LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Age's End
Which applies to you?

Bought some and liked it  
56%
  [ 9 ]  56%

Bought some and didn't like it  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Didnt buy any but liked the look  
31%
  [ 5 ]  31%

Didnt buy any because it looked rubbish  
12%
  [ 2 ]  12%

Was completely not fussed by its release  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 16
lem0nhead
Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:06 am
Was just wondering after the mixed reception this set got how many people bought it and how many people liked/disliked it. How do you feel about the last ever LOTR set.

Did you think it was a good or bad way to end the 6 year run?

(Personally i thought it was good, could have been better, but some of the cards are well cool and ill enjoy using them and looking back on the set with fond memories.)
Last edited by lem0nhead on Fri Jun 29, 2007 8:05 am; edited 1 time in totalBan shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
BearerOfQuality
Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:50 am
I second that. Although some of the cards were a bit of a dissapointment (Sam, Loyal Friend for one, and pretty much all the Nazgul), there are some fantastic cards (Aragorn, Gollum, Smeagol, Boromir) and there are some real nostalgic cards (Eomer, Legolas, Frodo), I think it was a nice way to end a game, and an Age. Very much looking forward to getting the new Gollum and Aragorn into decks!
http://trade.mahasamatman.com/Rings/list_show.pl?user=harrisonl
(needs updating)

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix - Best. Film. Ever.
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:55 am
I really like the new Smeagol, and the rest doesn’t look half-bad. Sure, a few cards were broken, but I think Decipher did a pretty good job.
I had to put something here.
LeoKula
Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 11:01 am
An option is missing... it’s "I liked it but I’m broke so I didn’t buy any" LoL Laughing Laughing Laughing

Anyway I liked it, specially the nazguls (awesome Twisted Evil )and the conditions.
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 11:40 am
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
BoG, how could you not like the nazzies? Nertea alone is one of the most powerful cards ever to grace LOTR.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
BearerOfQuality
Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:04 pm
Doh! Forgot about that one! Nertea is a great card, but I just really dislike the other ones. The Witch-King was a little dissapointing, though good for cycling in a Nazgul swarm. Cool picture as well.

Looking at the set as a whole (and hearing stern words has indeed, a drawback!) I’d sat that I liked roughly half the cards (really dislike the hot potato cards, but ther are only so many times you can say that!) and I would probably use only a quarter of the set.

But still, other than a few broken cards, a nice little set to end the game with.
(needs updating)

sickofpalantirs
Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:26 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
it could have been better, but after T&D it was surprisingly cool!
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
BearerOfQuality
Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:31 pm
Exactly! The only cards I really wanted from T&D were few at best and there were a fair few broken cards so it was nice to see a simple little set
(needs updating)

lem0nhead
Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:54 pm
Looking good so far everyone has liked it whether they bought it or not!
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
BearerOfQuality
Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:58 pm
It’s definitely a nostalgia thing though. I think most people are of the opinion that though some cards are a little broken, some are a bit pointless (along with the fellowship keyword) and a few are great, this has been a good way to end an era.
(needs updating)

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Age's End