LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Deck Clinics » Standard (Type 2)
elf lvr
Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:59 am
Lands: (24)
Orzhov Basilica
Swamp x6
Plains x17

Creatures: (2Cool
Angel of Salvation (Flyer, damage prevention)
Angel of Despair (Flyer, removal)
Calciderm x2
Blind Hunter
Knight of Sursi
Cavalry Master
Aven Riftwatcher x2
Amrou Seekers x3
Riftmarked Knight x2
Outrider en-Kor x2
Blightspeaker
Amrou Scout x2
Errent Doomsayers x3
Blade of the Sixth Pride x4
Knight of the Holy Nimbus
Soltari Priest
Children of Korlis (Life gain)

Enchantments: (2)
Bound In Silence (can be fetched by Amrou Scout or Blightspeaker)

Sorceries: (2)
Sunlance
Marshaling Cry

Instants: (4)
Dawn Charm x3
Mortify

This deck is... sorta all over the place. It has flyers (for easy damage), flankers (to get rid of the blockers they have) and some cards that stop the opponent’s creatures from blocking you (Bound In Silence and Errant Doomsayers). A bit of creature protection (Dawn Charm, Angel of Salvation). Some just plain beatdown (Calciderm). And a little lifegain (Blind Hunter, Children of Korlis).

Again, what sets could I buy to make this better? In what direction should I take this deck?
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
Felipe Musco
Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:07 pm
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
And yet again, too much going on at once! But don’t worry, it’s normal to do that when you’re just starting, either for lack of deeper knowledge of the game, or for plain lack of cards. SO, let’s focus on the rebels, now, shall we? Rebels are all about chaining, so you should keep as many rebels around as possible. Some creatures that do not fit are ok to have aroung if they’re specially good, but keep in mind that you shouldn’t overdo it. Now, in order for this deck to be awesome, you should be able to bury your opponent in card advantage! I’d suggest the non-budgetary Phyrexian Arena for doing so, but it’s going down with 9th edition, so stay clear of it for now, and keep a sharp eye for the Cho-Manno, Revolutionary _ Pariah combo that will be brought back with 10th edition (i other words, by the monowhite starter from 10th edition, they are both in it.
So, I’d start from here:

4 Amrou Scout
4 Blightspeaker
4 Rathi Trapper
4 Aven Riftwatcher
4 Griffin Guide
4 Bound in Silence
4 Big Game Hunter
2 Ramosian Revivalist
4 Mortify
4 Calciderm

Sideboard:
3 Ghostway
3 Tormod’s Crypt
4 Errant Doomsayers
1 Angel of Despair
1 Angel of Salvation
3 Circle of Protection: Red

Now, I’m not good with rebels, so all I did was mainly cram the better ones together, making for a steady stream AND adding the revivalist to both recur creatures and Bound in Silence to keep more and more threats at bay. I moved your Angels to the sideboard so they’re only used when necessary, as well as Doomsayers, the Trapper is just plain better. CoP: Red is great against some of the most proeminent beatdowns. The rest, well, check the THallid dcks, it’s pretty much for the same reason, although Big Game Hunter and Mortify make your deck more resilient to big threats, but a steady stream of them, or a "bomby" one WILL spell trouble.
I don't like YOU.

Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Deck Clinics » Standard (Type 2)