LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion
NBarden
Posted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:32 pm
gil-estel wrote:
Another game, but this time a win for me!

NB fruitloops vs my Lonely Smeagol/tentacle swarm

I started to move, with not much support for Smeagol. I manipulated the sitepaths however, which allowed me to move from 1-3 making a grand total of 3 twilight total. He played 2 Hides and a Howdah.
He generated a considerable greater amount of twilight which allowed me to play some tentacles. Another double move from my side, surviving a gollum that could discard to become 2 stronger. Nasty made me survive.
At side 4 I threw a 9 minion swarm at him, so his Smeagol and an Ent died. That nuked his deck, because Smeagol is important and Treebeard couldn’t be played anymore, because of the dead Ent.
This made it easier for me, cause the Uruk Zealot he played at me, had to be returned, for there was no Uruk to spot!! This way I was able to finish the game like a sunday’s afternoon walk. Great game NB, and I’m proud being the first to have beaten FruitLoops!

Ya, like, stupid choke = hand clog = fruit loops dies.

If you can clog up a Fruit Loops deck, it dies. I usually deck out at 3, I didn’t deck out until 5. Sad
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
Mythdracon
Posted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:47 pm
What the heck is Fruit Loops? O_o
TheJord
Posted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:07 am
For mythdracon - http://lotrtcgdb.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=6074
"The rule of Gondor is mine!"
Mythdracon
Posted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:18 am
Thanks! Very Happy
NBarden
Posted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:27 pm
I don’t run that version anymore.

I stole maxidoodle’s idea. And I’ve won every single game except 1, and that against a FLAT OUT STUPID CHOKE DECK!!!!!!!
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
Mythdracon
Posted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:29 pm
So maxidoodle’s idea is a better version of that above decklist?
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:36 pm
Game Result
gil-estel’s Gorn + Sméagol Choke w/ Gollum KotB
vs.
my Gandy + Gorn w/ Ninja Gollum

He choked me and got through region 1 fine, and the same went for me. He doubled to 5 and Sméagol died. He played Sauron which killed Pippin and I stopped. He moved to 6 and Gorn died, then DaD killed Frodo in the regroup. Good game! Very Happy
I had to put something here.
gil-estel
Posted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:53 pm
Joined: 25 Apr 2007 Posts: 545 Location: Groningen, the Netherlands
Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
Game Result
gil-estel’s Gorn + Sméagol Choke w/ Gollum KotB
vs.
my Gandy + Gorn w/ Ninja Gollum

He choked me and got through region 1 fine, and the same went for me. He doubled to 5 and Sméagol died. He played Sauron which killed Pippin and I stopped. He moved to 6 and Gorn died, then DaD killed Frodo in the regroup. Good game! Very Happy

Do not believe AP, I repeat: DO NOT BELIEVE AP! It was not a good game! I made this stupid mistake of letting Smeagol die, where I knew he would Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad so not a good game for me....NG is a pain, certainly vs small decks. I mean, with led astray, plenty of twilight is been made to play the Gollum/Shelob combo....which sucks!
AP, you had a good game Wink Congrats to you!
My trading list
My main wants
My refs
TheJord
Posted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:14 am
I’m on for the next couple of hours if anyone wants a game.
TheJord
Posted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:04 pm
My Elven Tokens with Uruk-hai Tokens

vs

Gillian’s Gandalf Men and Ents with Forestguls

I went first and pulled Glorfindel. I didnt pull a singles token card until site 6 which was frustrating, and my skirmish events didnt come out until site 4, so I was lucky to survive the first few sites.

My Uruk-hai were causing his Ents and Gandalf a problem, but no kills unfortunately. He couldnt double at any point which meant I was getting relatively unharmed by his Forestguls. Lothlorien Guides got rid of Lost in the Woods.

Winner: Me

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion