LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Standard
Apopatos
Posted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 9:17 am
It’s a long time since I saw a decent no possesion based dwarven deck and thus I decided to give a try to the new dwarven cards which are based around the token strategy. The fact is that it works prety well Very Happy
The shadow on the other side is an old classic and powerful. Corsairs with Red Wrath and wounds. I prefered this one because I love to see my support area full of tokens hehe

Let’s see our Free Peoples deck:(35)

Ring Bearer:
The One Ring, The Ring of Rings
•Gimli, Bearer of Grudges

•Gloin, Son of Gróin (starting)
•Durin III, Dwarven Lord (starting)
•Grimir, Dwarven Emissary
•Linnar, Dwarven Lord

Heavy Axe x2
Gimli’s Battle Axe, Trusted Weapon x1
Dwarven Bracers x4
Well-crafted Armor x2
Arod, Rohirrim Steed x1
Ring of Artifice x2
Ring of Guile x3
Ring of Fury x1
Ring of Retribution x1

Chamber of Records x4
Run Until Found x4
The Fortunes of Balin’s Folk x3
Blood Runs Chill x2
No Pauses No Spills x1

The strategy is simple. Collect as many tokens as you can with your conditions and "Well-crafted Armor". Then during the maneuver use "The Fortunes of Balin’s Folk" in combination with the "Ring of Guile" to wound the annoying minions (they get another one wound during the archery phase from Gimli’s Axe). Then DurinIII or Gloin who is a real beast with Heavy Axe and few tokens destroy the rest.
Bring back your conditions or even your rings of Guile with ring of Artifice and if you choke your hand with few more rings discard them with "Well-crafted Armor" during the skirmish phase.

The shadow is pretty simple as well. With "Red Wrath" and "Corsair Brute" many companions are going to fell dead before they end their skirmishes Twisted Evil
For Castamir with Saruman and Red Wrath isn’t strange to kill 2 companions in one phase. But the bigger surprise is "Corsair Freebooter " who is going to remove every token from "The Faithful Stone" or destroy the new elven token strategy Mr. Green
Here it is:(35)

•Castamir of Umbar x3
Corsair Brute x4
Corsair Ruffian x4
Corsair Marauder x4
Corsair Freebooter x3
Corsair Boatswain x2
Black Sails of Umbar x4
Corsair War Galley x1
Ships of Great Draught x1
Wind That Sped Ships x2
Red Wrath x3
Quelled x2
Fierce in Despair x1
•Saruman, Servant of Sauron x1

I’m waiting advices and opinions Smile
Last edited by Apopatos on Mon Jul 30, 2007 5:38 pm; edited 2 times in total"...I stomp round and round, / Never lie on the ground, / Not even to die. / Oliphaunt am I..."

Apop's trading list
My references
Your deck is small...
LeoKula
Posted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:45 am
Hey Apop Smile My brother plays a deck very similar to yours Smile I guess the biggest diference is 2x Stout and Strong... that makes the deck expanded, but are the only cards before King block. It adds a lot to the token engine since you can remove to win and then reinforce.

I’m getting 4 Run Until Found from a trade and maybe he’ll add some in the deck Wink great card!

Great deck Wink
NBarden
Posted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:38 am
AH SWEEET!

I always loved wounding Corsairs. I ran a build a lot like this one.

Its a sweet deck. Add another Red Wrath and two more Wind that Sped Ships. I’d cut Fierce in Despair, unless you run it with Raider Bow. Raider Bow is awesome, it can give you the twilight you need to pull off a Red Wrath surprise.

I’m no expert on token Dwarves so I won’t even try to advise you there.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
Apopatos
Posted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 5:13 pm
LeoKula wrote:
I guess the biggest diference is 2x Stout and Strong... that makes the deck expanded, but are the only cards before King block. It adds a lot to the token engine since you can remove to win and then reinforce.

Great card, you can add so many tokens on it to win the nineth site automatically during the maneuver phase Wink

NBarden wrote:
I’d cut Fierce in Despair, unless you run it with Raider Bow. Raider Bow is awesome, it can give you the twilight you need to pull off a Red Wrath surprise.

With "Corsair War Galley" you can find easily the neccessary tokens during the regroup phase. My common strategy is to have Castamir and Corsair Brute on the table with a Red Wrath on hand. Like this Brute kills automatically and Castamir simply wins the skirmishes. Then you have the 2 Raider men you need for Fierce in Despair Smile
"...I stomp round and round, / Never lie on the ground, / Not even to die. / Oliphaunt am I..."

Apop's trading list
My references
Your deck is small...
gizlivadi
Posted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 5:35 pm
Joined: 07 Jul 2007 Posts: 110 Location: how to keep a stupid busy? (read my signature)
hhmmm, honoring his kinfolk, may be? i really dont remember what exactly it did but it had something about tokens...
Apopatos
Posted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 5:45 pm
gizlivadi wrote:
hhmmm, honoring his kinfolk, may be? i really dont remember what exactly it did but it had something about tokens...

It’s this one
http://lotrtcg.fanhq.com/TCG/Card.aspx?gameID=7&cardID=6020
nice card but there is not room for this one in the deck. The same with Awkward Moment, great card but it does not fit here. Maybe in a different deck based on events... Think
"...I stomp round and round, / Never lie on the ground, / Not even to die. / Oliphaunt am I..."

Apop's trading list
My references
Your deck is small...
LeoKula
Posted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 8:35 am
Apopatos wrote:
LeoKula wrote:
I guess the biggest diference is 2x Stout and Strong... that makes the deck expanded, but are the only cards before King block. It adds a lot to the token engine since you can remove to win and then reinforce.

Great card, you can add so many tokens on it to win the nineth site automatically during the maneuver phase Wink

Hell yeah!! The Fortunes of Balin’s Folk is just AWESOME, it’s perfect to take out Sauron, Enquea and other nasty minions you won’t win against. This is my favorite dwarven deck Thumbs Up

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Standard