LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded
gizlivadi
Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:18 pm
Joined: 07 Jul 2007 Posts: 110 Location: how to keep a stupid busy? (read my signature)
my first post, well since i live in chile, i only have access up to bloodlines sets (it sucks)

ok here it comes

frodo, reclutant adventurer + the one ring, the ruling ring

sam, son of hamfast (starter)
aragorn, strider (starter)
pippin, friend to frodo (starter)

companions (7):

gimli, dwarf of the mountain-race
legolas, dauntless hunter
arwen, elven rider
gandalf, leader of the company
merry, friend to sam
boromir, defender of minas tirith
halbarad, ranger of the north

possesions (6):

hobbit sword x3
athelas
knife of the galadhrim
horn of boromir

artifacts:

phial of galadriel, the light of earendil

events: (10)

hobbit stealth x2
swordsman of the northern kingdom x2
swordarm of the white tower x2
pathfinder x2

allies (2):

elrond, lord of rivendellx2
ottar, man of laketownx2

conditions:

no stranger to the shadows
natural cover x2

well this is... well first play arwen at the prancing pony, then play on her (or on aragorn) NSTTS (i usually have on my hand, and, if do not, keep on reading), then make my way to trollshaw forest. then move to council courtyard and play boromir and usually halbarad, elrond and ottar, and so on playing gimli before moving to the bridge of khazad-dum if you know the card texts youll know how these great allies work... i think it is a great theme deck for a country that only has cards up to bloodlines (though my favourite block is fotr, nobody would read this there)

rate please and please rate my english! comments and opinions will be accepted happily. i have many other decks, like my new elf/dwarf deck i think i will post it soon...
Last edited by gizlivadi on Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Anautikus
Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:21 pm
How can you be sure to get all the cards out? It’s very improbable.
My Haves/Wants
Let's Trade! Cool

"Don't waste your time, or time will waste you..."
gizlivadi
Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:31 pm
Joined: 07 Jul 2007 Posts: 110 Location: how to keep a stupid busy? (read my signature)
sorry for double posting, but i dont know what the choice of luthien and arwen’s fate are doing there, im gonna replace them for natural cover

note: ignore the choice of luthien and arwen’s fate and mentally put natural cover instead Mr. Green

i was looking for months for bill the pony and habits of home but nobody had them, so dont ask me for those to put in my deck

well...
gizlivadi
Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:38 pm
well the aragorn thing its just play him on the prancing pony, and i usually had, well, like 4 copies of nstts (i play at home) arwen, mmm i dont know she comes in my starting hand most of the times and for the gandalf thing, i was recently putting merry, sam and pippin, (at first i used gandalf starting, so i could play ottar and elrond and for them, sorry, but i missed the x2 on both of them Embarassed since they are allies, i dont pay too much attention to them Mr. Green thats it
gizlivadi
Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:40 pm
again dp: can i edit my already posted comments??? you know, for the x2 thing

i really was very surprised for the fast reply...
gizlivadi
Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:55 pm
or, of course, start with aragorn, play pippin or merry with farmer maggot’s fields, then play arwen with the prancing pony and then hope to get ottar and elrond which i can actually play with this strategy Shocked
gizlivadi
Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:00 pm
fixed.
gizlivadi
Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:03 pm
and..... i forgot it! an able guide!!!
NBarden
Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:40 pm
Whoa. Scary.

Anyway, shouldn’t this be in open format?

Sam and Legolas are banned. But, since you’re running banned cards, who cares? Run Merry, From O’er the Brandywine or Merry, Loyal Companion, Pippin, and Gimli in your starting fellowship. Don’t use strider at all, pull Aragorn, Heir to the White City with The Prancing Pony. Use Pathfinder to try to get Green Dragon Inn in play to grab Sam.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
NBarden
Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:04 pm
Now I had some time to review it properly, and maybe ignore my initial advice.

Cut Sam, Pippin, Merry, Arwen, Legolas, Gandalf, Halbarad (I thought you said you could get no cards after Bloodlines?), and Boromir. Start Gimli, Dwarf of the Mountain Race, and Duinhir, Tall Man of Blackroot Vale.

Use The Prancing Pony to grab Aragorn. A few Bill the Pony and you’re set.

Anduril, King’s Blade is a must for Aragorn, you need defender. Consider I Will Go as well.

Cut Hobbit Stealth and Swordsman of the Northern Kingdom for 4x Dagger Strike. Get 2 extra Pathfinder and some more Athelas. Power According To his Stature is a must have for choke decks.

Here’s what I would have.

(33 cards)

frodo, reluctant adventurer + The One Ring, The Ruling Ring (get a better ring if possible. AtaR?)

Gimli, Dwarf of the Mountain-Race
Duinhir, Tall Man of Blackroot Vale

Aragorn, Heir to the White City

Hobbit Sword
Athelas x 3
Knife of the Galadhrim
Dwarven Axe
Hand Axe
Gondorian Blade
Flaming Brand x 2
Bill the Pony

Anduril, King’s Blade
Ring of Fury

Dagger Strike x 4
Swordarm of the White Tower x 2
Pathfinder x4
Power According to His Stature x 4

No Stranger to the Shadows

Daddy Twofoot, Next-Door Neighbor
I Will Go

Hope this helps!
Last edited by NBarden on Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:20 pm; edited 1 time in totalExclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded