LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Gameplay Questions
Hazael
Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 1:04 am
Take a look at the game text on this card, Concealment.

When it says ". . .cannot use special abilities.", what exactly does that include? Would it prevent all game text on minion cards ...minons, posessions, events, conditions? I dont think it would include events, because look at Faramir, Son of Denethor. His game text specifically says ". . .skirmish events or skirmish special abilities."

Also, the card doesnt give a specific amount of time the card is still active. Im thinking it would end at the end of your turn, but Im not sure.

Thanks!
Some of the best scenarios on EE...
Up All Night Productions
Cobra
Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 2:28 am
Skirmish events last only through the skirmish in which they are played. When you play Concealment, your opponent is prevented from using the special abilities of minions, conditions, and so on, but the effect wears off when the current skirmish ends.

A "special ability" is gametext that the player chooses to activate, and it always (I think) follows a bolded timing keyword. For example, "Skirmish: Discard Gimli’s Helm to prevent all wounds to him," or "Response: If the Free Peoples player plays an event, spot another Men Man and discard this minion from play to cancel that event." (Pop quiz -- what card is that? Laughing )

Special abilities do NOT include events, nor do they include "passive" gametext (for example, "Aragorn is strength +1 for each Gondor card that has a token on it").

Make sense? Cool
http://cobracards.com -- Web's best deals on Trading Card Games.
Hazael
Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 2:47 am
aahhhhhhh!

Things are clearing up now. Smile

As for the pop quiz: Embarassed I dont know any of the new culture cards. If you asked me what the strategy of any of these new cultures were, I would have no idea. I’m still trying to figure out the old cultures like Dwarven, Gollum, Isengard, and Sauron. I guess I just left those cultures up to tOO and Phazanzar to figure out.
Some of the best scenarios on EE...
Up All Night Productions
exarrkun
Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 1:26 pm
Cobra wrote:

A "special ability" is gametext that the player chooses to activate, and it always (I think) follows a bolded timing keyword.

true
there’s been some discution in our country for this too Smile

As for the pop quiz:14 R 10 Furious Hillman Cool
a story that has a happy ending is a story that isn't over yet...

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Gameplay Questions