LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
Bilbo, Retired Adventurer
Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 4:21 pm
Here is an idea of a Sting that is connected to the story and also useful and fun to play.

Sting
Of Bilbo,Frodo and Sam

Twilight 2

Maneuver : Bearer can be Bilbo,Frodo,or Sam.Add threats equal to total vitality of the bearer to transfer it to another eligible bearer.

or

Maneuver : Bearer can be Bilbo,Frodo,or Sam.Exaust bearer to transfer it to another eligible bearer.

Maneuver keyword could be exchanged with Regroup(especially in second case;Unharmed combo) or both could be put in.These kinds of things should be playtested.
Aragorn33
Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 5:16 pm
Bilbo, Retired Adventurer wrote:
Here is an idea of a Sting that is connected to the story and also useful and fun to play.

Sting
Of Bilbo,Frodo and Sam

Twilight 2

Maneuver : Bearer can be Bilbo,Frodo,or Sam.Add threats equal to total vitality of the bearer to transfer it to another eligible bearer.

or

Maneuver : Bearer can be Bilbo,Frodo,or Sam.Exaust bearer to transfer it to another eligible bearer.

Maneuver keyword could be exchanged with Regroup(especially in second case;Unharmed combo) or both could be put in.These kinds of things should be playtested.

It would be much better in the skirmish phase Smile
Pipsqueak
Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 5:22 pm
Joined: 06 Jan 2006 Posts: 331 Location: A northerner down south
OK... just FYI, this card is completely messed up. It’s confusing, doesn’t have nearly enough information, and is overall just plain BAD.

The setup should be like this:

(2) •Sting
Of Bilbo, Frodo, and Sam
Possession • Hand Weapon
Bearer must be Bilbo, Frodo, or Sam
Maneuver: Add threats equal to the total vitality of bearer to transfer this possession to another eligible bearer.
Maneuver: Exhaust bearer to transfer ithis possession to another eligible bearer.

You never said who the bearer had to be in the beginning.
You said "Maneuver: Bearer can be Bilbo, Frodo, or Sam" when you said "can be", it implies that there are also other bearers. So, 1) always put the bearer(s) in the beginning text, 2) don’t say "it", say "this possession", or "Sting", and 3) you don’t need an "or" between both of the maneuver actions.
Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 5:52 pm
Good Idea, but you can transfer any weapon to another eligable bearer for it’s twilight cost in the fellowship phase...
Aragorn33
Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 5:58 pm
theOmnipotentOne wrote:
Good Idea, but you can transfer any weapon to another eligable bearer for it’s twilight cost in the fellowship phase...

Yes but you may realize after the shadow players turn that you need to transfer it to kill someone off, or to stop from being overwhelmed. I thought the exact same thing at first but if you think about it, this could be very handy.

I suggested the skirmish phase instead, due to the high cost you could pass it as you change from one skirmish to the next so all three could use it if it was necessary.

And if you have the Aragorn that removes threat’s you’d be all set.
Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 6:10 pm
Ok.Pipsqueak.Thank you for correcting it so it looks in order.
As for the skirmish phase I thought that it would be too powerful and it just doesn’t stand that you could move it from Bilbo to Frodo and Sam over and over again when Bilbo stayed in Rivendell etc. It would be too much. Regroup isn’t too powerfull because of the fellowship option,although it reduces the cost.Good for sanctuary.
Aragorn33
Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 6:29 pm
Bilbo, Retired Adventurer wrote:
Ok.Pipsqueak.Thank you for correcting it so it looks in order.
As for the skirmish phase I thought that it would be too powerful and it just doesn’t stand that you could move it from Bilbo to Frodo and Sam over and over again when Bilbo stayed in Rivendell etc. It would be too much. Regroup isn’t too powerfull because of the fellowship option,although it reduces the cost.Good for sanctuary.

It is powerful in the skirmish phase but you’ve got a very high cost associated with the transfer as well, and you can’t just add threat’s to your hearts content either. You could probably do it once per skirmish phase really, and the idea of adding that many threat’s would make people use it carefully I believe.

I think it would be very well balanced in all reality.
Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 6:45 pm
Yeah,I see what you mean.Changing in maneuver would be just like using a follower to add strength,for a greater price.But if you are playing standard new hobbits(Bilbo AR,Frodo FF,Sam BOGN, and Simple Stoor) they aren’t supposed to be killed so easily that the threats could fly.Maybe could be trouble at 9.I don’t know.But if Hobbit is already exhausted ,then there aren’t so many threats to be added also.
I still would like to somehow move the sword outside fellowship phase,because it is just fun to me.It would add some flavour. Razz

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards