aragorn’s bow
x1 knife of the galadhrim
x1 anduril, sword that was broken
x1 ranger’s cloak

Events
x4 quick as may be
x4 weapons of lothlorien
x2 defend it and hope
x2 no travellers in this land
x2 no use that way
x4 mind your own affairs

Conditions
x1 the saga of elendil
x1 the tale of gil-galad
x3 gondor bowmen
x1 houses of healing
x1 shadow between

The main focus is to directly wound like madness with the three hunters. Yes i know they are not Hunter keyword, but that’s not the point. Use the prancing pony to grab aragorn at site 1, 2 or 3 (ASAP). Use cards like mind your own affairs and no use that way to kill off any minions that survive the maneuver and archery phases.i think it’d be better to use aragorn’s bow rather than longbow, since u need to add threats for weapons of lothlorien. what do u think? Very Happy
Last edited by Anautikus on Sat Jun 30, 2007 1:22 am; edited 6 times in totalMy Haves/Wants
Let's Trade! Cool

"Don't waste your time, or time will waste you..."
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 1:39 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
you need away to remove burdens. Sam son of hamfast might be useful. or even the pippin engine! the gaffer could bring back your needed wounding events. or make haste sweet idea!
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 2:26 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Boromir, Son of Denethor or Merry, Friend to Sam would make good protection for Frodo should you get swarmed and HAVE to assign him. I would also STRONGLY recommend Gandalf, Friend of the Shirefolk, since he’d be 10 strength in this deck. And all three of those have the Frodo signet, too!

Speaking of which, Straining Towards Us would be excellent with all these Frodo signets around.

Since you have all three anyway, it wouldn’t be a bad idea to toss in Forth the Three Hunters!, either. The archery ability would add some extra wounding, the skirmish ability can help out anyone (especially Frodo), and the regroup ability can make for very good cycling.

The biggest weakness I see is healing. I wouldn’t worry so much about burdens since Frodo has 12 resistance, but you need a way to heal up guys after all those exertions they’ll be doing.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Dravius
Posted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 3:03 pm
Frodo, Resolute Hobbit is a better option with your deck. And add 1 copy of Sam, Son of Hamfast to remove 3 burdens as was said, then, kill him in a skirmish on the biggest minion alive in order to choke more.
-Darth Dravius, Dark Lord of the Sith
TheShyzle
Posted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 3:14 pm
I agree with most of what Dain said except Forth The Three Hunters that would not be a good card with Greenleaf. I would say you need some kind of healing. Elrond Herald to Gil-Galad x2 would be good. I always liked A Shadow Between in my decks with Greenleaf too.
LOOK HERE:
http://lotrtcgdb.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=5185
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 3:38 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
TheShyzle wrote:
I agree with most of what Dain said except Forth The Three Hunters that would not be a good card with Greenleaf.

Ah, a good thought. I forgot the awesomeness that is Greenleaf for a moment. Razz

TheShyzle wrote:
I would say you need some kind of healing. Elrond Herald to Gil-Galad x2 would be good. I always liked A Shadow Between in my decks with Greenleaf too.

I know you’re low on room anyway, but if you can work in Aragorn’s Pipe, Frodo’s Pipe, and some pipeweeds, that would take care of your healing right there. At the very least, throw in 4x Athelas and/or Kingsfoil. Farewell to Lorien would be a card to consider, too.

You could also use Aragorn, Elessar Telcontar (who has the Frodo signet) to spread the exertions around. Greenleaf exhausted and you need to heal him and use his ability? Use Aragorn’s text to exert someone else and heal Greenleaf.

If you go the Elrond route, as Shyzle suggested, you may want to consider a couple copies of Master of Healing, as that could greatly accelerate how much healing he does.

I think I’d drop a copy of Gondor Bowmen, add in Boromir, Son of Denethor to protect Frodo instead of Cliffs of Emyn Muil and There and Back Again (drop them both). Then add in the healing cards of your choice. Personally, I’d recommend Aragorn’s Pipe and Frodo’s Pipe and pipeweeds and also add in Gandalf, Friend of the Shirefolk with Gandalf’s Pipe. NOW you have some burden removal as well! Drop a couple of your wounding events if you have to make room, because the healing is worth it. Your companions could quickly become very useless without it.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Anautikus
Posted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 6:26 pm
hmm, i was thinking of adding companions, but i wanted to try going for the sneak/wouding. very effective Very Happy small amounts of minions + small amounts of vitality + many wounds = no minions Very Happy

the only event that exerts is defend it and hope and no travellers in this land. elrond can help, but i dun think i need too much healing. i added houses of healing to heal aragorn, since he exerts the most. and with frodo, resolute hobbit and RoR, i shuld be fine for burdens. I wanted to use telcontar, but i can’t pull him out with sites :[

also i decided to add dinendal for sum more wounds. frodo can be an archer ^^
Last edited by Anautikus on Tue Jun 19, 2007 2:48 am; edited 2 times in totalMy Haves/Wants
Let's Trade! Cool

TheShyzle
Posted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 6:36 pm
I was going to suggest Dinnendal but you should really try Shadow Between with Elrond Herald to Gil-Galad it will get 2 wound off Legolas every turn. It works Mr. Green
LOOK HERE:
http://lotrtcgdb.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=5185
Anautikus
Posted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 6:38 pm
yea adding shadow between too Wink
My Haves/Wants
Let's Trade! Cool

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Open