LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 2:02 pm
If you’ve read the story, then you know the two unfortunate folks whom Glaurung cast a spell upon.

If you haven’t read the story, though, then you don’t even know who Glaurung is. Razz

A quick run-down: Glaurung is a Dragon, commanded by Melkor (aka Morgoth), who is notorious for Dragon-ish stuff like burning, pillaging, plundering, etc. But more importantly, he cast spells upon Túrin and Niënor, who happen to be siblings. Spoiler Warning: Due to Glaurung’s spell, though, Niënor undergoes a literal mind-wipe and forgets her past, and eventually marries her brother Túrin, unbeknownst to the both of them that they are actually brother and sister.

But now for the Adventurers themselves, in all of their spell-castee glory:

4Túrin, Prey of the Dragon-spell White
Companion • Man
Strength: 7
Vitality: 4
Resistance: Ring 5
Hunter 2.
Spell-bound. While you can spot another White Man, Túrin is resistance +2.
While Túrin is the Adventurer, at the start of each skirmish involving him, add 2 burdens or discard 2 White cards from hand.
”…he fell under the dreadful spell of the dragon….”

2Niënor, Captive of Glaurung’s Spell White
Companion • Man
Strength: 6
Vitality: 3
Spell-bound. Niënor is resistance +1 for each of the following you can spot: Húrin, Morwen, and Túrin.
While Niënor is the Adventurer, at the start of each skirmish involving her, add 2 burdens or exert 2 White companions.
”Then he drew her eyes into his, and her will swooned.”
Last edited by Anonymous Prodigy on Mon Jul 16, 2007 3:35 pm; edited 3 times in totalI had to put something here.
gil-estel
Posted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 2:10 pm
Joined: 25 Apr 2007 Posts: 545 Location: Groningen, the Netherlands
Companion • Man
Hunter 1.
Spell-bound. Túrin is resistance +1 for each other White Man you can spot (limit +4).
While Túrin is the Adventurer, at the start of each skirmish involving him, add 2 burdens or discard 3 White cards from hand.

Nice card but I think, being these two the only spellbearers, the drawback is pretty huge. Storywise, what cultures do you have? I mean, the evil men he was a captain of, will those have his culture? If so, don’t you think that was bad for his resistance? As for Beleg, he had a possitive influence, but he was an Elf. Just some thoughts...

Companion • Man
Resistance: Ring 4
Spell-bound. Niënor is resistance +1 for each of the following you can spot: Húrin, Morwen, and Túrin.
While Niënor is the Adventurer, at the start of each skirmish involving her, add 2 burdens or exert 2 White companions.
”Then he drew her eyes into his, and her will swooned.”[/quote]

Like the fact you name certain characters here, I mean specified it. But also, big drawback, I guess....
My trading list
My main wants
My refs
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 2:22 pm
gil-estel wrote:
Nice card but I think, being these two the only spellbearers, the drawback is pretty huge. Storywise, what cultures do you have? I mean, the evil men he was a captain of, will those have his culture? If so, don’t you think that was bad for his resistance? As for Beleg, he had a possitive influence, but he was an Elf. Just some thoughts...

The outlaws will get their own culture (Black), and Túrin is in it (Túrin, Neithan). Thumbs Up

gil-estel wrote:
Like the fact you name certain characters here, I mean specified it. But also, big drawback, I guess....

The White culture (Dor-lómin) is (so far) the largest culture in the set, and Morwen, Húrin, and Túrin get a LOT of attention.
I had to put something here.
lem0nhead
Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:06 am
Anonymous Prodigy wrote:

Companion • Man
Hunter 1.
Spell-bound. Túrin is resistance +1 for each other White Man you can spot (limit +4).
While Túrin is the Adventurer, at the start of each skirmish involving him, add 2 burdens or discard 3 White cards from hand.

Cool but isnt resistance potentially 9 just off the companion a bit too high for such a good adventurer? Smart ARB though.

Companion • Man

This seems like amore balanced ARB (adventurer). Thumbs Up

Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:36 am
lem0nhead wrote:
Cool but isnt resistance potentially 9 just off the companion a bit too high for such a good adventurer?

Edited. How is he now?
lem0nhead
Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:47 am
Better. It still seems toe easy though, if you see where im going with this. Galadriel was base 3 you have to play lots of elves, gimli you have to make him lots of damage, isildur and boromir can only get better if you play the scroll of isildur.

This guy only has to spot a man or as before a few of them and his base 5 jumps up and surely you’d start with a companion of his culture anyway. Dont know of an alternative though so maybe i should just shut up! Silenced

Its fine AP i was just trying to illustrate my point.
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:16 am
I dropped his base resistance to 4. Thumbs Up
lem0nhead
Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:18 am
Ok doke! Sorry to force my opinion on you i was hoping you’d see where i was coming from. As he was id love to have used him as the Adventurer he’s hard with high res.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 3:10 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Anonymous Prodigy wrote:

Companion • Man
Hunter 2.
Spell-bound. While you can spot another White Man, Túrin is resistance +2.
make it 2 W cards

Companion • Man

works
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 3:24 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
I actually think they’re both a little harsh. I’d raise their base resistance to 5, or reduce their drawbacks a bit.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards