LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Age's End
lem0nhead
Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 5:10 am
Great thanks to Juicetr who came up with this simple but stunningly good notion:

Juicetr wrote:
You know, the reality of it is that we can make the Fellowship keyword whatever our heart desires. With the end of the game, as I mentioned before, we probably won’t be receiving rule updates or card text changes. As a result, the Fellowship keyword can do whatever your own personal playing group prefers. Just my thoughts.

From this i thought i’d make a brainstorm thread. Please post below your chosen interpretation of the gameplay for this keyword and how you will use it in your gaming group if you choose to do so. This will not only give me some ideas but will give other players some inspiration.
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:23 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
My personal favorite ideas (short of having more cards that reference "fellowship", which won’t happen now that new cards are no longer being made):

- While you can spot only fellowship companions in the fellowship, Free Peoples cards borne by those companions may not be discarded by Shadow cards.

- Free Peoples cards borne by a fellowship companion may transfered to another fellowship companion during the fellowship phase for free.

- While you can spot only fellowship companions in the fellowship, each companion is resistance +1.

- While you can spot only fellowship companions in the fellowship, each companion is strength +1.

- While you can spot only fellowship companions in the fellowship, each companion is Ring-bound.

Just a few things I’ve thought about before.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
lem0nhead
Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:25 am
I think the most balanced and easiest on the rules is the transferring thing, i like that Dain. Might use it cheers! GP
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
LeoKula
Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:30 am
I think it’s a little odd, since you can use it only with the hobbits, aragorn and boromir...

I like the strength +1 thing. You know, if you’re going to use only fellowship companions you are limited to those versions, so you I think you need a good bonus for it Wink
king_xyglon
Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:48 am
DáinIronfoot wrote:
- While you can spot only fellowship companions in the fellowship, each companion is Ring-bound.

I like this one a lot. I’ve personally always wanted FoTR versions of the Fellowship to be considered Ring-Bound, since that rule wasn’t around for FoTR block but I think its hard to get more Ring-Bound than those guys were (especially Boromir!!!). They’re certainly more Ring-Bound than, say, Damrod, Ranger of Ithilien !
"...last one out of Decipher's Message Board turn off the lights!"
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:52 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
king_xyglon wrote:
DáinIronfoot wrote:

I like this one a lot. I’ve personally always wanted FoTR versions of the Fellowship to be considered Ring-Bound, since that rule wasn’t around for FoTR block but I think its hard to get more Ring-Bound than those guys were (especially Boromir!!!). They’re certainly more Ring-Bound than, say, Damrod, Ranger of Ithilien !

I think that’s probably my favorite too, especially in Expanded. Very Happy
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
lem0nhead
Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:05 am
Thinking about it youre definately right that is a cool idea and makes sense, however some cards that target only ringbound companions could be rather painful.
BearerOfQuality
Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:06 am
I just caught your post and there are some fantastic ideas here. I don’t particularly like the strength +1 idea, it’s too similar to the Hunters rule (of which, I don’t like whatsoever). Also, I like the idea of transferring your possessions to a different character, but your only problem there is that there aren’t that many possessions that aren’t race specific.

I would agree with king_xyglon in making each companion ringbound would be the best rule. Ringbound rangers is one of my favouroite decks in expanded and ringbound fellowship members would open up a huge amount of possibilities (e.g. the recent smeagol/hobbit cards that affect ringbound hobbits, that would be 5 in total). have a GP from me!
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:42 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
ring bound would be awesome. problem is how much would it help?
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
BearerOfQuality
Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:55 am
It would be more useful to count as ringbound than having the ability to transfer only 3 cards between each fellowship member! Laughing

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Age's End