LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Deck Clinics » Extended (Type 1.X)
syndrome
Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 2:21 am
This is a deck that consists of a lot of cards that are in the bait and switch deck, mixed with some cards I just had laying around. The idea is to steal your opponents creatures, and then slaughter him/her with them. You have several flying/flying capable cards to defend against flying, or fly over their grounded units, as well as some unsummon cards to mop up the enemies before attacking.

You also have Arcanis the Omnipotent and 4 Rhystic Studies to give you increased drawing, as well as cards spy network to rearrange the top cards of your deck to let you set up the stack in your favor. Trickery charm is perfect for this deck, as changing creature types works wonderously with peer pressure, flying use useful if you need to get in a little extra damage, or you can choose to use it like a spy network to allow you to rearrange your deck a bit.

It usually wins quite quickly Very Happy

Oh, and I take reality twist out a lot...because people just don’t like playing against it, and I admit... its exremely cheap. But its fun to play on the field and watch your opponents expression (assuming they don’t have one of the many ways around it Smile).

Without further ado:

Phazanzar’s Creature Control / Draw Blue Deck[60]:
Creatures[19]:
x1 Arcanis the Omnipotent
x1 Mistform Mutant
x2 Mistform Shrieker
x4 Mistform Wall
x4 Mistform Dreamer
x2 Mistform Stalker
x1 Clone (I’m going to add 3 more in place of x1 wall and x1 dreamer (making the deck +1 card in the end))
x4 Imagecrafter
Instants, Interrupts, and Sorceries[12]:
x2 Peer Pressure
x3 Trickery Charm
x3 Spy Network
x2 Unsummon
x2 Counterspell
Enchantments[9]:
x4 Rhystic Study
x1 Reality Twist
x1 Flood
x1 Rhystic Deluge
x1 Abduction (going to replace with x2 bribery)
x1 Mana Chains
Lands[20]:
x20 Island
syndrome
Posted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:49 pm
I do not think I’ve ever lost playing this deck thus far... I lent it to Hazael and he managed to biff it... but he’s new to the MTG scene. In my hands... I do believe it’s undefeated Very Happy
http://myspace/delicatesituation
syndrome
Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 4:12 pm
I ordered a couple Nameless One, some crown of ascension s, along with some other cards. I’ll update the decklist when they arrive (hopefully tomorrow.)
http://myspace/delicatesituation
La_Sin_Grail
Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 10:36 pm
Actually, I have a Wizard deck that rather powns out, it’s pretty much legions block T2, except for Azami...

Patron Wizards
Azamis
Supreme Inquisitor
Nameless One
A lot of other wizards that cost not very much to play.
Oh yea- Urza’s Incubator- Wizards Very Happy

It works surprisingly well, incredible casual fun! It’s very good for casual, too!

I’d recommend you try it out sometime.

One note- NEVER, under any circumstances, should you attack with this deck. Ever. Always mill out their library with inquisitor. And bounce all permanents to their hand with temporal adept until they have no board and can’t play anything because of patron, and you’ve drawn everything because you can just stall until an Azami, who draws everything you need. So cheap Very Happy
syndrome
Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 9:47 pm
I just finished my improved decklist... I pitted it against my sister (she was using my snake deck) and I found out it does really nice with all those creature bonuses snakes get Very Happy (wakecaster ftw). Crown of Ascension was also a nice call, as I can already tell... put it on Mistform Ultimus then discard = every creature I control gains flying hehe.

I’m thinking about adding in a couple cryptic gateway so i can splash my snake legends in the deck Very Happy. Oh and also, I’ll be using the x2 Konda’s Banner from my snake deck in this one when I play against my friends (bringing the total amount of cards to 62.)*

* Unless I replace the spynetworks as I might... like mentioned below.

The Borg are Coming! (Mono-Blue Control)[60]:
Creatures[20]:
4 Imagecrafter
3 Mistform Warchief
3 Mistform Wakecaster
2 Mistform Wall
2 Clone
2 Nameless One
1 Mistform Skyreaver
1 Mistform Shrieker
1 Mistform Ultimus
1 Arcanis the Omnipotent
Enchantments[8]:
4 Rhystic Study
4 Crown of Ascension
Sorceries[6]:
4 Peer Pressure
2 Bribery
Instants[6]:
3 Trickery Charm
3 Spy Network (might be replacing for x1 trickery charm + x2 konda’s banner)

Strategem:
Ok, first thing you’ll notice... there are quite a few expensive spells. Your remedy for this, is Trickery Charm/Spy Network in conjunction with Rhystic Study and later Arcanis the Omnipotent one to draw, draw, and draw more. IMO, they really need to reprint Rhystic Study... it is a nice card. For those who have no knowledge of it:

Rhystic Study wrote:
Rhystic Study - 2U
Enchantment [Prophecy]

Whenever an opponent plays a spell, you may draw a card unless that player pays 1.

Then, using Mistform Ultimus, Imagecrafter, and all your little 1: change creature type to... abilities to set up things like Crown of Ascension and Peer Pressure. Mistform Wakecaster ’s 2UU: All creatures gain... works like a charm in this deck.. it is your best friend!

I’d just like to note Mistform Ultimus ’ usefullness... he is EVERY creature type. Meaning he counts as a ninja when you need more ninjas than your opponent to take all of them from him... it means when you put crown of ascension on him, and discard it, all your creatures gain flying. Love him.

Yeah... I lost my train of thought, but you get the point. You will own every creature on the field... and to boot, they’ll be flying when you need them to be.

Oh and bribery is fun too ^_^
Last edited by syndrome on Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:17 am; edited 1 time in totalhttp://myspace/delicatesituation
Hazael
Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:16 am
yeah I did "biff" it, but I had no idea what to do lol.

I look at the cards in my hand, and if I dont understand one of them, I just ignore it the rest of the game. Very Happy

I should have kept the reality twist out longer. That might have helped.
Some of the best scenarios on EE...
Up All Night Productions

Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Deck Clinics » Extended (Type 1.X)