LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Gameplay Questions
Hedgehog81
Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 5:16 am
Hi Guys,

Today is 14th June,
yesterday I opened my Treachery and Deceit Boxes,
and I’m starting to fit my decks with these new cards.

Next Month there will be the European Championship in Berlin (21-22 July 2007)

Since Decipher haven’t released a CRD Update yet,

I need to know which card will be playable and which not,
please help me and the other LOTR players,so it could be easy to avoid arguments during the tourney,

I’ll refer to the cards I’d like to use,feel free to add more

So:

- Whisper in the Dark

Can I play it on followers or not due to the follower’s rules?

- Pull of the Ring

If I play this event the W minion hide his fierce status and became Hunter 2 until the Assignment phase,at the start of the skirmish the minion return fierce but not hunter 2,correct?

- Grond, Forged With Black Steel

Forched March,take a look at your draw deck and remove 2 companions from the game,correct use?

- Ranger of the North

Useful only for the healing ability the defender bonus will disappear at the end of the maneuver phase,correct?

- A New Light

During my fellowship phase i can take back in my hand a minion from my discard pile and discard a minion of my opponent,correct?
"Southrons were bold men and grim, and fierce in despair..."
spartiatis
Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:30 am
If you do all this you deserve a kick in the butt Very Happy
And three kicks for Decipher for blindly releasing this set.
There are two ways: either all players will agree to use the cards exactly as they read or in accordance to the"desired" effect.

Since we are talking about a tournament here, i believe in the first rather in the later proposal.
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:40 am
Until the CRD gets updated:

Hedgehog81 wrote:
- Whisper in the Dark

Can I play it on followers or not due to the follower’s rules?

I believe that this is a case of the card overriding the rules. So yes, I think that it can be played on followers even though the rules say that followers cannot bear other cards.

Hedgehog81 wrote:
- Pull of the Ring

If I play this event the W minion hide his fierce status and became Hunter 2 until the Assignment phase,at the start of the skirmish the minion return fierce but not hunter 2,correct?

Yes, that is correct (although it is obviously not how it is intended to be used).

Hedgehog81 wrote:
- Grond, Forged With Black Steel

Forched March,take a look at your draw deck and remove 2 companions from the game,correct use?

Correct, you can remove any 2 Free Peoples cards in play from the game. I’m not sure if you can remove the RB though...

Hedgehog81 wrote:
- Ranger of the North

Useful only for the healing ability the defender bonus will disappear at the end of the maneuver phase,correct?

Correct.

Hedgehog81 wrote:
- A New Light

During my fellowship phase i can take back in my hand a minion from my discard pile and discard a minion of my opponent,correct?

Here’s how the card works:

1. Search through a discard pile and return a minion you find there to its owner’s hand.
2. If that minion’s owner is a Shadow play, you get to discard a minion from his hand. Otherwise, skip that part of the text.

So basically you can either return a minion to your hand, or you can return a minion to your opponent’s hand and then discard a minion from their hand.

Hope this helps!

- AC
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:05 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
boy D has made a mess of things. Ac is correct methinks.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Hedgehog81
Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:06 am
Very good AC and RB cannot be discarded
wraithful
Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 1:02 pm
Hedgehog81 wrote: Very good AC and RB cannot be discarded

The ring-bearer can’t be discarded, that’s true, but Grond, forged with black steel doesn’t discard, it removes cards from the game. Discarding and remove from the game are two different things. I don’t think the rulebook says anything about removing the ring-bearer from the game, so it’s up in the air.
bibfortuna25
Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 6:19 pm
I would rule that Grond can only remove cards that you found in the other player’s draw deck. The draw deck is what you are actively searching through, so that is what Grond refers to when it instructs you to remove cards from the game.
All cards do what they say.
TheHobbit13
Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:35 pm
what is the full sa of grond
If you like LOTR then maybe you would like redemption ccg PM me for more info
wraithful
Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:51 pm
What is the full sa of grond? what is sa? anyway, here is the picture, if that helps. Smile

Hedgehog81
Posted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 2:14 am
wraithful wrote:
Hedgehog81 wrote: Very good AC and RB cannot be discarded

The ring-bearer can’t be discarded, that’s true, but Grond, forged with black steel doesn’t discard, it removes cards from the game. Discarding and remove from the game are two different things. I don’t think the rulebook says anything about removing the ring-bearer from the game, so it’s up in the air.

Shocked I didn’t notice that,I’ll play forched march+ grond remove the RB and I will win the game,i finally found my deck
Mr. Green Mr. Green

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Gameplay Questions