LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Age's End
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:52 am
I can’t wait to get my cards. Very Happy

I ordered:

1 x FOIL Smeagol, Pitiable Guide
1 x FOIL Aragorn, Well-traveled Guide
4 x FOIL Grima, Servant of Another Master
1 x FOIL Gandalf, Wise Guide

Smeagol goes in my Frodo-Smeagol-Aragorn deck, in order to shuffle back into my deck Swear by the Precious and all my other Gollum cards (the Shadow side has Gollum stuff too, so I can shuffle those cards back as well!).

Gandalf goes in a crazy deck I made that has all the members of the fellowship and more.

Aragorn goes in a Aragorn-Boromir deck that works surprisingly well (I playtested the deck).

Grima, I’m not sure about, but he’s got so much potential that I just had to buy 4 of him. I can really stick him in almost any of my decks and he’d help out.

- AC
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
BearerOfQuality
Posted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:01 am
Some great card choices there, I didnt buy the whole set either (I dont really rate a lot of the cards, especially the ’gul bar Nertea and the hot potato conditions) and pretty much bought the cards you chose, plus Arwen (fits into a multi-cultured ranger deck I created back in the old days of FotR) and Pippin (have an early deck from FotR that had loads of tales, pippin-tank!)

Also, Eomer for nastlgia reasons Smile
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:03 am
Yeah, I refused to buy Nertea and the transferring conditions because they are definitely overpowered and would be no fun for my opponents.

- AC
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
BearerOfQuality
Posted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:14 am
Definitely, they should have made those conditions unique minimum. They really are too OP and I dont think they really fit into a deck. Nertea is okay, I guess, though there is room for abuse. It just seems there are about 4 or 5 balanced cards, and then half o the rest are either really bad or just plain OP (I have to say, what is the point of Sam? He’s just like a slightly watered down version of Sam, GE. Okay he can be the ringbearer and has greater resistance, but who will look at those factors over a Sam-tank?)
lem0nhead
Posted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:17 am
Ha! No one is the answer. EW is the only choice.

There are only a handful of worthy cards and the rest are bit of a disappointment. The good ones are REALLY cool though.
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
BearerOfQuality
Posted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:30 am
Haha Smile I really, really like the new Gollum though (not a great title mind). i’ve just created a threat deck and he would fit in perfectly with Fat One Wants It and Captured By The Ring (slightly worrying though if faced against a duo fellowship of just Aragorn, WTG!).

I think the card that i am most impressed with though is Boromir. It really is about time there was a deck that worked around him, merry and pippin. And with the new Pippin (though not really the new merry - Merry, LC or FOTB instead) that would be a great tank deck with Frodo, WFTJ with Ring of Doom)
elf lvr
Posted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 3:59 pm
I got a whole set of Age’s End, should be here by the time I get back from vacation.

I’m hoping to build a few of the decks I had up in my latest article (read, rate, and review, please! Very Happy )

Some of the cards are junk, but I just kind of had to order a whole set. Even if many of them do just sit in a binder forever, it’s the last LotR product ever. I just kind of had to get it. Which is what D counted on, but whatever...
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
BearerOfQuality
Posted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:44 am
Read, rated and reviewed Very Happy Have a GP
redoschi
Posted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 7:15 am
will there be any complete sets for sale again?

(they are sold out now and you mentioned that Age’s End and T&D would be the only one’s that would be replenished)

Also, do complete sets come with the pack/box in which they originally were sold?

Thanks!
hawkeyespf
Posted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 8:02 am
redoschi --

I have a full case coming my way, so I’ll have 2 extra sets if you’re interested - PM me if you are. Anybody else is also welcome to inquire, but I want to give redoschi first option.

Steve

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Age's End