LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Age's End
How playable is the Watcher in the Water, Many-Tentacled Creature?

5 (Best)  
35%
  [ 5 ]  35%

42%
  [ 6 ]  42%

14%
  [ 2 ]  14%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

1 (Worst)  
7%
  [ 1 ]  7%

Total Votes : 14
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:04 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
How could the old Watcher be more scary? This is one of the best Moria cards around, barring Host of Thousands and Goblin Runner. Automatic marsh, which makes tentacles playable again, plus automatic minion recursion. Tentacles now have better recursion than goblins!
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
Juicetr
Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:29 pm
Well, I guess I may not be like most....I try to build my decks with enough swarm protection I can be fine...granted it doesn’t always work due to the luck of the draw, but I would much rather have big to opposed damage + big and fierce.....swarm just doesn’t usually bother me. I maybe weird, and thus leavin it out flappin in the wind....but if I was going to play a tentacle deck, I would prefer the old one. Besides, in the old deck just play with Evil-smelling Fens and then you don’t have to worry about not having Marshs
You look like your smuggling sausages.....just in the wrong places.
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:32 pm
Evil-Smelling Fens is typically a good card, but in a condition-discarding meta, it tanks badly. I’ve tried. Sad This one would be safe from that.

Besides, that’s 4 cards in your draw deck to save your whole deck. With this Watcher and Huge Tentacle, and Foul Tentacle, that now becomes 16 cards in your draw deck that can get the marsh, either by ESF or by grabbing the Watcher.

I’ll be writing an article on this guy, I think...
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
lem0nhead
Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 5:02 am
2 questions.

1. Why isnt the new watcher phrased like the old one. While you can spot the witw discard all other minions. The new one says Discard other minions. So what happens when you play him first the play other non tenacle minions? Pretty sure D will get away with it but just seeking confirmation.

2. Why dont the card names auto link in this thread? Is it cos its a poll?

Cheers.

P.s. This guy has awesome potential for a tentacle deck, and i would love to see that article CG.
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Hedgehog81
Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 5:19 am
lem0nhead wrote:
2 questions.

1. Why isnt the new watcher phrased like the old one. While you can spot the witw discard all other minions. The new one says Discard other minions. So what happens when you play him first the play other non tenacle minions? Pretty sure D will get away with it but just seeking confirmation.

2. Why dont the card names auto link in this thread? Is it cos its a poll?

Cheers.

P.s. This guy has awesome potential for a tentacle deck, and i would love to see that article CG.

1. I think the gametext is always active so if played first each minion non tentacle u play,get discarded,if played last u discard each minion non tentacle

2. Think I don’t know

The most important thing is Why did it lose damage+1?
"Southrons were bold men and grim, and fierce in despair..."
lem0nhead
Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 5:28 am
Cheers H81

Probably because it now makes your site a marsh and you can get your tentacles out for no requirement. Pro’s and cons weigh out maybe.
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 10:43 pm
Gar...I shall smite EL for including a tentacle swarm in his article. My article! Razz Wink
lem0nhead
Posted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 5:48 am
Unlucky CG i would have liked to have seen an entire article dedicated to this new guy. Ah well. Will have to go review El’s article now.
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:59 am
Nah, I’ll still write the article. But I shall have to smite EL. I promise, my article will blow his tiny little section about the Watcher...out of the Water. Wink
lem0nhead
Posted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:01 am
LOL smiting is always good CG. Excellent cant wait read it. If you want me pre review it feel free to pm it me! I stand by my Chosen ones code of honour!

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Age's End