LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Age's End
How playable is the Watcher in the Water, Many-Tentacled Creature?

5 (Best)  
35%
  [ 5 ]  35%

42%
  [ 6 ]  42%

14%
  [ 2 ]  14%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

1 (Worst)  
7%
  [ 1 ]  7%

Total Votes : 14
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:23 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.

This is why I am really disappointed about ages end they finally make a half-decent watcher, and a few tentacles to boot! and then the set is done. Its really to bad. This guy made sites automatically a marsh, and to boot could play tentacles from your discard pile! His stats stayed the same, but it seemed the tentacle strategy almost had potential. Crying or Very sad
It just occluded to me he works with the old tentacles too, this suddenly make tentacles a lot more viable. yeah!

Note from AC: I fixed SoP’s image to now show the correct version of the Watcher; before he was shown as being in the Orc culture, but his picture was clarified to show that he is in the Moria culture.
Last edited by sickofpalantirs on Tue Jun 12, 2007 1:42 pm; edited 2 times in totalArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Dravius
Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:42 am
Well, with 4 spurred to battle, forced marsh, 4 destroyers and usurpers and a goblin hordes to grab this guy, you can have the pool to play all its tentacles on site 7. Make your opponent double move from 6 (Crags of emyn muil) to 7 (anduin banks), you should have 8 twilight from the spurred, 9 from the regions (17), minus 3 for the forced march (14) the number of its companions x2 + whatever he played in fellowship or regroup. that should be plenty enough to get the watcher and all its 8 tentacles (24 twilight). You have watcher in the water, many tentacled creature (strenght 11), 4 strong tentacle (strenght 15) and 4 reaching tentacle (strenght 12).

That is even stronger than a 9 nazgul swarm. Each companion got wounded when moving from site 6, then, you get +2 to the minion archery total for each companion over 4 and he skipped the sanctuary. That means even a 9 companions fellowship would be in trouble, but most of the time you’ll face a 5 companion fellowship. The only thing you need then is to make sure the watcher fights alongside some other thentacle to be strenght 23, and assigning the 3 others to the ring-bearer (minimum 48 on the ring-bearer if he has 5 companions).

That is a good swarm I say.

Note from AC: You misspelled "assigning", so I edited it for you to make it more family-friendly.
-Darth Dravius, Dark Lord of the Sith
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:23 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
you are right, but to make it work requires a host of broken cards/combos. that is cool though and a GP for figuring that out.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Foresight
Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 3:33 pm
Wow! This watcher in the water is better than the old, because you don’t have to be sitepath-dependant to even play your minions, just play ol’ watcher here and "watch" those tentacles come on out for a possible massive swarm! Although, isn’t this card supposed to be Moria culture (Along with the tentacles)? Gets a 4 from me.
In his eyes was the look of a hunted beast seeking some gap in the ring of his enemies. Men
Celebrimbor
Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 4:08 pm
Shadow: play a tentacle from your discard pile.

Broken! Just as Dravius said, with that combo you should generate pool enough to play almost every tentacle from your discard pile. AC’s new deck shows a good example.

Only a 4, too OP.
My Trading List
Popcorn is not gooey like fat, and also not crunchy like potato chips, but crispy like lettuce which makes it a healthy snack. Popcorn
raptor22
Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 4:23 pm
Ahh, but the only way this card can be broken is if you buy 4 sets of Age’s End, and why would Decipher want to stop people from doing that... Cool
TheHobbit13
Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 4:23 pm
its not really that broken
If you like LOTR then maybe you would like redemption ccg PM me for more info
NBarden
Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 4:26 pm
I agree. This card isn’t that broken. Tentacles are not that big and nasty, archery or ANY wounding would kill this deck. Sorry.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
TheHobbit13
Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 4:27 pm
whatcher in the water should be powerful
If you like LOTR then maybe you would like redemption ccg PM me for more info
LeoKula
Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 7:53 am
it seems that almost every topic becomes a broken / not broken discussion...

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Age's End