LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:40 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
i have no ideas. I am sorry but I can’t think of anything, and I don’t like shadow followers anyway Wink

IMHO just declare M64 the winner post Ac and D_I’s DC’s and we will vote on them to see who gets second
Only the two of them could get it anyway.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
lem0nhead
Posted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:57 pm
Ok good idea SoP. But i want to post mine anyway! Though im not sure Dain’s was what i was going for but doesnt matter as its a bonus.

Dain

4Lord Gothmog, High Captain of Angband Sauron
Follower
Strength +3
Vitality +1
Aid – 3 or remove 2 burdens.
Each time you transfer this to a minion, except a Balrog, wound bearer twice and remove 2.
When you transfer this to a minion, you may play an artifact of bearer’s culture from your draw deck on bearer.
Each time bearer wins a skirmish, you may discard X cards from hand to discard a Free Peoples card (except a companion) with a twilight cost of X.
“...he was Captain of the Balrogs and lord of Melkor’s hosts....”

AC

2 •The Balrog, Servant of Melkor Moria
Follower
Strength +4
Aid - Discard 3 cards from hand.
While bearer is skirmishing a companion with resistance 2 or less, that companion cannot use skirmish special abilities.

lem0n

2 • The Balrog, Servant of Morgoth Moria
Follower
Strength: +3
Aid - Exert 2 minions. (At the start of the maneuver phase you may exert 2 minions to transfer this to a minion.)
While bearer is underground it is strength +1.
Each Wizard skirmishing bearer is strength -1.
"As he lept forth at last into the open air, his power and fire rekindled with a blaze of dread..."

Please vote for your favourite.
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 2:12 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
lem0nhead wrote:
Ok good idea SoP. But i want to post mine anyway! Though im not sure Dain’s was what i was going for but doesnt matter as its a bonus.

Crazy Uncle Dáin wrote:
4Lord Gothmog, High Captain of Angband Sauron
Follower
Strength +3
Vitality +1
Aid – 3 or remove 2 burdens.
Each time you transfer this to a minion, except a Balrog, wound bearer twice and remove 2.
When you transfer this to a minion, you may play an artifact of bearer’s culture from your draw deck on bearer.
Each time bearer wins a skirmish, you may discard X cards from hand to discard a Free Peoples card (except a companion) with a twilight cost of X.
“...he was Captain of the Balrogs and lord of Melkor’s hosts....”

Heh. I kinda figured that wasn’t what you meant, actually, but I didn’t want to do the same old thing everyone else was likely going to do. You left it JUST vague enough that I figured I could do mine the way I did and claim a gaping loophole. Razz

By the way, as an editor’s note (which you can add if you want, lem0n), I went with "Lord Gothmog" rather than just "Gothmog" to avoid confusion and conflict with the existing Gothmog orc. I know the "Lord" sounds kind of off, but I had to do SOMETHING like that to make it work.

AC wrote:
2 •The Balrog, Servant of Melkor Moria
Follower
Strength +4
Aid - Discard 3 cards from hand.
While bearer is skirmishing a companion with resistance 2 or less, that companion cannot use skirmish special abilities.

Pretty good. Relatively balanced with that aid cost, though it’s awfully easy to splash in with ANY minion deck. Not necessarily a bad thing, especially since The Balrog is usually splashable anyway, but it’s something that turns me off a bit.

lem0n wrote:
2 • The Balrog, Servant of Morgoth Moria
Follower
Strength: +3
Aid - Exert 2 minions. (At the start of the maneuver phase you may exert 2 minions to transfer this to a minion.)
While bearer is underground it is strength +1.
Each Wizard skirmishing bearer is strength -1.
"As he lept forth at last into the open air, his power and fire rekindled with a blaze of dread..."

Heh, two similiar subtitles. Laughing I actually like AC’s aid cost a little better, but yours makes sense too. Again, very splashable, which is a mark against it, IMO. I like the Wizard hate, and the underground bonus (though a little rewording could do it some good).

Hmmm. Toughie, but I’ll go with AC. The ability on his puts it over the top. Very close, though.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Thranduil
Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:44 am
I like all of them, but I agree with DI with the splashability. So I’m going with DI.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 6:48 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Di for a cool card and exploiting a loophole to make it cooler Wink
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
menace64
Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:02 am
Well here’s my entry (better late than never, I ’spose).

3 *The Balrog, Lord of Creepy Hallways Moria
Follower
Aid - 0.
Each time the fellowship moves to a creepy site, you may transfer The Balrog from your support area to a companion. If that companion has poor vision, exert him or her twice.
"’Man, I’m gettin’ a weird vibe in this place... it’s almost as if. Oh, crap!! Run y’alls! It’s the Balrog!!!’"
Riddle 9
When I came to Abraham I let him live just a moment longer. When I came to Moses I saved his life more than once. But the salmon... I regret to say I had a hand in its death.

Who am I?
Shieldmaiden
Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 3:48 pm
Joined: 07 May 2007 Posts: 389 Location: Edinburgh, Scotland
menace64, LOL, ya all!! Laughing 40-41 GP

*Ahem* Back to business...

The other 2 cards are really good, but you can’t beat Crazy Uncle Dain’s originality. And there’s huge incentive to use this guy for Balrogs only. Great card all around...

Dain
Trade With Me, I went to Middle Earth, and all I got was this stupid ring!

Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I stuck around.
NBarden
Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:53 pm
Menace.

Really, Dain.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:33 am
lem0n. His follower was easy to be splashed, which is what I made my card to be. Yay for splashability! Dancing

- AC
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
lem0nhead
Posted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:36 am
Hehe just what i was thinking which is why ditto my vote goes to AC. The Balrog doesnt work WITH anything it should just jump in randomly and scare people!

Besides i though DI’s was a little too complicated. There was too much gametext.

Seconded, YAY for splashing!
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards