LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
Napoleon Dynamite
Posted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 7:12 am
Joined: 12 Jul 2007 Posts: 3 Location: Wherever I feel like I want to be Gawsh
4 Aragorn, Commander of the Dunadain Gondor
Strength 8
Vitality 4
Resistance 8
Skirmish If Aragorn is assigned to skirmish exert him 3 times (or twice if the Ring-Bearer is wounded) to have him replace a ring-bound companion in a skirmish.
Rare

4 Gandalf, Friend to All Gandalf
Strength 7
Vitality 4
Resistance 8
Fellowship If the Fellowship is at a dwelling site, exert Gandalf twice to play a companion from your draw deck.
Last edited by Napoleon Dynamite on Sun Jul 15, 2007 1:28 pm; edited 2 times in total
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 7:49 am
Napoleon Dynamite wrote:
4 Aragorn, Protective Guide (gondor)
Skirmish Exert Aragorn 3 times to have him replace a ring-bound companion in a skirmish
Rare

Good text, except that he needs to be unique. You might want to re-format it, though, so it looks like this:

4 • Aragorn, Protective Guide Gondor
Strength: 8
Vitality: 4
Resistance: 8
Skirmish: Exert Aragorn 3 times to have him replace a Ring-bound companion in a skirmish.
R

You can make twilight costs by enclosing the number in brackets, and the same goes for cultures. The subtitle could use changing, though, considering Aragorn, Guide and Protector.

Napoleon Dynamite wrote:
4 Gandalf, Restored (gandalf)
Fellowship Exert Gandalf twice to play a companion from your draw deck

Good, except you need to re-format it and change the subtitle (Gandalf, Returned).
I had to put something here.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 8:06 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
the formatting needs work (see Ap’s post) but the DC’s both had interesting concepts! good job.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
NBarden
Posted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 12:14 pm
Yeah, work on formatting.

I think that Gandalf is to powerful. Maybe tone him down some. Aragorn is nice, but maybe a little underpowered.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
Gate Troll
Posted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 4:13 pm
Joined: 15 Aug 2006 Posts: 384 Location: Udun Vale, Home of the one and only... Gate Troll!
Napoleon Dynamite wrote:
4 Aragorn, Protective Guide (gondor)
Skirmish Exert Aragorn 3 times to have him replace a ring-bound companion in a skirmish
Rare

4 Gandalf, Restored (gandalf)
Fellowship Exert Gandalf twice to play a companion from your draw deck

I like ’em; nice and balanced. Applause Good job.
"Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men. It is the spirit of the men who follow and of the man who leads that gains that victory."-George S. Patton.
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 8:31 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Suggestion for Aragorn: make the ability "If Aragorn is not assigned to a skirmish, exert him 3 times (or 2 times if the Ring-bearer is wounded) to have him replace a Ring-bound companion in a skirmish." Not necessary, but I would definately add the "If Aragorn is not assigned to a skirmish" bit, and the wounded Ring-bearer thing makes his ability easier sometimes, which helps him from being underpowered as NBarden cautioned.

For Gandalf, perhaps have that ability work only at certain sites or regions. Like:

Fellowship: If the fellowship is in region 1, exert Gandalf twice to play a companion from your draw deck.

...or...

Fellowship: If the fellowship is at a sanctuary, exert Gandalf twice to play a companion from your draw deck.

...or even...

Fellowship: If Gandalf is unwounded, exert him twice to play a companion from your draw deck.

Just a number of different suggestions.

Overall, though, not bad for a first try. Not bad at all. Thumbs Up
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Thranduil
Posted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 12:33 pm
Firstly, Dunadan is the singular, Dunadain is the plural.

Secondly, go with either the first or second of Dain’s suggestion, or maybe a dwelling instead of a sanctuary.

Thirdly, great cards! Thumbs Up

Fourthly, I hope to see more cards from you in the future!

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards