LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Deck Clinics » Standard (Type 2)
NBarden
Posted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 1:01 pm
--- description ---
The power of Thallids
--- end description ---

Forest x 4
Pendelhaven
Temple Garden x 4
Treetop Village x 4
Brushland x 4

Llanowar Elves x 4
Birds of Paradise x 4

Thallid x 4
Utopia Mycon x 4
Vitaspore Thallid x 4
Thallid Shell-Dweller x 4
Thallid Germinator x 4
Sporesower Thallid x 4
Savage Thallid x 4
Physcotrope Thallid x 4
Sporoloth Ancient x 4
Thelon of Havenwood x 4
Pallid Mycoderm x 4

Saprolings like crazy. Use Utopia Mycon to get Pallid Mycoderm in play, because it requires a White to play. But once you get it in play, you can start sacrificing Saprolings to make your Fungus HUGE! Not to mention Thelon of Havenwood also helps boost all your Fungus, its helpful to get Thallids pretty tough if you have a lot of Spore counters on them.

Sporesower Thallid and Sporoloth Ancient means ALL your Thallids can produce a Saproling each turn. Or you can let them pile up for Thelon of Havenwood.

Forests and Llanowar Elves + Utopia Mycon means no problem producing mana.

There’s this one card I saw once, but couldn’t find, that makes all your forests 1/1 creatures. I’m not sure if its standard legal or not, though. If you know the title, I’d like to add it in.
Last edited by NBarden on Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:15 pm; edited 4 times in totalExclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
Felipe Musco
Posted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 10:21 pm
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
Pendelhaven is Legendary, so only one can be in play at a time. Brushland does essentially the same as Temple Garden, being a LOT cheaper, although you can just go and fit both in anyway. Also, Horizon Canopy does essentially the same as Brushland, being even better. Then, Birds of Paradise are better Llanowar Elves, and I wouldn’t use Dryad Arbor in such a deck, it’s too slow since it can’t tap for mana the turn you play it, and a Wrath of God would ruin not only your army, but ALSO you mana base. That said, you need to run AT LEAST 2 more lands if you want to have any hope at hitting 4 mana for Sporesower Thallid and 5 for Sporoloth Ancient without missing any land drops. I don’t know the card you’re looking for, maybe the split card Life/Death, but that’s not Standard legal. Also, attacking lands are a whole different strategy, but if you want to try a hand at it, look at uber-acceleration cards like Magus of the Vineyard, Search for Tomorrow and Overgrowth, then add in things like Earth Surge and Muraganda Petroglyphs, and pack in Hunting Wilds as a finisher.
I don't like YOU.
NBarden
Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:53 pm
FOUND IT. Life and Limb, from Planar Chaos. You think that would be a good addition?

And Brushland and Horizon Canopy deal damage to you, so I didn’t want to use them. I’ll ad Brushland, for its ability to add colorless mana for no cost.
And I added some more lands.

By the way, this fighting lands deck intrigues me. Could you give me an example deck? And wouldn’t Blanchwood Armor be a nice addition?
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.

Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Deck Clinics » Standard (Type 2)