LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded
lem0nhead
Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:55 am
gizlivadi wrote:
i know how to edit but how to delete?

You cant delete so you just dont post anything else but go back and edit what you did write.
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
gizlivadi
Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:37 pm
Joined: 07 Jul 2007 Posts: 110 Location: how to keep a stupid busy? (read my signature)
Quote:
Duinhir is for swarm stopping. In a choke deck, the number one threat is swarms. Duinhir helps fix that problem, because he can get rid of some minions on the RB, or a defender + Aragorn

two questions, can you explain me again the thing of the threats?

and for the defender +1 thing, i could get some elendil’s valor along with duinhir
gizlivadi
Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:55 pm
Joined: 07 Jul 2007 Posts: 110 Location: how to keep a stupid busy? (read my signature)
ok i made a few changes but i think its better:

starting fellowship:
frodo, RA + TOR, ATAR
aragorn, strider
merry, FTS
sam, SOH

companions:

pippin, FTF
madril, ranger of ithilien
duinhir, TMOVV
gimli, DOTMR

possesions:

athelas x3
ranger’s sword, blade of aragorn
gondorian blade x2
knife of the galadhrim
hobbit sword x2
thror’s map

artifacts:

phial of galadriel, TLOE
seeing stone of minas anor

events:

elendil’s valor x2
swordarm of the white tower x2
dagger strike x3
pathfinder x3

thats it, i realized duinhir is very useful, but how many times can i use farmer maggot’s fields? i need to know, because i want to put duinhir in my SF and then play merry and pippin with the fields... but then, how can i play aragorn, if i would play madril with the pony... Neutral Neutral Confused Think or can i use the pony’s ability twice???? Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
NBarden
Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 5:23 pm
In tournament formats, Farmer Maggot’s Field is not allowed. I’m going to ask a moderator to clean up the thread and move it to Casual/Other Formats. Because Casual is the only time you’re allowed to use old sites.

The Prancing Pony says at the start of the fellowship phase.

You’re getting there, but Aragorn, Strider is a TERRIBLE choice for a choke deck. Trust me, I use him in my Anarion, Lord of Anorien choke, and his drawback text shoots me in the foot. I’m swapping him out for a Gondorian Prowler ASAP, and sticking Heir to the White City in my deck.

But anyway, I wouldn’t use Madril. He’s just an extra companion you don’t need. If you must have an extra companion, Faramir, Son of Denethor is a good, generic splash companion.

Merry, Friend to Sam does not go in a choke deck. He’s going to have to fight a whole lot, and frankly, he won’t last. Sam, Son of Hamfast will die rather quickly as well. I would cut them both, you don’t need that much burden removing.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
gizlivadi
Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:00 pm
ok, since i cannot get heir to the white city, and that strider is awful, i think im gonna use guide and protector (he may work like duinhir) and cut the fields, and use the pony (its pony or poney????) to get at my first turn: frodo (of course) duinhir (why arent you a ranger!!!?? Evil or Very Mad ) , aragorn, and gimli... im cutting ( Shocked ) merry, sam and madril (i just thought madril would work since there are just 3 pathfinders) but then there would be too few companions Crying or Very sad

ok sf: frodo duinhir gimli

then since the pon(e)y would be the first site (i hope) i would have inmediately aragorn, and for pippin... i dont know, i think its better to put faramir, son of denethor instead (im sure pippin wouldnt last) but for sam... if i want the pony to be my first site, i would have to bid high (damn! i prefer to decide by coin flipping!) and then use sam to remove the burdens, the bidding ones and the pony ones... WHAT THE F***!!! IM GONNA FLIP COINS!!! I ALWAYS WIN Wink Wink BESIDES, the rulebook says its opitional Wink Wink
NBarden
Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:07 pm
It is optional, but not in tournaments.

Guide and Protector wouldn’t be the best, his ability only wounds a minion he is skirmishing, so it doesn’t really help. If you can’t get Heir to the White City, I would use Aragorn, Ranger of the North.
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
gizlivadi
Posted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 2:12 pm
all right, im going to look for ranger of the north (its not gonna be easy, but i know a store where i could find it) and i cutted (does that verb tense exist?) sam, merry and pippin and put faramir and halbarad and anothe gondorian blade. thats it, bu i dont think ROTN would work, since i have elendil´s valor and i put the axes so... what for i would need a defender +??
NBarden
Posted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 7:24 pm
Correct English is simply cut.

English is probably the most difficult languages to learn.

I would pull Elendil’s Valor for Swordsman of the Northern Kingdom.
gizlivadi
Posted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:49 pm
ok, english is my best subject! and this year i have to take an english international exam called PET preliminary english test

and for my deck, if i have guide and protector, i think it would be good to put elendil’s valor instead of ROTN and it would be good to put halbarad to wound minions with aragorn and then heal him with halbarad Smile

and if i had to cut elendi’s valor i would put instead of swordsman of the northern kingdom, rally the company Smile then it would be better for guide and protector
NBarden
Posted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 2:28 pm
Maybe Swordarm of the White Tower.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded