LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion
ingold55
Posted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 4:40 pm
Joined: 10 Oct 2005 Posts: 1199 Location: Out on the front line
The first thing I would like to know, is whether Conor is keeping the store credit open and running?

If not, how is this for continuing it.

I have several groups of cards from Rotk block. And have no use for them they are mostly C’s and U’s.

My thought is that we continue the article contest, and the winner (over all) will recieve four or five C’s and U’s.

well it is up for ideas on how to keep the contest going. this is just one idea.

thanks,
ingold
There is a power in this world beyond any of us, and Jesus is that power and The Savior.

Cool this is my attempt to look cool.
Trade list (Want Balrogs and Aragorns)
bobtheorc
Posted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:25 pm
Joined: 19 Mar 2006 Posts: 1218 Location: Wow, its hot in Iowa
i know that conor said that there would not be prize support for LOTR TCG and the MTG article contests after june..
Exclamation Ban the Overpowered OrcsExclamation
"Don't panic, I have paper!" - Taipan Popcorn
Is that Grima, Grief Counselor? - legolamb
Bobtheorcs Uruk-Hai Dcs
Bob’s wonderful !! updated !! Trade list
Felipe Musco
Posted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:22 pm
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
Article contests are gone. However, I’m writing one to help in the transition between LotR and MtG in case anyone feels like learning the game and taking a shot at it. Also, I’ll keep encouraging the MtG Article Contest for newcomers by awarding some cards (mostly C’s and U’s, and ALL of them Standard or, at most, Extended, and always in great condition, of course) to good writers. Great way to get foreign languages as well as a small base to start on, right?
I don't like YOU.
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:27 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Good thoughts on card prizes. I may be able to contribute in the future, although my collection isn’t that big.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 8:57 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
why not just organize GP prizes? like getting people to award certain amounts of GP to winners.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
ingold55
Posted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 9:17 am
Joined: 10 Oct 2005 Posts: 1199 Location: Out on the front line
that is an idea, but what is the fun in it? It is more fun to get a prize.
There is a power in this world beyond any of us, and Jesus is that power and The Savior.

Cool this is my attempt to look cool.
Trade list (Want Balrogs and Aragorns)
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 9:19 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.

Gp are prizes
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Felipe Musco
Posted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 9:55 am
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
Hey, that’s my ol’ Lancelot!!! Laughing
I don't like YOU.
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 3:29 pm
How about an Article Prize Committee: if 10 or so people signed up, then 2-3 members could donate 2-3 good rares each month, which would make a fairly good prize without one person giving up half their collection to run it by themselves.

Or even better, there could be 3 branches to the Committee: a rare branch, a C/U branch, and a GP branch. What say, guys?
I had to put something here.
legoles3333
Posted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 3:34 pm
Joined: 28 Nov 2006 Posts: 861 Location: In a place that is beyond your imagination
good idea AP, i could be part of any of the 3 commitees, and, i now have a promise keeping....
Here's My Trade List
I have taken an oath of poverty, to annoy me, send money
I am a trained assassin catcher

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion