LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
lem0nhead
Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:32 am
Thranduil wrote:

2 • The War of the Ring Sauron
Condition • Support Area
While you can spot 2 Shadow cultures, each site is a battleground.
While you can spot 3 Shadow cultures, each minion gains hunter 1.
While you can spot 4 Shadow cultures, each minion cannot take wounds (except during skirmish phases).
While you can spot 6 cultures, this condition cannot be discarded by Free Peoples cards.
’Mordor draws all wicked things, and the Dark Power was bending its will to gather them there.’

Very cool although im not sure why you need to make sites battlegrounds.

Thranduil
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Thranduil
Posted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:08 am
lem0nhead wrote:
Very cool although im not sure why you need to make sites battlegrounds.

Firstly, battlegrounds are the most useful site keyword. Not only do uruks use it, but so do some Orc Orcs and Men Men. Secondly, you don’t need to make them, but it is the War of the Ring!

Thanks for reviews. Next one:

2 • The Hunters Gondor
Condition • Support Area
While you can spot Gimli, Legolas gains hunter 1.
While you can spot Legolas, Aragorn gains hunter 1.
While you can spot Aragorn, Gimli gains hunter 1.
’We will make such a chase as shall be accounted a marvel among the Three Kindreds...’

This is so that you can use your Forth the three hunters deck with any versions of the three hunters!

Thranduil
Last edited by Thranduil on Fri Jun 29, 2007 1:32 pm; edited 1 time in total'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
lem0nhead
Posted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:30 am
Cant argue with that can you? Razz
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 1:22 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
[quote="Thranduil"]
lem0nhead wrote:

1 • The Hunters Gondor
Condition • Support Area
’We will make such a chase as shall be accounted a marvel among the Three Kindreds...’
Thranduil

maybe should cost 2.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 1:26 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Thranduil wrote:
lem0nhead wrote:

1 • The Hunters Gondor
Condition • Support Area

maybe should cost 2.

Seconded. Good card, though!
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Thranduil
Posted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 1:45 pm
Raised the cost. Thanks guys!

Now for the final card. As it represents the end of the age of the rings, I felt it had to tie up with artifacts and specifically The Three. I wanted it to represent a journey, and at the end of it the rings were gone. So, here it is:

2 • Age’s End Elven
Condition • Support Area
To play, spot 2 Elven cards.
Fellowship: If the fellowship is in region 1, exert a companion to take an artifact into hand from your draw deck.
While the fellowship is in region 2, each companion bearing an artifact is strength +1.
Maneuver: While the fellowship is in region 3, discard an artifact from play to heal a character. The first Shadow player may also use this ability.
... the Third Age was over, and the Days of the Rings were passed. and an end was come of the story and song of those times.

What do you guys think about me going on and doing 1 card for each set as well as block?

Thranduil
Last edited by Thranduil on Thu Jul 05, 2007 7:41 am; edited 3 times in total'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 2:39 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Thranduil wrote:
1 • Age’s End Elven
Condition • Support Area
Fellowship: If in region 1, exert a companion to take an artifact into hand from your draw deck.
While in region 2, each companion bearing an artifact is strength +1.
Maneuver: Discard an artifact from play to exert or heal a character. The first Shadow player may also use this ability.
... the Third Age was over, and the Days of the Rings were passed. and an end was come of the story and song of those times.

I think it should technically "...the fellowship is in region...", but I understand wanting to save on space, and it’s okay as is.

Thranduil wrote:
What do you guys think about me going on and doing 1 card for each set as well as block?

Sure! Thumbs Up
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
lem0nhead
Posted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 5:34 am
Thranduil wrote:

1 • Age’s End Elven
Condition • Support Area
Fellowship: If in region 1, exert a companion to take an artifact into hand from your draw deck.
Maneuver: Discard an artifact from play to exert or heal a character. The first Shadow player may also use this ability.

Yeah id do what DI said add put If the fellowship is in region 1, D would never phrase it like that even when in the frame of mind of making T&D!
I dont like the shadow player using the ability as shadow players should never be able to use fellowship cards. Maybe to do the same thing phrase it, then the 1st shadow player may discard an artifact to exert or heal a character. Do you intend it to be just "artifact" not free peoples or shadow? Are you leaving it open ended? Bit strong then as this would be the only card besides grond that could discard anduril etc..

Not following mate what do you mean?

Thranduil
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 10:24 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Thranduil wrote:

1 • Age’s End Elven
Condition • Support Area
Thranduil

that would work!
I would make it cost 2-3
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Thranduil
Posted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 3:57 am
And yes, it’s supposed to discard both Free Peoples and Shadow artifacts. The only Shadow artifacts that spring to mind are palantiri, all of which are gone or unusable by the end of the Third Age (apart from Aragorn’s), saruman’s staff which is destroyed by the end of the Third Age, and the Nine rings of the Nazgul which were also destroyed. All in all, I felt that Shadow artifacts had no more reason to exist in Age’s End than those of the Free Peoples.

Thanks for your reviews and I’ll have the changes made shortly.

As soon as I’m in proximity to a copy of the Lord of the Rings, I’ll put up a lore, but this is the first of my ’set’ cards:

2 • Mines of Moria Moria
Condition • Support Area
While the fellowship is in region 2 and you can spot 2 Orcs, each site is underground.
While you can spot 3 Orc or Moria cards, each underground site’s Shadow number is +1.
’The road may lead to Moria, but how can we hope that it will lead through Moria?’

EDIT: I meant for the last ability on Age’s End to only work in region 3. Embarassed If there are any new thoughts, don’t hesitate to tell me.

Thranduil
Last edited by Thranduil on Tue Jul 03, 2007 1:46 pm; edited 2 times in total'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards