LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion
NBarden
Posted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:08 pm
Mythdracon wrote:
So maxidoodle’s idea is a better version of that above decklist?

Ya pretty much. Although his deck is dedicated to the combo, with absolutely NO chance to survive if the combo doesn’t go off for some reason. My strategy has a small backup plan.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
NappyKorn
Posted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:59 pm
Game Results

NK’s Dwarven Stack with Men Stack/Ferny Kill
vs.
The Jord’s Elven Tokens with Uruk-hai Tokens

it was a pretty quick game. He got a few elven supplies out in region 1 but nothing to get tokens on them. My shadow was setting up slowly but after seeing what he was trying to do I went ahead and took a chance early and it paid off.

I bid 1 and he bid 0, so he went first. I played Prancing Pony and with it played Glorfindel. Played a Elven Supplies and Sword of the fallen and moved. I had nothing to play as I had to mulligan and drew 5 Men pumps from the start. He stayed.

I played a Loyalty Unshaken (stacking a preparations and a pump on it) I drew 2 cards, played Gimli’s Axe and moved. He played a few Deathly Roar and was done. I stayed.

At site 2 he played another Elven supplies and a few other cards and moved. I was able to get out Mouth of Saruman and exerted him during Maneuver grab a Pavise, Last Days, and Ceremonial Armor. Mouth faced Glorfindel and died. He stayed.

At site 2 I played a Preparations and a Dwarven Warrior and moved he played an Invincible Uruk and he faced faced the Warrior I played Out of Darkness to prevent the overwhelm then he countered with Ghastly Wound. My Warrior was dead quickier than he was played. For regroups I exerted Gimli to stack a few cards and stayed.

At site 3 and 4 not much happened I ate a few wounds from beefy Uruk-hai and played Radagast. He played another Elven Supply and took no wounds from me as I kept drawing 0 minions.

On his trip to site 5 I noticed if I didn’t act fast he wound be full of tokens and hard for me to kill. He gave me enough twilight to play Ferny with a pavise and a few discard during the maneuver phase Men minions (one being the one that boosts the other Men minions by 2 strength. Ferny went unwounded and faced Galadriel. He played a Still Needed (placing it on the top of his draw deck) I played In the Wildman’s Wake making it 5-8. He passed back to me and I dropped a Gathering Strength for the overwhelm.

Great Game Jord Applause .

[b]Game 2 Results[/]

NK’s Wizard Choke with Nazgul
vs.
The Jord’s Gandy Bearer and Rohan with Nazgul

The Jord was working on his revenge when Sda crashed. I decided since my shadow was mainly to cycle and he was 2 site ahead of me he deserved the win.

I bid 2 and he bid 0 and he went first. He played stables, but drew his mount so he didn’t use the site. He played a few Home and Hearth and Firefoot and moved. I played a single Nazgul which he had no trouble beating. He stayed since he needed no more burdens they aready given.

I got a great freeps hand I played Radagast 2 Sent Back, Alatar, and Strange Meeting and moved. He played a couple of nazgul 1 I beat the other wounding Gandalf. I stayed.

Can’t really remember much about this game as I was still feeling good about my last win, so I will skip to the end. Not trying to kill The Jord’s victory by any means.

I had him on the verge of coruption early on since I played Buckland Homestead and 2 Nazzies to kill hi Homa and Heart idea. He was able to grab his other to shortly after. Before those 2 came in to play he was 2 burdens from corruption and the move would have done him in but he got lucky (like we all do from time to time) and grabbed Shadowfax, GOtM and added 5 threats to peel those burdens before the move. After that I kind of knew my chances were getting thin. I stupidly forgot to get Buckland Homestead back with Nelya and that was over for that.

Later done the road I thought I could at least kill a few of his companions by playing The Witch-King, Captain of the Nine Rider with a mount and In twilight. He assigned him to Eomer transferred Palando to him (exerting him twice). The skirmish ended Wikkie 16 Eomer 9, and I had no pumps. He used Erkenbrand’s Shield to keep Eomer alive. For fierce he went on Eowyn. He was exerted and Unheeded to exhaustion and he played Dernhelm’s Blade to kill Wikkie. After the reconcile by us both and him 2 sites ahead on the path Sda crashed. I was at site 5 and he was at site 7. They only thing that I think I could have done was triple to 8 and hope to survive and force him to double with a Gandy RB deck. With that scenario on the table we decided that the game would be his.

Great Game and Great Revenge Jord Applause
No Room
Collection 4 Sale
Deck Wants
TheJord
Posted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 2:59 pm
I’m awaiting an opponent Very Happy
"The rule of Gondor is mine!"
TheJord
Posted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:48 am
My Noble Leaders with Orc Wargs

vs

NK’s Aragorn, HttToG/Smeagol Choke with Wraith/Gollum Threats

I’m kind of tired so this will be short.

Choke is so NPE. My wargs clogged badly as he put out 5/6 twilight for the first 5 sites. I couldn’t touch him, and by the time my Wargs got through his Smeagol was huge. Add into the fact he was abusing the sitepath hugely I was not enjoying myself!!

I managed to double to the end, but his Gul’s had discarded all my King’s Legacy, Hearts Raised and Noble Leaders. I think I only got to use it once.

Winner: Me
Mythdracon
Posted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 2:43 pm
Guys, guys:

-Wizard Choke
-Noble Leaders?

These are the kinds of decks I would LOVE to build, please PM me the list--I promise not to use them in SDA as they are your ideas. I will probably modify them for real-card format. Smile

Thanks!
TheJord
Posted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 5:10 am
Looking for an opponent.
NappyKorn
Posted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 5:23 am
Mythdracon wrote:
Guys, guys:

-Wizard Choke
-Noble Leaders?

These are the kinds of decks I would LOVE to build, please PM me the list--I promise not to use them in SDA as they are your ideas. I will probably modify them for real-card format. Smile

Thanks!

If you are going to use real cards for the Wizard choke I hope you have some money to spend or a good amount of Gandy, Returned and Radagast at hand. You will Need x3 Gandalf, Returned and x4 Radagast. I can PM you the decklist if you want but the deck will not work nearly as well without those 7 cards.
No Room
Collection 4 Sale
Deck Wants
Mythdracon
Posted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:49 am
Please send me the decklist anyhows. Very Happy

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion