LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
lem0nhead
Posted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:49 am
Thranduil wrote:
I’ve changed Attea and Nertea, but I’m not sure what more I can do for Lemenya, lem0n, but if you have any good ideas, I will happily change him.

Hunter 2 perhaps, or just some other gametext.

5 • Ulaire Cantea, Phantom of the Nine Wraith
Minion • Nazgul
Str: 10
Vit: 3
Sit: 3
Fierce.
Each time Ulaire Cantea wins a skirmish, you may spot X other Nazgul to make the Free Peoples player discard X of their possessions from play.

Too strong, nice idea but way too powerful compared to other canteas. They could usually remove 2 at most. The threat one maybe more. This could blitz a fellowship of its stuff in 1 turn with forest guls.

4 • Ulaire Otsea, Specter of the Nine Wraith
Minion • Nazgul
Str: 9
Vit: 3
Sit: 3
Lurker.
Skirmish: Exert Ulaire Otsea and spot X other Nazgul to make a Nazgul strength +X (or strength +8 and fierce if you can spot 9 Nazgul).

Cool! The brackets are fine as if you can pull it off you deserve it!

Thranduil
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Thranduil
Posted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:20 am
Changed Cantea and Lemenya. If they’re not better, shout! Oh yes, I also forgot part of Otsea’s ability. If you have a problem with it, shout again.

That was unfortunately the end of the evil Nazgul, but here’s some slightly less evil stuff, but still a little evil! Twisted Evil

2 • Saruman’s Staff Isengard
Artifact • Staff
Str: +2
Vit: +1
Maneuver: Make the first sentence of Saruman’s game text not apply until the regroup phase.
Each time you play a spell or weather card, you may make Saruman strength +2 and fierce until the regroup phase.

And while on the subject of Saruman, here’s the next in the series that began this thread that I never finished:

2 • Rise of Saruman Isengard
Condition • Support Area
While you can spot Saruman and another Uruk-hai minion, each companion is resistance -1.
While you can spot Saruman and another Men or Dunland minion, each Man minion is strength +1.
While you can spot Saruman and 3 Isengard minions, cards in your support area cannot be discarded by Free Peoples cards.

Thranduil
Last edited by Thranduil on Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:18 am; edited 2 times in total'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
lem0nhead
Posted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:09 am
Thranduil wrote:

Artifact • Staff
Maneuver: Make the first sentence of Saruman’s game text not apply until the regroup phase.
Each time you play a spell or weather card, you may make Saruman strength +2 and damage +1 until the regroup phase.

Id make it +1 strength and limit the damage. Awesome if controlled.

Condition • Support Area
While you can spot Saruman and another Uruk-hai minion, each companion is resistance -1.
While you can spot Saruman and another Men or Dunland minion, each Man minion is strength +1.
While you can spot Saruman and another Isengard minion, cards in your support area cannot be discarded by Free Peoples cards.

Think the bottom one is too good, but otherwise sweet.

Thranduil
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Anvar
Posted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:32 am
Thranduil wrote:
Artifact • Staff
Each time you play a spell or weather card, you may make Saruman strength +2 and fierce until the regroup phase.

Love this card. Wish it was real... Sad

And while on the subject of Saruman, here’s the next in the series that began this thread that I never finished:

Condition • Support Area
While you can spot Saruman and 3 Isengard minions, cards in your support area cannot be discarded by Free Peoples cards.

I think this condition would work better as a non-unique condition, with each ability triggering on spotting Saruman with 1 other minion. The Isengard ability then also needs to stack, so something like "each Uruk-Hai is damage +1", or "Each Uruk-Hai is Strength +1 for each wound on a character in their skirmish" or "Every Uruk-Hai bearing a possession is an archer". Just some thoughts."

Thranduil
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 12:39 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Both look good, though I think you should cap the strength provided by the Staff’s ability at +4.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:09 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Thranduil wrote:

Artifact • Staff
Cool!

Condition • Support Area

nice cards!
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Thranduil
Posted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:28 pm
I will think on Anvar’s suggestions, but until then I have another card following the same theme as above:

1 Treachery and Deceit Gollum
Condition
Str: -2
Res: -1
To play, spot Gollum.
Plays on Gollum or Smeagol.
Each time bearer wins a skirmish, their owner may transfer this condition to another character.
If bearer is the Ring-bearer, he or she is strength and resistance +1.

Thranduil
Last edited by Thranduil on Thu Sep 20, 2007 4:40 pm; edited 1 time in total'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:33 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Thranduil wrote:
I will think on Anvar’s suggestions, but until then I have another card following the same theme as above:

Condition
To play, spot Gollum.
Each time bearer wins a skirmish, their owner may transfer this condition to another character.

Thranduil

interesting...quite weird overall...I would bump the strength minus down 1, maybe even make it -1 on all stats.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
lem0nhead
Posted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:15 pm
Sweet! So much fun and silly card!
NBarden
Posted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:11 am
Thranduil wrote:

Condition
To play, spot Gollum.

Thranduil

Love it. Load it on Gollum and throw it on Frodo. Twisted Evil Then drop some Goblin Runner and overwhelm Frodo.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards