LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit
Foresight
Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 3:54 pm
...to play with any of the new Treachery and Deceit cards? Are they really as broken or really as balanced as what word of mouth says on here? Or are they entirely something unexpected? I realize the set is new and just came out, but I know there’s some early birds who get the cards and experiment with them right off the bat! My local card shop as a matter of fact got T & D in Tuesday, and some friends from my player group already bought some! I can’t say that they’ve played any games yet with the new cards, but I will rip and tear into my group to get some cards banned from our player group before I play any games with ’em!

Also, one person in my player group says that all cards that aren’t culturally reinforced from T & D should be banned. Do you guys think that’s true, or are there many exceptions to that? Whisper in the Dark and The Faithful Stone come to mind as some non-culturally enforced cards that need banning.
Last edited by Foresight on Thu Jun 14, 2007 3:56 pm; edited 1 time in totalIn his eyes was the look of a hunted beast seeking some gap in the ring of his enemies. Men
NBarden
Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 3:56 pm
Whisper in the Dark is easy to beat. Real easy. With all the follower discarding, it gets creamed easily, and even so, the effect of the card isn’t that powerful.

The Faithful Stone is enforced, maybe not culturally, but think Armor, Coat of Mail, Heavy Chain. Its just OP in other ways.

I should get my T&D card tomorrow or so. I’ll let you know how Elven Armaments works for me.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
Foresight
Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 3:58 pm
NBarden wrote:
Whisper in the Dark is easy to beat. Real easy. With all the follower discarding, it gets creamed easily, and even so, the effect of the card isn’t that powerful.

Well, considering that the card is non-unique and 4 of them out = 4 exertions every maneuver phase, it seems too easy to put in ANY wounding deck. Orc wounding, Men archery, any Uruk-hai deck, Gollum Not This Time wounding, ect. the list goes on. One card should not open such easy exertion up for any culture. Either this card is the problem, or Saruman, Servant of Sauron is. I’m going for the former.. Rolling Eyes
In his eyes was the look of a hunted beast seeking some gap in the ring of his enemies. Men
NBarden
Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 4:19 pm
Um...did you miss what I said? First, condition discarding. Second, follower discarding, Third, you need Saruman, Servant of Sauron to make sure it works, and if you don’t, then you’re just sticking it in there and hoping someone packs followers.
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Foresight
Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 4:24 pm
Anyone who won’t pack Saruman, Servant of Sauron with this needs to be drug into the street and shot. Shame on you Also, not all decks have easy condition discarding! I know Gandalf and Elven will have a field day against it, but what about those Shirelings? Or those Dwarves? It seems mandatory with this card now that all decks should pack some condition discarding of some sort or be completely owned! Follower discarding isn’t so universal either, it’s only Gondor and Rohan to my knowledge unless they came up with more horns.
In his eyes was the look of a hunted beast seeking some gap in the ring of his enemies. Men
NBarden
Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 4:25 pm
Dwarves, BRC.

Hobbits, enough vitality to take it. Plus, it doesn’t touch ring-bound hobbits.
Last edited by NBarden on Thu Jun 14, 2007 4:27 pm; edited 1 time in totalExclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Foresight
Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 4:27 pm
Get on Gmail right now! I want to debate this without using up multiple posts!
NBarden
Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 4:27 pm
Good. Maybe we can do something with our languishing DC set.
TheHobbit13
Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:33 pm
whisper in the dark = hand clog
If you like LOTR then maybe you would like redemption ccg PM me for more info
redoschi
Posted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 7:44 am
yeah, whisper in the dark isn’t that good, it might be nice in some decks though.

Frenzy of Arrows, The Faithful stone and Elven armaments at the moment are the only ones that seem overpowered (destroyers and usurpers could be broken against a deck heavy with defense bonuses, but that is unlikely)

Faithful stone is expensive and is easily discarded and is useless against nazguls and archery decks so I’m not sure it is that broken.

Frenzy of Arrows and Elven armaments are broken as one of the only ways to avoid the heavy archery of the first is with the second and the second also stops loads of other archery decks like evil men archery...

of course armaments wouldn’t be used in one of the elves most powerful decks: elven archery. but in elvents it is a killer! (bonus strength + vitality and skips archery phase!)

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit