LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Gameplay Questions
LeoKula
Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:27 am
Hey guys, here’s a question I’ve never seen answered.

If there are no skirmishes, can I heal companions with Citadel of Minas Tirith? People keep telling me no, but for me, no skirmishes means no skirmishes lost.
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:51 am
You are correct. If no skirmishes occur during the turn, you didn’t lose any skirmish; and thus the healing text triggers.

- AC
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
NBarden
Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:37 pm
That’s why the card rocks with Ithilien Blade.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
Glamdring
Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:53 pm
NBarden wrote:
That’s why the card rocks with Ithilien Blade.

Sweet. I never thought of it that way, but so...yeah, citadel of minas tirith works that way.
Great minds think alike.~CarpeGuitarrem
Rangers will rule the World!! (CC's Official Ranger Lover)
My Haves/Wants Please look!!

...much debate much hard feelings. ~SOP
spartiatis
Posted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 8:53 am
Heh , you remind me of a funny predicament when i was still young, years ago and i had almost come to blows with a tournament director who did not mean to understand this simple ruling. He wanted to deny me this use for the Citadel, thus shutting down my deck.

Well, partially i can’t blame him. It is infuriating to see the opponent exert his companions to kill all the minions and then heal them completely Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:08 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
That’s also a major drawback to cards like Still Twitching and Brought Down from Inside from Age’s End. You can never lose any skirmish with a bearer of those conditions, and yet still have them discarded just because you didn’t skirmish at all in a turn!
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
LeoKula
Posted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:47 am
spartiatis wrote:
Heh , you remind me of a funny predicament when i was still young, years ago and i had almost come to blows with a tournament director who did not mean to understand this simple ruling. He wanted to deny me this use for the Citadel, thus shutting down my deck.

Well, partially i can’t blame him. It is infuriating to see the opponent exert his companions to kill all the minions and then heal them completely Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Yeah, other judges told me that you can’t heal with Citadel even if there were no skirmishes ... glad you guys see it like I do Very Happy

By the way, Where now the Horse has a similar wording... can you use it just for discarding (since it doesn’t require frodo to be skirmishing) and don’t discard the companion you spotted?
menace64
Posted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:41 am
The only cost on the card is to spot a Rohan companion. If Frodo either loses the skirmish or isn’t in play at all, the Rohan companion is discarded.

But (and I think this is what you’re getting at) an argument can be made that Frodo not skirmishing at all is different than Frodo losing a skirmish. In this particular case, though, I’d go with the first scenario.
Riddle 9
When I came to Abraham I let him live just a moment longer. When I came to Moses I saved his life more than once. But the salmon... I regret to say I had a hand in its death.

Who am I?
LeoKula
Posted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:37 pm
menace64 wrote:
The only cost on the card is to spot a Rohan companion. If Frodo either loses the skirmish or isn’t in play at all, the Rohan companion is discarded.

But (and I think this is what you’re getting at) an argument can be made that Frodo not skirmishing at all is different than Frodo losing a skirmish. In this particular case, though, I’d go with the first scenario.

Yeah you got it. If he didn’t skirmish, he didn’t lose. If the card said "If Frodo does not win", then I would have to discard because he didn’t skirmish so he didn’t win, but the card says "If Frodo loses" and he didn’t lose.
Anautikus
Posted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:19 pm
If he didn’t skirmish, why play the card?
My Haves/Wants
Let's Trade! Cool

"Don't waste your time, or time will waste you..."

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Gameplay Questions