LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 1:04 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Thranduil wrote:

2 • Gandalf’s Staff, Wizard’s Device Gandalf
Artifact • Staff
Vit: +1
Bearer must be Gandalf.
Response: If a Shadow event is played, exert Gandalf twice to cancel its effects.
make it once and spot X fellowship companions

2 • Axe of Erebor, Gimli’s Weapon Dwarven
Possession • Hand Weapon
Str: +2
Bearer must be Gimli.
Each time Gimli wins a skirmish, you may wound a minion skirmishing a fellowship companion.
except the RB

1 • Bow of the Galadhrim, Legolas’ Bow Elven
Possession • Ranged Weapon
Str: +1
Bearer must be Legolas.
Each time Legolas wins a skirmish, you may heal a fellowship companion.

works for me
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Thranduil
Posted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:44 am
Thanks guys.

Now we move away from the Free Peoples and Nine Walkers to the Nine Riders of the Shadow. The fellowship liked spotting a certain number of fellowship guys. Well, there’s a little mirror going on here, so guess what the Nazgul do! I posted the Witch-King as part of my burritos, but I’ll post him again here for completeness:

8 • The Witch-King, Lord of the Nine Wraith
Minion • Nazgul
Str: 14
Vit: 4
Sit: 3
Fierce.
While you can spot 3 Nazgul, the Witch-King gains muster.
While you can spot 4 Nazgul, the Witch-King is damage +1.
While you can spot 5 Nazgul, the Witch-King is enduring.
The Lord of Morgul therefore led his companions over Anduin, unclad and unmounted, and invisible to eyes, and yet a terror to all living things...

5 • Ulaire Nelya, Rider of the Nine Wraith
Minion • Nazgul
Str: 10
Vit: 3
Sit: 2
Fierce.
While you can spot X other Nazgul, each Nazgul gains toil X.

(lores will come eventually, I’m just a little busy at the moment)

Thranduil
Last edited by Thranduil on Sun Sep 16, 2007 3:14 pm; edited 3 times in total'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
lem0nhead
Posted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 11:00 am
Thranduil wrote:
Thanks guys.

Minion • Nazgul
Fierce.
Each Nazgul gains toil 1 for each other Nazgul you can spot.

Thranduil

For each nazgul besides nelya or besides the nazgul you are playing? Interesting either way just needs clarifying.
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Thranduil
Posted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 11:06 am
It’s supposed to exclude Nelya. What would be a clearer wording?

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 1:15 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Thranduil wrote:
’ll post him again here for completeness:

Minion • Nazgul
Fierce.
While you can spot 3 Nazgul, the Witch-King has muster.
The Lord of Morgul therefore led his companions over Anduin, unclad and unmounted, and invisible to eyes, and yet a terror to all living things...
aweshomeness

Minion • Nazgul
Fierce.
Each Nazgul gains toil 1 for each other Nazgul you can spot.

should be worded each nazgul gains toil X where X is the number of nazzies you can spot
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Thranduil
Posted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:19 pm
I’ve also tried throughout the Nazgul to make revamped versions of iconic persona (as I did with the fellowship), so for example this one is based on Winged Sentry:

6 • Ulaire Toldea, Shadow of the Nine Wraith
Minion • Nazgul
Str: 12
Fierce.
Each time Ulaire Toldea wins a skirmish, you may spot 3 Nazgul to make the Free Peoples player add a burden or 2 threats.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

sickofpalantirs
Posted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 6:58 pm
Thranduil wrote:
I’ve also tried throughout the Nazgul to make revamped versions of iconic persona (as I did with the fellowship), so for example this one is based on Winged Sentry:

6 • Ulaire Toldea, Shadow of the Nine Wraith
Minion • Nazgul
Fierce.
Each time Ulaire Toldea wins a skirmish, you may spot 3 Nazgul to make the Free Peoples player add a burden or 2 threats.

Thranduil

cool
"DáinIronfoot"
lem0nhead
Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 3:41 am
Looks fine to me.
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 11:24 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Thranduil wrote:
Minion • Nazgul
Fierce.
While you can spot 3 Nazgul, the Witch-King has muster.

It should be "gains muster", but otherwise a great card! GP

Thranduil wrote:
Minion • Nazgul
Fierce.
While you can spot X other Nazgul, each Nagul gains toil X.

What’s a "Nagul"? Razz I’m worried this could end up being OP, but since it doesn’t trigger until you already have him AND another Nazzie out (if I’m reading it right), it probably balances out. Barely. Consider limiting it to toil 2 and/or limiting it to Nazzies that do not ALREADY have toil (so that, for example, Witch-king CotNR doesn’t get out of whack), though those suggestions MAY not be necessary.

Toldea looks fine. Powerful, for sure, but fine. Thumbs Up
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Thranduil
Posted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 3:14 pm
I think Nelya is alright as to some extent the rest of this strategy depends on him.

As I liked him so much, this is a virtual reprint of the Age’s End Enqea:

6 • Ulaire Enquea, Wraith of the Nine Wraith
Minion • Nazgul
Str: 11
Fierce.
Maneuver:
Spot 6 companions (or 5 burdens) and discard a Nazgul from hand to wound an unbound companion.

And this guy is based on his twilight version:

6 • Ulaire Attea, Lieutenant of the Nine Wraith
Minion • Nazgul
Fierce.
At the start of the maneuver phase, you may spot 3 Nazgul to discard a follower or ally (or 5 Nazgul to discard 2 followers or 2 allies). The Free Peoples player may add 2 burdens to prevent this.

Thranduil
Last edited by Thranduil on Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:40 am; edited 2 times in total'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards