LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Gameplay Questions
AdultLink
Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 1:42 pm
Hey, I was wondering... What’s the result of using Great Day Great Hour with Gimli Counter of Foes? The event states:
"If an opponent plays a minion exert a dwarf who is damage +X to exert a minion X times."

But Counter of Foes makes it difficult. Obviously X is a variable and after you have exerted gimli he gains an extra damage +1 so would the value of X change for exerting the minion, or would the value of X be set upon playing the event and be made permanant? I can’t figure it out.
Haves/Wants
Pipsqueak
Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 2:02 pm
Joined: 06 Jan 2006 Posts: 331 Location: A northerner down south
I think that it would be whatever Gimli is before you exert him.
Because you’re counting how much damage he is before exerting him.

Hope this helps Very Happy , hope i’m right Neutral
Long live the southern bros. Homage
AdultLink
Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 1:33 pm
That’s what I thought it probably was, but I’m just not sure. Anybody else have a say? Cobra? AnxiousChieftan?
Haves/Wants
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 1:52 pm
Wow, I really have no idea. If you read the card left-to-right, it would seem like you would get the extra damage, but logically it would seem otherwise. Very good question; maybe someone else knows more on the subject.
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
Cobra
Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 2:18 pm
AnxiousChieftain would definitely be right if the card took things step-by-step, as in: "Exert a Dwarf. Then exert a minion X times, where X is that Dwarf’s damage bonus."

But as it is, I say Pipsqueak is right. Cool Great Day, Great Hour says "Exert a Dwarf who is damage +X", which means you’re spotting the damage bonus BEFORE you do the exertions. So the value of X is set when you play the event.
http://cobracards.com -- Web's best deals on Trading Card Games.
AdultLink
Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 9:53 pm
That’s probably it. The extra damage bonus would definately make both Great Day, Great Hour and Blood Runs Chill LOTS better with Gimli, Counter of Foes, but alas... I will use the card without the bonus until someone proves me wrong.
Haves/Wants

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Gameplay Questions