LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Gameplay Questions
FortunesRazor
Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 4:43 pm
Why is madril not x-listed in expanded, but is in standard?
NBarden
Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 4:49 pm
Because he’s not overly broken in expanded. He’s not broken in standard either, but in expanded, there are more ways to kill him.

Although in standard, there’s fires raged unchecked, mumak Rider, and Corsair Marauder.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
FortunesRazor
Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 6:11 pm
Thanks!
Foresight
Posted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 3:40 pm
NBarden wrote:
Because he’s not overly broken in expanded. He’s not broken in standard either, but in expanded, there are more ways to kill him.

Although in standard, there’s fires raged unchecked, mumak Rider, and Corsair Marauder.

Don’t forget Final Strike! Has to be one of THE BEST ways to counter Ithilien Blade.
In his eyes was the look of a hunted beast seeking some gap in the ring of his enemies. Men
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 7:37 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Actually, the reason is the same reason Demoralized and Courtyard Parapet aren’t X-ed in Expanded, either. To X in Expanded, D has to poll the player community. They don’t have the same authority over that as they do over Standard. Which means that those three cards aren’t X-ed in Expanded.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
Glamdring
Posted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 2:26 pm
CarpeGuitarrem wrote:
Actually, the reason is the same reason Demoralized and Courtyard Parapet aren’t X-ed in Expanded, either. To X in Expanded, D has to poll the player community. They don’t have the same authority over that as they do over Standard. Which means that those three cards aren’t X-ed in Expanded.

That explains it. I am not really up-to-date with the politics in LOTR cards.
Great minds think alike.~CarpeGuitarrem
Rangers will rule the World!! (CC's Official Ranger Lover)
My Haves/Wants Please look!!

...much debate much hard feelings. ~SOP
Dravius
Posted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 3:22 pm
Foresight wrote:
NBarden wrote:

Don’t forget Final Strike! Has to be one of THE BEST ways to counter Ithilien Blade.

I have to say bill ferny, swarthy sneering fellow is the best way
-Darth Dravius, Dark Lord of the Sith
lem0nhead
Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 6:18 am
Dravius wrote:
Foresight wrote:
NBarden wrote:

I have to say thats an awesome counter well done Dravius, very cool.
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:32 am
Dravius wrote:

That’s a decent combo, but all it really does is make the Free Peoples player discard Ferny first and then the Nazgul. I suppose it’s not bad for 2 twilight, but it’s not like it stops the IB deck from working.

- AC
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
lem0nhead
Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:36 am
O yeah good point AC forgot he himself is roaming. Poor... Crying or Very sad
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Gameplay Questions